2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 5/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, Brainstorm said:

I ask because my previous Mazda 3's don't have such strong smoke smell... but its once a while as Singapore lorry quite ok, not many give out excessive smoke.. 

Ah nope... many of the diesel goods vehicles are more than 15 years old due to the sudden decision by the government to impose the Euro 4 emission standard on this category of vehicles... none of the Japanese or even Korean models were compliant then and only the European brands had compliant models but were much more expensive... so most owners simply renewed their COE for another 10 years... we are suffering the pollution from that lousy policy... now the government has extended the rebate to help owners replace their old vehicles with newer cleaner ones but only give $6000... who want to change when you can renew your COE for 10 years indefinitely and with Japanese small lorries and vans almost bulletproof reliability?

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Ah nope... many of the diesel goods vehicles are more than 15 years old due to the sudden decision by the government to impose the Euro 4 emission standard on this category of vehicles... none of the Japanese or even Korean models were compliant then and only the European brands had compliant models but were much more expensive... so most owners simply renewed their COE for another 10 years... we are suffering the pollution from that lousy policy... now the government has extended the rebate to help owners replace their old vehicles with newer cleaner ones but only give $6000... who want to change when you can renew your COE for 10 years indefinitely and with Japanese small lorries and vans almost bulletproof reliability?

Sorry, you are wrong on some parts.

Commercial vehicles lifespan is max 20 years in here. Once the van/lorries reached 20 years old from the date of 1st registered date, you got to send it to scrap or export no matter you paid 10 or 5 years coe previously.

• Praise 3

Hey fellas! CB period, I broke from the forums as well! 😁 sorry, just been freaking busy working from home.. Finally got a chance to upload a couple of pictures! So what do you guys think? Can the car be in redder than this?😂🤣 😂

I am so in love with the amazing color!InkedEFFECTS_LI.thumb.jpg.7ea21df5ee2f2e1ed2fe53136841a304.jpgCarpark.thumb.jpg.13fa3c4384c9353415638770bfa9c5ba.jpgUnfortunately, havent driven the car since the CB period started.. so for about one and a half months now.. Damn sian.. Barely drove for over a week before that.. Hope something doesnt go wrong with the car, just sitting in the carpark.

It was very nice feeling car when I drove though. Coming from the Qashqai, I was just beginning to get used to the low sitting position. One thing, I would like to caution new owners of this car, is to immediately disable the auto correction for lane departure (forget the name of the exact setting option). But this could have gotten me into an accident at least 3 times, before I disabled it.

One day when it was raining very heavily and the car thought I had veered off the lane, suddenly swerved to the left to bring me into the 'lane'! Whoah scary like hell. another time a bus was leaving the bus stop and you guys know how they like to angle their bus almost 60 degrees or so. I was in the adjacent lane so I moved a bit to the right to give the guy enough space and once again the system swerved me back left.. got damn scared. anyway, I disabled it on the 3rd day and it was fine after that.

Will try to post more experience once this CB is over! Going sian staying at home really... cant wait for this to be over. Hope everyone is keeping safe!

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)
42 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Hey fellas! CB period, I broke from the forums as well! 😁 sorry, just been freaking busy working from home.. Finally got a chance to upload a couple of pictures! So what do you guys think? Can the car be in redder than this?😂🤣 😂

I am so in love with the amazing color!InkedEFFECTS_LI.thumb.jpg.7ea21df5ee2f2e1ed2fe53136841a304.jpgCarpark.thumb.jpg.13fa3c4384c9353415638770bfa9c5ba.jpgUnfortunately, havent driven the car since the CB period started.. so for about one and a half months now.. Damn sian.. Barely drove for over a week before that.. Hope something doesnt go wrong with the car, just sitting in the carpark.

It was very nice feeling car when I drove though. Coming from the Qashqai, I was just beginning to get used to the low sitting position. One thing, I would like to caution new owners of this car, is to immediately disable the auto correction for lane departure (forget the name of the exact setting option). But this could have gotten me into an accident at least 3 times, before I disabled it.

One day when it was raining very heavily and the car thought I had veered off the lane, suddenly swerved to the left to bring me into the 'lane'! Whoah scary like hell. another time a bus was leaving the bus stop and you guys know how they like to angle their bus almost 60 degrees or so. I was in the adjacent lane so I moved a bit to the right to give the guy enough space and once again the system swerved me back left.. got damn scared. anyway, I disabled it on the 3rd day and it was fine after that.

Will try to post more experience once this CB is over! Going sian staying at home really... cant wait for this to be over. Hope everyone is keeping safe!

You really need to get used from driving high sitting position Qashqai to a low sitting mazda 3. Need some time to adapt. Cause i have a friend when he started switching driving a SUV, since then every car he changed all are SUV, cannot get used driving a saloon car liao. Lol.

Dont feel sian, everyone of us also going through this CB period, and all cars also sitting at the carpark most of the time. You still can drive out your car to buy groceries la, but try to stay at home more. And about less than 3 week to go before CB is over, so hang on there. Very fast de. :D 

Edited by 13177

1 hour ago, poorcarowner said:

i collected later than u, only drive out buy bfast & grocery..........nothing more than that.......haha

• Praise 1

Hi @Pryder and @poorcarowner

congrats on your new ride! I’m a new member but have read almost every page on this thread. I’m in the midst of shortlisting my first family car and Mazda 3 is one of those shortlisted. I know the listed price is usually different from the eventual transacted price, do you mind sharing with me approx. the price for your ride so I have some point of reference when CB is over?

thank you very much!

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, cantonaa said:

congrats on your new ride! I’m a new member but have read almost every page on this thread. I’m in the midst of shortlisting my first family car and Mazda 3 is one of those shortlisted. I know the listed price is usually different from the eventual transacted price, do you mind sharing with me approx. the price for your ride so I have some point of reference when CB is over?

thank you very much!

Yes the price offered by the salesman will be different from the listed price. They will add this discount and that.

I paid $106,888 cause mine is a hatchback. $7K more then the sedan.

4 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

I am so in love with the amazing color!Carpark.thumb.jpg.13fa3c4384c9353415638770bfa9c5ba.jpg

Nice colour. Will choose this if not for the polymetal blue.

By the way the solar film is supplied by TEK? So good they never give you the sunshade portion. Hated that look but didn't wanna waste money by tearing off my front windscreen solar film and re-applying.

33 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Yes the price offered by the salesman will be different from the listed price. They will add this discount and that.

I paid $106,888 cause mine is a hatchback. $7K more then the sedan.

Thanks man! The price is quite close to Mazda 6 also. Will prob take a look at both when CB is over, hopefully the COE goes down..

• Praise 1

Just now, cantonaa said:

Thanks man! The price is quite close to Mazda 6 also. Will prob take a look at both when CB is over, hopefully the COE goes down..

Choose wisely. 😁

21 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Choose wisely. 😁

Yeah I will, first time buy car.. very noob.. but price sensitive lol

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, cantonaa said:

Yeah I will, first time buy car.. very noob.. but price sensitive lol

No worries bro. We all was once a first time car buyer.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, cantonaa said:

thank you very much!

Hi, i got mine at 86888 Classic sedan

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Pryder said:

Cheap. I was quoted $98,888 for a sedan elegance in Oct 2019.

2 hours ago, Pryder said:

Really good price! Hopefully CB ends soon so you can enjoy your new ride=)

On a side note, does anyone knows how long will the process take from purchase to delivery? I’m not in a rush but will prob need it by Nov. I saw some of the folks here took 4-5 months for some reason..

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Pryder said:

Good deal for a classic version. When mazda 3 was first launched, classic was quoted as around $89k or $90K plus i think.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, cantonaa said:

On a side note, does anyone knows how long will the process take from purchase to delivery? I’m not in a rush but will prob need it by Nov. I saw some of the folks here took 4-5 months for some reason..

Locally Mazda does keep an inventory of cars for sale, so it’s just up to the government to open coe bidding only..

(edited)
3 hours ago, cantonaa said:

There’s many scenarios which may lead to long waiting

1. Do they have ready local stock, if not are they already on its way or do you have to indent it? With the global slowdown, manufacturing and shipment might be unknown after this period. But roughly 3 months shouldn’t be a problem.

2. Securing of COE. Depends on your final buying price and how much AD willing to bid. Also depends on when COE bidding is going to reopen. If local COVID19 cases continue to be low, likely June will restart already. Normally also about 3 months if they really keep bidding low but unlikely, I think Mazda quite willing to bid reasonable amount and buyers usually get the COE within 2 bids.

3. Delivery appointment. The first two factor more crucial. This one should be straightforward after they get those, just need to clear backlog of delivery if they have any..

just wait for showroom to open again, within a week or two the salesperson will likely be able to give a good estimate on delivery schedule

Edited by Conan86
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1