2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 2/11/2020 at 6:26 PM, Drivingbirdie said:

Maybe that’s why I can’t find anything on it online. Only read that it’s at least suppose to help with pick up. 

Actually their Mazda 3 brochure and poster at their showroom on m-hybrid did mention that the electric motor does help during initial pickup, but no value has been seen anywhere. So my guess is that the electric motor is so small till it's not worth noting any power in case drivers don't feel any increase in power and blame it on false marketing of specs lol

Edited by Conan86
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 2/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, aztreonam said:

Mild hybrid has a battery that helps in the situation when you need power. Different make will have different ways of implementing. For Mazda, the mild hybrid is mainly for conserving petrol and maximising fuel consumption boosting to 18km/L if you drive conservatively. Whereas for Audi for example, it allows the car to have complete engine stop while you cruise on highway with battery alone. Mild hybrid cars can restart engine in a split second, much faster than conventional engine with start stop

Is mild hybrid become common on cars nowadays? Saw that subaru recently also launched mild hybrid on the Forester.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Is mild hybrid become common on cars nowadays? Saw that subaru recently also launched mild hybrid on the Forester.

I read the mild hybrid in Subaru helps with initial acceleration, and sudden requirement for acceleration, as well as able to run on pure EV mode up to IIRC 25km/h. Reviews hasn’t been so good though, saying that petrol engine cuts in way before the stated speed. Also, Start-stop cannot be disabled on the eboxer 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Drivingbirdie said:

I read the mild hybrid in Subaru helps with initial acceleration, and sudden requirement for acceleration, as well as able to run on pure EV mode up to IIRC 25km/h. Reviews hasn’t been so good though, saying that petrol engine cuts in way before the stated speed. Also, Start-stop cannot be disabled on the eboxer 

Haha, Jonathan was lamenting on it about start stop cannot he disabled.. but I Guess it’s still an experience considering the eyesight camera was sensitive enough during the review video..

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

The future is electric vehicles ba. Lol. Hybrid nowadays is cus sg not ready yet ba. Lol.

On a seperate note. Visit Mazda service center to update ownership and like they very aloof.

Vehicle got recall not done, wont auto tell me until I asked.

And gave expired voucher. 😷

84497588_183371069676988_3203134661727354880_n.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

The future is electric vehicles ba. Lol. Hybrid nowadays is cus sg not ready yet ba. Lol.

On a seperate note. Visit Mazda service center to update ownership and like they very aloof.

Vehicle got recall not done, wont auto tell me until I asked.

And gave expired voucher. 😷

84497588_183371069676988_3203134661727354880_n.jpg

I agree with the them being very aloof. Went to the Ubi service centre and the people there all behave like we are beneath them. I always say, wanna work front line, wear a smile and talk nicely to people.

The recall I also read about it and voluntarily made an appointment to have it done. I believe they will only inform or do it when you go back to them for servicing. What about those that do not service with them leh? LL!

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

I agree with the them being very aloof. Went to the Ubi service centre and the people there all behave like we are beneath them. I always say, wanna work front line, wear a smile and talk nicely to people.

The recall I also read about it and voluntarily made an appointment to have it done. I believe they will only inform or do it when you go back to them for servicing. What about those that do not service with them leh? LL!

I dont know it is common that people working front line now always behave aloof? Anyway, dont know it is the norm of people in mazda all are aloof, from SE to service centre? Cause i find mazda SE not friendly.

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I dont know it is common that people working front line now always behave aloof? Anyway, dont know it is the norm of people in mazda all are aloof, from SE to service centre? Cause i find mazda SE not friendly.

So far I only found some SA at the Penjuru service centre friendly. There is one old or rather middle aged lady at the counter have a very black face. Not that I never smile at her but she just look like the job is a chore, so QUIT lor.

So far only my SE is very friendly.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Need advice. I know might be slightly biased here. But I'm trying to decide between Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla Altis, and Honda Civic... All three now priced quite close... Any advice? 

3 minutes ago, sachua said:

Need advice. I know might be slightly biased here. But I'm trying to decide between Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla Altis, and Honda Civic... All three now priced quite close... Any advice? 

Why not you try all three, then state what you like or do not like. Then we can roughly know your preferences. 

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, sachua said:

I'll go for altis as an all-rounder, good for those with family and kids. Mazda 3 if young and single as the rear leg room quite tight may not be suitable for family. Civic if young and like sporty cars, but sitting position a bit low for my liking, nowadays the trend is higher seating position better that's why SUV rather popular. Just my personal opinions. Go for test drive with your family and see which one suits better.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

On 2/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, sachua said:

I'll rule out Honda Civic simply because it doesn't offer the same safety features at this point of time.

The rear suspension setup for the Altis is double wishbone while Mazda3 is torsion beam, though many people can't feel a difference. Rear space is very comparable now cause altis headroom is less in this generation. I'd choose the Mazda3 simply because it has the sunroof lol. Unless you're only looking at the base model den no sunroof and no rear air con vents.

I'd suggest trying both cars extensively including the infotainment and speakers when you test drive.

Not easy to decide on these 3 models. I like mazda 3 interior and safety features but dont like the tight rear seat. I like civic overall interior design and roomy but i dont like the low seating and the exterior taillights design. I like altis the so called reliable badge and handling but dont like the ugly HU. Like that how to choose? Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, Discoburg said:

So far I only found some SA at the Penjuru service centre friendly. There is one old or rather middle aged lady at the counter have a very black face. Not that I never smile at her but she just look like the job is a chore, so QUIT lor.

So far only my SE is very friendly.

Your se depends on you for sales commission.  It's no surprise he/she friendly 

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Conan86 said:

I'll rule out Honda Civic simply because it doesn't offer the same safety features at this point of time.

The rear suspension setup for the Altis is double wishbone while Mazda3 is torsion beam, though many people can't feel a difference. Rear space is very comparable now cause altis headroom is less in this generation. I'd choose the Mazda3 simply because it has the sunroof lol. Unless you're only looking at the base model den no sunroof and no rear air con vents.

I'd suggest trying both cars extensively including the infotainment and speakers when you test drive.

Altis has 4 speakers. Both standard and elegance.

Mazda 3 has 8 speakers just in the base model. Top variant has 12 speakers. 

Yes check out both the Altis and Mazda 3 head units. No prizes for guessing the winner. 

40 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Your se depends on you for sales commission.  It's no surprise he/she friendly 

True but he also became a friend after I bought my Mazda 2 from him. After sales service is good and not those that washes his hands after the deal went through.

5 hours ago, Dafansu said:

I'll go for altis as an all-rounder, good for those with family and kids. Mazda 3 if young and single as the rear leg room quite tight may not be suitable for family. Civic if young and like sporty cars, but sitting position a bit low for my liking, nowadays the trend is higher seating position better that's why SUV rather popular. Just my personal opinions. Go for test drive with your family and see which one suits better.

Well said

On 2/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, 13177 said:

Not easy to decide on these 3 models. I like mazda 3 interior and safety features but dont like the tight rear seat. I like civic overall interior design and roomy but i dont like the low seating and the exterior taillights design. I like altis the so called reliable badge and handling but dont like the ugly HU. Like that how to choose? Lol.

The easiest solution is to ask your wife. That way you'll always be right. 😛

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1