2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

1 hour ago, aztreonam said:

It’s normal.. any car will have that issue but it shouldn’t be too strong a smell. 

Normal for Mazda?

The difference shd be between auto recirculate or always recirculate.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

20 hours ago, badlammy said:

Normal for Mazda?

The difference shd be between auto recirculate or always recirculate.

If user has set to recirculating mode, auto function will cease immediately, as far as I comprehend the English..

3 hours ago, aztreonam said:

If user has set to recirculating mode, auto function will cease immediately, as far as I comprehend the English..

I think you don’t understand @badlammy 

what he is saying is the recirculating mode,

• Praise 1

Yea, because my rides so far have 2 recirculation modes and 'auto recirculation' lets the car decide when to let in fresh air (hence fumes), so had to set it to 'always recirculate'.

Have not sat in the latest M3 yet but the prev gen phv rides i took had no such problems.

If the controls are in order, then the next culprit could be the aircon flaps not complety closed when recirculating.

• Praise 1

guys my Mazda3 istop suddenly stop working for some reason. 

putting my aircond to mid range did not help either. previously when i'm on neutral gear it will switch to istop automatically, now it just not entering anymore.

anyone have this issue?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, SoONzAi said:

putting my aircond to mid range did not help either. previously when i'm on neutral gear it will switch to istop automatically, now it just not entering anymore.

anyone have this issue?

Go to information display and see which is not ready, battery, aircon or engine..

2 hours ago, SoONzAi said:

anyone have this issue?

Have you been driving your ride all the time? Or parked for awhile already due to this CB period?

Also do check the battery. If the battery level is low, start stop will not be activated.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, Brainstorm said:

Guys, just want to check if you can smell the outside air even when you set the aircon to recycle mode? Sometimes when trucks or bikes giving out lots of smoke, I can smell them quite quickly... not sure if the air vent jammed at fresh air mode inside or its normal. Thanks. 

Bro, this is quite normal for most cars that don't come with an active air filtration system. There is an air vent that shuts the intake of air from outside the car, but this air vent is just shut by a flap with a rubber seal. When you stop beside a truck or bus belching black exhaust, you'll find that the strong smelling gases leaks into the cabin even though you selected to shut the air vent and use the recirculation mode permanently. This is because the rubber seal doesn't quite shut out everything. There is one way around it, which is to simply seal the air vent. My mechanic recommended simply using silicone to seal the vent. It's reversible process. On the other hand, my current car, a Hyundai Sonata comes built-in with a HEPA air filtration system that prevents any odours from outside the car to enter the cabin. So I don't suffer from this leakage anymore. I never realised that this was possible in higher end cars. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

New user reporting in! I collected my car right before circuit breaker actually, too bad cant use it much. So far just for grocery runs and food. getting about 15km/liter fuel efficiency, what is everyone else getting?

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, maverook said:

New user reporting in! I collected my car right before circuit breaker actually, too bad cant use it much. So far just for grocery runs and food. getting about 15km/liter fuel efficiency, what is everyone else getting?

Car still new so FC will be good. I think I am getting around 13m/h.

Anyway just enjoy the ride and not fret too much on the FC. Car already purchased.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, Discoburg said:

Car still new so FC will be good. I think I am getting around 13m/h.

Anyway just enjoy the ride and not fret too much on the FC. Car already purchased.

I think you mean 13 km/L?

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

90% highway driving?

18 is achievable on mostly highway driving. If mostly stop and go kind of city driving it’s kind of bad..

(edited)
31 minutes ago, aztreonam said:

18 is achievable on mostly highway driving. If mostly stop and go kind of city driving it’s kind of bad..

Yeah I agree. Best I ever achieved with 50% highway is 15km/L

Edited by Discoburg

On 5/6/2020 at 9:49 AM, Discoburg said:

90% highway driving?

I stay in north and work in west of Singapore, so its about 80-90% highway. If I drive from west to east, can get 21+km/L for that trip. If I have more weekend city driving around, that will reduce my mileage to 17+km/L.. Ha

• Praise 1

On 4/24/2020 at 5:20 PM, aztreonam said:

It’s normal.. any car will have that issue but it shouldn’t be too strong a smell. 

I ask because my previous Mazda 3's don't have such strong smoke smell... but its once a while as Singapore lorry quite ok, not many give out excessive smoke.. 

↡ Advertisement