2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 1/21/2020 at 1:27 AM, aztreonam said:

Just to inform, there are currently 3 recalls in sg for Mazda 3 mild hybrid.

1) crankshaft position unable to be accurately determined, hence causing engine to stall. Module firmware update needed.

2) smart brake system inaccurately determine a collision is imminent when it’s not. SBS module update needed.

3) inefficient fuel injector at Low rpm when having high load. PCM update required.

owners for Mazda 3 mild hybrid can either call tek or visit LTA vehicle recall page to see which recall affects you. Not all vehicles are affected, depending on your assembly line and assembly batch.

Looks like even Toyota is recalling 3.4 million vehicles worldwide over air bags.

Is this the beginning of an era where we see the rise of the Korean auto brands as the standard bearer of reliability?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/toyota-recall-vehicles-worldwide-air-bags-corolla-matrix-avalon-12299198

On 1/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, aztreonam said:

I’ve managed to fix the recall at penjuru yesterday. Took about 4hrs across lunch hour. The car felt nothing noticeable except for minor graphical change at lcd screen in instrument cluster..

Went at 9 and left at 10.30. Since going in I did my 5K servicing at 2.5K mileage.

5 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Went at 9 and left at 10.30. Since going in I did my 5K servicing at 2.5K mileage.

Any noticeable difference after the SBS/PCM reprogramming?

• Sad 1

On 1/22/2020 at 8:38 AM, Cheefarn said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/21/mazda-skyactiv-x-engine-us-market/

Well we can give up hope on this halo engine already. Cost is way too high just to get a 9% fuel economy over the 2.5L Skyactiv G? 

Seems like its still not powerful enough :D

Mazda has always chased this phantom... from what I understand, basic thermodynamics doesn't allow us to extract more power without using more fuel... unless there's a radical change in our understanding of thermodynamics, then I guess we'll have a breakthrough... which also explains why many companies are pursuing other power alternatives... while Mazda seems to cling onto the ICE while the rest of the industry moves on...

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone can add me on Mazda whatsapp group, if there is any? I will be getting my HB next week, and it would be awesome if I can get some pointers from you guys

4 hours ago, WillofD said:

Anyone can add me on Mazda whatsapp group, if there is any? I will be getting my HB next week, and it would be awesome if I can get some pointers from you guys

Can PM your hp number for Mazda 3 group

Today happened twice that the ride alarmed me telling me to brake when the car infant of me is quite a distance away. However this time my car didn't jammed brake for me to stop. Not sure whether is it the recall that made it didn't activate the brake but just the warning.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, Discoburg said:

Today happened twice that the ride alarmed me telling me to brake when the car infant of me is quite a distance away. However this time my car didn't jammed brake for me to stop. Not sure whether is it the recall that made it didn't activate the brake but just the warning.

Some other Mazda 3 members have reported this issue too. The alarm will sound and dashboard will ask you to brake even when there is nothing in front. Autonomous breaking will not be activated. Better get it checked out by service centre. 

On 1/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, teomingern said:

Mazda has always chased this phantom... from what I understand, basic thermodynamics doesn't allow us to extract more power without using more fuel... unless there's a radical change in our understanding of thermodynamics, then I guess we'll have a breakthrough... which also explains why many companies are pursuing other power alternatives... while Mazda seems to cling onto the ICE while the rest of the industry moves on...

The reason for that is, to really make an impact, you are generally better off improving something that almost everyone else is using.

While hybrid drivetrains are not new and they are great for fuel efficiency, they do have several downsides which partially negate their fuel savings, namely the higher up-front cost of the vehicle, the higher weight of the vehicle, higher complexity of the drivetrain, and the cost + environmental footprint of the battery.

Electric cars promise a greener commute, but realistically speaking, in SG, one is merely shifting tailpipe emissions to the Senoko power station when driving electric cars. Until our grid goes > 50% green (i.e > 50% of our electricity comes from renewables), electric cars are only fraudulently green.

Therefore, I can't argue with what Mazda is pursuing, and they are moving into hybrid land with their partnership with Toyota. So I guess it's a matter of time moving forward.

4 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Some other Mazda 3 members have reported this issue too. The alarm will sound and dashboard will ask you to brake even when there is nothing in front. Autonomous breaking will not be activated. Better get it checked out by service centre. 

I just sent my ride in for the recall last Thursday.

↡ Advertisement