2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Yeah... if I still feel the speakers lacking, will consider going aftermarket... Having said that, I do hope it will sound better than my current Qashqai, which to be fair is a pretty decent sounding setup. Only downside in Qashqai in this department is the amount of road noise that sips into the cabin.. anyway lets see how it goes.

I am a relatively new driver.. been driving for less than 3 years now.. ask you guys ah, is it weird that I am still scared to drive to city area? something thats been bugging me quite a bit! When does one get enough confidence to drive anywhere they want... I cant even imagine driving into JB by myself..  just something I wondering on a hot sunday afternoon! :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Yeah... if I still feel the speakers lacking, will consider going aftermarket... Having said that, I do hope it will sound better than my current Qashqai, which to be fair is a pretty decent sounding setup. Only downside in Qashqai in this department is the amount of road noise that sips into the cabin.. anyway lets see how it goes.

I am a relatively new driver.. been driving for less than 3 years now.. ask you guys ah, is it weird that I am still scared to drive to city area? something thats been bugging me quite a bit! When does one get enough confidence to drive anywhere they want... I cant even imagine driving into JB by myself..  just something I wondering on a hot sunday afternoon! :D

Still no confidence in driving after so long then you should buy re-sale cars and just bash around for experience.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, poorcarowner said:

i dunno current maz 3, but historical mazda 3 is never quiet...

solution: on ur radio louder lor

3 yrs n ur car nvr drink jb vpwr before? wat a waste!

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Vegas said:

i dunno current maz 3, but historical mazda 3 is never quiet...

solution: on ur radio louder lor

3 yrs n ur car nvr drink jb vpwr before? wat a waste!

The new Mazda 3 is quiet. Very quiet.

• Praise 3

Hopefully the speakers are up to your standards, Mazda speakers are quite good even non-bose ones.

I think it's normal to be a bit apprehensive driving to city especially if you don't drive there often. I didn't need to drive anywhere near CBD area cause my workplace was not there, so didn't feel comfortable around CBD cause the lanes do need get used to especially collyer quay area. But now it's not a problem at all after getting used to it. Just make sure you drive safe and don't do last minute correction if you're in the wrong lane lol

• Praise 2

(edited)

Thanks @Conan86Yeah... of course much much easier to drive around these days compared to the first time driving.. just some last bit of anxiety left .. hope it will pass soon.. 

anyway, not to digress much from the topic of this thread... waiting for some good news this week.. will update again when I hear from the sales lady... :D

Edited by poorcarowner
  • Praise 1

On 3/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, poorcarowner said:

You don't try you won't learn... just got to ey it... and suck up any bumps and knocks lor... drive slowly, signal early, plan your route, stick to places you're more familiar with for a start until you can drive to those places without GPS or having to think about it... then you'll automatically be able to drive anywhere in the world lor...

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 3/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, poorcarowner said:

Driving is something you need to drive more to gain confidence thought driving experience in all sort of road condition de. If you always try to avoid driving to certain places just because you are not familiar etc, you would never improve. Just drive slowly and be alert around you when you drive to places not familiar or city area, tell yourself no need to scare and anxious even cars behind you honk at you for going slow. Lol.

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Driving is something you need to drive more to gain confidence thought driving experience in all sort of road condition de. If you always try to avoid driving to certain places just because you are not familiar etc, you would never improve. Just drive slowly and be alert around you when you drive to places not familiar or city area, tell yourself no need to scare and anxious even cars behind you honk at you for going slow. Lol.

Not really.  It really depends on individual character.

After driving 6 mths also no confident, better don't drive.

No amount of practise will help.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Not really.  It really depends on individual character.

After driving 6 mths also no confident, better don't drive.

No amount of practise will help.

Like that how did the person passed his driving test le? Lol.

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is not difficult to pass the test.

On the other hand, the real test is REAL WORLD.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

just like how humans can score very well in exam but fail in life. 

Just realised that the Mazda 3 ac is a little cranky. Sometimes 23.5D and fan speed two is cold and sometimes it’s rather warm. Of course weather outside is similar when comparing.

13 hours ago, teomingern said:

You don't try you won't learn... just got to ey it... and suck up any bumps and knocks lor... drive slowly, signal early, plan your route, stick to places you're more familiar with for a start until you can drive to those places without GPS or having to think about it... then you'll automatically be able to drive anywhere in the world lor...

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

Heyy! Thanks for the encouraging words guys! I totally agree its all about practice... just like first time when I bought, scared even to drive to work which is so closeby for me.. but a month or two later, no problem already... its just places where I have to drive for the first time and especially I dont know where the freaking carpark entrance is...then I worry that I will miss the entrance and keep driving round and round to find it.. :D

I have actually driven in Malaysia, went to Port dickson and Melaka twice and back already.. JB city a bit confusing for me.. the one time I drove there, I got really lost even with GPS! so many branches off the road the moment you come out of the CIQ.. then went to the wrong fork, lost for a while... so kind of worried to go back there... Its not the driving that bothers me, its when I have to also focus on navigation while driving that gets on my nerves... 

Anyway, sorry that I took the topic in a off-topic direction here. Back to Mazda 3, unfortunately my COE did not come through this round.. so have to wait for another 2 weeks.. quite sad really.. hope its really worth the wait.. 

On 3/5/2020 at 10:53 PM, poorcarowner said:

Heyy! Thanks for the encouraging words guys! I totally agree its all about practice... just like first time when I bought, scared even to drive to work which is so closeby for me.. but a month or two later, no problem already... its just places where I have to drive for the first time and especially I dont know where the freaking carpark entrance is...then I worry that I will miss the entrance and keep driving round and round to find it.. :D

I have actually driven in Malaysia, went to Port dickson and Melaka twice and back already.. JB city a bit confusing for me.. the one time I drove there, I got really lost even with GPS! so many branches off the road the moment you come out of the CIQ.. then went to the wrong fork, lost for a while... so kind of worried to go back there... Its not the driving that bothers me, its when I have to also focus on navigation while driving that gets on my nerves... 

Anyway, sorry that I took the topic in a off-topic direction here. Back to Mazda 3, unfortunately my COE did not come through this round.. so have to wait for another 2 weeks.. quite sad really.. hope its really worth the wait.. 

Aiyoh... don't worry... sure get one lar... if anything TEK quite good with this...

• Haha! 1

20 hours ago, teomingern said:

Aiyoh... don't worry... sure get one lar... if anything TEK quite good with this...

Oh nice! Thanks teomingern! in a couple of weeks then.. 

Ask you guys ah, how long after the Coe bidding  you guys receive delivery? 

Also anything specific to check in the car when you receive the delivery? 

First time buying new car for me... Hence not familiar with all the details and processes.. 

• Praise 1

First time buying new car for me... Hence not familiar with all the details and processes.. 

I was very jumpy when I was buying my first car, everyday thinking when it’ll come lol, just relax and maybe surf for some cheap accessories like key pouch, cable management stuff for now, likely it’ll all come and ready when you’re collecting your car.

Car collection checklist are available online, sgcarmart also has an article about it. There’s a long list to check depending on your level of detail. I suggest going slow and check off the list. Don’t need to worry about taking a long time cause it’s your big purchase, your sales agent should check through together.

But for me, I’ll do a good walk around to check exterior with flashlight, it should be in immaculate condition cause they’ll polish and shine, the tyre and rims too. Interior on leather and surfaces to make sure no scratch, but there should be plastic film so it’s up to you if you wanna remove them. Functional check for interior and exterior lights, horn. Most stuff are covered under warranty so you’ll have chance to rectify if you find issues after driving off.

3 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

Damn I remember buying my first car in 2004. So exciting even thought my first car is a Hyundai Accent from Komoco. After that the next 6 cars all no feelings liao. Anyway within 2 weeks you will be able to collect the new ride.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1