2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

42 minutes ago, Nyox said:

The hump in the centre is there because most luxury cars are RWD. Thus, there is the need to provision space for the drive shaft. 

The new Mazda 3 has AWD variants in other markets and thus the hump, unlike the Altis which is strictly FWD worldwide which is why the floor can be relatively flat. 

i heard its also a safety feature in case of compression during accidents. 

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

I always have the impression that a hump in the centre of the car only find in luxury cars?! For B&B cars now, thought mostly should be flat floor in the centre of the car lo. Maybe i was wrong? Lol.

and why do you think luxury cars have them? because of the drive shaft since most models are RWD. think 3series, c class, a4 etc

mazda AFAIK, from 2014 onwards has been an AWD vehicle (Only in japan). so it makes sense that they have the hump for the drive shaft.. FWD models that have a hump in the rear floor is either because

1) they are produced in the same factory as AWD variants for domestic market(eg. japan). 2) they use the gap in the chassis for the exhaust pipe..

the corolla is an AWD vehicle too (only in japan) but since it's sourced from thailand. the frame might be a little different that models from japan..

Edited by louisbosco

6 hours ago, Nyox said:

The hump in the centre is there because most luxury cars are RWD. Thus, there is the need to provision space for the drive shaft. 

The new Mazda 3 has AWD variants in other markets and thus the hump, unlike the Altis which is strictly FWD worldwide which is why the floor can be relatively flat. 

WRONG.

1) actually the corolla which it's based on has an AWD variant for Japan domestic markets. it is up to you whether you see the altis has a seperate model or not. but most likely, i think it boils down to where the production is made..

2) the old mazda 3 (2014-2018) is an AWD vehicle too. just that it was never exported from japan. it was sold under axela nameplate in Japan with a 1.5 (diesel i think) and auto only. 

3) most if not all front wheel drive japanese cars you know are sold with an AWD variant in japan. i'm not sure how far this dates back, since  i've only started searching this after 2015 when i found out my mazda 3 can be swapped with an AWD drive train from the cx-5. 

The new mazda connect update toolbox for latest macOS is now available for download. Officially supporting 64-bit, though i have yet to try inserting the SD card into computer yet.

The dmg file can now be opened and copied to applications folder.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, aztreonam said:

The new mazda connect update toolbox for latest macOS is now available for download. Officially supporting 64-bit, though i have yet to try inserting the SD card into computer yet.

The dmg file can now be opened and copied to applications folder.

Just to share, although the app is updated and is now compatible to mac os catalina, the SD card inserted into computer won't be read/recognised. hang on a while, hopefully mazda can rectify it soon..

18 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Bought and installed a set of knock-off Mazda 3 sport pedals. Looks just like the original 2020 M3 sports pedal.. ha

mazda-3-hatchback-accessories-alloy-pedals.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, aztreonam said:

Just to share, although the app is updated and is now compatible to mac os catalina, the SD card inserted into computer won't be read/recognised. hang on a while, hopefully mazda can rectify it soon..

Again ah?

On 1/19/2020 at 9:03 PM, Brainstorm said:

Bought and installed a set of knock-off Mazda 3 sport pedals. Looks just like the original 2020 M3 sports pedal.. ha

IMG-20200119-WA0003.jpg

mazda-3-hatchback-accessories-alloy-pedals.jpg

Taobao/Aliexpress?

Just to inform, there are currently 3 recalls in sg for Mazda 3 mild hybrid.

1) crankshaft position unable to be accurately determined, hence causing engine to stall. Module firmware update needed.

2) smart brake system inaccurately determine a collision is imminent when it’s not. SBS module update needed.

3) inefficient fuel injector at Low rpm when having high load. PCM update required.

owners for Mazda 3 mild hybrid can either call tek or visit LTA vehicle recall page to see which recall affects you. Not all vehicles are affected, depending on your assembly line and assembly batch.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Taobao, spent around $50. Taken this during the day without flash.

IMG-20200121-WA0002.jpg

Luckily when I wanna buy there is not dead foot rest available so got a refund. The accelerator have metals strips to fold in to secure right?

I’ve managed to fix the recall at penjuru yesterday. Took about 4hrs across lunch hour. The car felt nothing noticeable except for minor graphical change at lcd screen in instrument cluster..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, aztreonam said:

I’ve managed to fix the recall at penjuru yesterday. Took about 4hrs across lunch hour. The car felt nothing noticeable except for minor graphical change at lcd screen in instrument cluster..

Tomorrow my turn. Mine is recall for item 2 & 3. You?

Edited by Discoburg
↡ Advertisement