2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Neutral Newbie
3 minutes ago, Conan86 said:

It's normal due to condensation etc. Point to note though, don't keep running the car on ACC mode on extended period as it just drains out your battery.

Your car is new so it wouldn't happen but doing so with an older car battery may result in you needing to do jump start cause the battery no power to start the engine. Not sure if the m-hybrid lithium battery helps in this aspect as well.

Understood, will be more careful in the future. Thanks! 😊 

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, regpur said:

Understood, will be more careful in the future. Thanks! 😊 

Welcome, SIC. Most importantly enjoy your new ride!

Supercharged
On 3/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, 13177 said:

Think depends on if there are many people waiting for test drive? Or depends on the SE which road to take? But usually test drive would not go to expressway de.

All my test-drives before (BMW, Toyota, Nissan etc) have gone up highway before, a short stretch in between highway exits.

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

All my test-drives before (BMW, Toyota, Nissan etc) have gone up highway before, a short stretch in between highway exits.

Have never went to any portion of a highway for whatever brands of car’s test drive before 😫

9 minutes ago, Xinjiemaomao said:

Hi all, collecting my new mazda 3 next wednesday. very excited. hope to learn more things here.. Cheers

Congrats.

On 3/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, Slauz said:

Today went to test drive a Mazda. Asked for a proper test drive - highway etc.. but was told only can go up and down leng kee road. Just walked out.

Is this the way test drives are done here? in Australia - they let you take the car on your own let you do a proper test drive. 

Ah yes bro... Mazda especially careful... there was case where the SE let a potential customer take a test drive in a MX-5 or Miata and that chap lost control of the car and wrecked it. I think the SE died or something like that... very sensational at that time... so I can understand why... I was able to do a test drive on AYE from Queenstown exit until Jurong West and back when I got my current Sonata lor... but this SE I know him and my dad know him... I bought 2 cars from him so far... and he wanted me to feel the superior NVH of the car on the highway at high speeds... of course within limits...

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, teomingern said:

Ah yes bro... Mazda especially careful... there was case where the SE let a potential customer take a test drive in a MX-5 or Miata and that chap lost control of the car and wrecked it. I think the SE died or something like that... very sensational at that time... so I can understand why... I was able to do a test drive on AYE from Queenstown exit until Jurong West and back when I got my current Sonata lor... but this SE I know him and my dad know him... I bought 2 cars from him so far... and he wanted me to feel the superior NVH of the car on the highway at high speeds... of course within limits...

That case was on MacPherson road.

Wah can test drive to Jurong, very good.

Edited by Discoburg

3 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Guess because you and your dad know this SE, so can test drive until so far?! Lol. For usual test drive, dont think can drive until so far la.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Guess because you and your dad know this SE, so can test drive until so far?! Lol. For usual test drive, dont think can drive until so far la.

Usually their style is to limit the drive to less accident prone areas or reduce risk. But if they are desperate enough for sales, they will go all out to play the calculated risk.

so I Guess if your reason is valid, they would accommodate as far as possible. I got see people go highway and rev before also. Last time it’s not difficult to spot the test drive vehicle around lengkee..

Congratulations to the new owners of the Mazda 3 BP series!

We have a whatsapp group, gathering like minded folks to discuss things to look out for, advise, and generally a discussion on the Mazda 3. If you folks are keen to join please PM!

;-) looking forward to seeing you folks there!

On 3/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, Conan86 said:

I was very jumpy when I was buying my first car, everyday thinking when it’ll come lol, just relax and maybe surf for some cheap accessories like key pouch, cable management stuff for now, likely it’ll all come and ready when you’re collecting your car.

Car collection checklist are available online, sgcarmart also has an article about it. There’s a long list to check depending on your level of detail. I suggest going slow and check off the list. Don’t need to worry about taking a long time cause it’s your big purchase, your sales agent should check through together.

But for me, I’ll do a good walk around to check exterior with flashlight, it should be in immaculate condition cause they’ll polish and shine, the tyre and rims too. Interior on leather and surfaces to make sure no scratch, but there should be plastic film so it’s up to you if you wanna remove them. Functional check for interior and exterior lights, horn. Most stuff are covered under warranty so you’ll have chance to rectify if you find issues after driving off.

Thanks Conan86 for the telling me about the checklist... I saw the list and will try to look it while collecting the car!

On 3/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, Discoburg said:

Damn I remember buying my first car in 2004. So exciting even thought my first car is a Hyundai Accent from Komoco. After that the next 6 cars all no feelings liao. Anyway within 2 weeks you will be able to collect the new ride.

last few weeks have been freakishly busy at work.. many people on forced MC, then the remaining have to pick up the slack... anyway!

Its finally happening Conan86 & Discoburg! I am collecting the car tomorrow.... It will be hard to sleep tonight! hahaha I am taken an off day for tomorrow.. Will drive around once I collect... :D 

I will come back and report on my experience in due time... Excited!!! :D 

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Thanks Conan86 for the telling me about the checklist... I saw the list and will try to look it while collecting the car!

last few weeks have been freakishly busy at work.. many people on forced MC, then the remaining have to pick up the slack... anyway!

Its finally happening Conan86 & Discoburg! I am collecting the car tomorrow.... It will be hard to sleep tonight! hahaha I am taken an off day for tomorrow.. Will drive around once I collect... :D 

Nice! Nowadays road very clear so will be nice to drive around when you collect tmr lol. There’s a lot of bells and whistles so take your time to slowly familiarize with it. I like to read manual so it helped me understand the features more. Remember to post photos!

10 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

Congrats

1 minute ago, Pryder said:

Hi, i will be collecting my Mazda 3 on 1st April, APRIL FOOL day

1st time buying Mazda car

Congrats. You will love it.

Guys, just want to check if you can smell the outside air even when you set the aircon to recycle mode? Sometimes when trucks or bikes giving out lots of smoke, I can smell them quite quickly... not sure if the air vent jammed at fresh air mode inside or its normal. Thanks. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

Guys, just want to check if you can smell the outside air even when you set the aircon to recycle mode? Sometimes when trucks or bikes giving out lots of smoke, I can smell them quite quickly... not sure if the air vent jammed at fresh air mode inside or its normal. Thanks. 

It’s normal.. any car will have that issue but it shouldn’t be too strong a smell. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1