2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

5 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Some other Mazda 3 members have reported this issue too. The alarm will sound and dashboard will ask you to brake even when there is nothing in front. Autonomous breaking will not be activated. Better get it checked out by service centre. 

Just WhatsApp Mazda and they confirmed that the two recall is done on my ride. I will need to go for a test drive with them and replicate the scenario that caused the issue.

its almost like impossible as it’s random and happened just twice from last thurs I left TEK.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Just WhatsApp Mazda and they confirmed that the two recall is done on my ride. I will need to go for a test drive with them and replicate the scenario that caused the issue.

its almost like impossible as it’s random and happened just twice from last thurs I left TEK.

Yeah from what I have heard, it happens randomly for no apparent reason. 

Were you accelerating up a slope by any chance when this incidence occured? Some Mazda 3 owners overseas said the incidences happened on a slope. 

1 hour ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Yeah from what I have heard, it happens randomly for no apparent reason. 

Were you accelerating up a slope by any chance when this incidence occured? Some Mazda 3 owners overseas said the incidences happened on a slope. 

Flat road.

13 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Flat road.

Hmm if the brake warning can come on when driving on the flat road with no obstruction in front, it is not very safe! Better insist TEK fixes it asap. 

2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Hmm if the brake warning can come on when driving on the flat road with no obstruction in front, it is not very safe! Better insist TEK fixes it asap. 

They want me to replicate the scenario for them to see. How am I able to do that? 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, aztreonam said:

No update as usual.. 

Just tried to update but no progress on my MacBook.

Collected in Nov and now already Feb. Seems like TEK gives me 9 months instead of the 12 months to update my maps.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, Discoburg said:

They want me to replicate the scenario for them to see. How am I able to do that? 

Try taking the same route where it occurred?

• Haha! 1

On 2/1/2020 at 8:29 AM, noobcarbuyer said:

Back here at Penjuru to let them take a look

40 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Back here at Penjuru to let them take a look

If you have dashcam footage, you can show them the beeping sounds recorded even if there are no obstacles in front. 

2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

If you have dashcam footage, you can show them the beeping sounds recorded even if there are no obstacles in front. 

Yeah hor but I also never note down which day and time it happened 😅

Need to check for sedan model, does your Mz3 lock the door after you close the boot? Mine doesn't... my old 2014 Mz3 will lock the doors after I close the boot and walk away... the current 2019 Mz3 didn't respond with beep nor lock after I close and walk away, not sure if its a defect or design... sigh.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Need to check for sedan model, does your Mz3 lock the door after you close the boot? Mine doesn't... my old 2014 Mz3 will lock the doors after I close the boot and walk away... the current 2019 Mz3 didn't respond with beep nor lock after I close and walk away, not sure if its a defect or design... sigh.

My hatchback does.

In service center now, was told that only hatchback version has the walk-away from boot lock. Sedan version only has walk-away from door lock function.. sigh..

They also state that they will work on the two recall campaign on my Mz3 (Engine stall concern and smart brake support. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

In service center now, was told that only hatchback version has the walk-away from boot lock. Sedan version only has walk-away from door lock function.. sigh..

They also state that they will work on the two recall campaign on my Mz3 (Engine stall concern and smart brake support. 

Do take note whether does your ride sound off the alarm with display on speedo for braking even when the car in front of you is not near and the car doesn’t auto brakes for you.

5 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Yesterday was driving on the Lonnie road using the mz connect Gps. It’s still showing the old roads not current 🤭

Bro, the GPS software isn't the best.

Strongly suggest you sticker a Marbella/ Tom-Tom or equivalent to the side to help you with GPS navigation.

The only thing going for the built-in GPS is the inclusion of direction and distance on the Heads-Up-Display (HUD) which is projected on the windscreen.

Beyond that, anything else is going to give you a superior experience.

↡ Advertisement