2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

9 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Maybe it’s because mine is the Mz3 hatchback? Have not sat in the rear seat of the sedan with the driver seat adjusted to my linking.

When I fetch taller people, I would have adjusted my seat more to the front. That will make my rear passenger more comfortable. I too hate the feeling where my knees are rubbing against the back of the driver seat.

Glad to find another ex-DJ owner now a BP owner.

The mazda 2 DJ was a very reliable and cheap ride to maintain, really loved it. Drove it all the way from new till scrap with 240K on the odo.

The only mazda I'm driving is my family's Mz 3 BN hatch, would have gotten the BP if it came out earlier in 2018... hahah I'm now driving the F20, I still love hatches.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

The mazda 2 DJ was a very reliable and cheap ride to maintain, really loved it. Drove it all the way from new till scrap with 240K on the odo.

The only mazda I'm driving is my family's Mz 3 BN hatch, would have gotten the BP if it came out earlier in 2018... hahah I'm now driving the F20, I still love hatches.

Sorry to have mistaken you for a Mazda 3 owner bro. Your DJ is which year one, can drive till scrap? Mine is 2015 and I sold it last year for the BP.

Love the 1 series, can't afford it.😪

(edited)
3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Sorry to have mistaken you for a Mazda 3 owner bro. Your DJ is which year one, can drive till scrap? Mine is 2015 and I sold it last year for the BP.

Love the 1 series, can't afford it.😪

Got it in Mar 2008, other than normal oil change for engine and gearbox, only changed 1 x air con compressor, a pair of rear shock absorber, 1 rear wheel bearing, replaced radiator set due to leak.

Mazda makes reliable car, best thing is, easy to find OEM spare parts, so it's very affordable and any workshop can easily handle the car.

Good choice for the BP. Have always admired Mazda designs. They frequently come up with amazing looking cars inside out 😍

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Some word came out about the turbo 3, still expected to be the 2.5L engine making about 227hp; dunno how well will compete with those figures compared to european cars doing 210~265hp from 2.0L

Any news on SkyActiv X in SG anot?

I think main thing I don't like about the new 3 is the half-ars instrument cluster and the big rear pillars

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, 7hm said:

Some word came out about the turbo 3, still expected to be the 2.5L engine making about 227hp; dunno how well will compete with those figures compared to european cars doing 210~265hp from 2.0L

Any news on SkyActiv X in SG anot?

I think main thing I don't like about the new 3 is the half-ars instrument cluster and the big rear pillars

(edited)
On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 1:16 PM, Discoburg said:

Wow I’m 1.7m and my rear passenger who is 1.7m have to sit with his legs apart behind the driver seat. 

anyway do buy what you fancy. If it’s the Mz3, get at least the elegance spec.

Some are long leg short body,some are short leg long body,some like to sit upright,some like to sit like "no back bone".So really depends on individual.

Edited by Sktan10
  • Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, Sktan10 said:

Some are long leg short body,some are short leg long body,some like to sit upright,some like to sit like "no back bone".So really depends on individual.

I sit quite to the front and upright. So it’s already allowing the rear passenger more leh room already but still 

23 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

I sit quite to the front and upright. So it’s already allowing the rear passenger more leh room already but still 

So you are the 挺胸做人 type.😁😁😁

59 minutes ago, handsomepotato said:

Anyone knows if Mazda will be bringing in the new Mazda 3 2.5L Turbo? Would be interesting to have an alternative to the Skoda RS245

Very unlikely. If they do that, the CX9 can't sell already since the engine and gb combo is taken from the CX9

We are even denied of the expensive SkyActiv X 2L engine in the 3 and CX30 till date. It was promised by TEK that they will bring in this year...now no pic no sound. 

And CX8 also. Our CX8 will be from Malaysia and its already selling over there for quite some time. So stocks is not an issue. Again no pic no sound. 

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, Cheefarn said:

Very unlikely. If they do that, the CX9 can't sell already since the engine and gb combo is taken from the CX9

Same engine/gearbox means one of them cannot sell? Even when one is a 5m long 7 seater SUV and the other is a hot hatch? What kind of stupid logic is that?!?

• Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Same engine/gearbox means one of them cannot sell? Even when one is a 5m long 7 seater SUV and the other is a hot hatch? What kind of stupid logic is that?!?

that's why lambo and porches cannot sell because vw and audi has the same parts.. 😂

• Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I am new here. Decided to get the Mazda 3 after reading through the forum. I am trying to purchase the key pouch from taobao in advance. Can anyone share the key fob is 2 buttons or 3 buttons as I noticed there are 2 variance from the internet. Thanks!

• Praise 1

On 7/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, Cheefarn said:

We are even denied of the expensive SkyActiv X 2L engine in the 3 and CX30 till date. It was promised by TEK that they will bring in this year...now no pic no sound. 

And CX8 also. Our CX8 will be from Malaysia and its already selling over there for quite some time. So stocks is not an issue. Again no pic no sound. 

Wonder why Mazda Singapore is bringing CX-8 in when it is almost identical to CX-9. 

They should consider making the 2.0 skyactiv-G for the Mazda 3 available instead. The CX-30 without the mild hybrid comes with 2.0 engine and the pricing is reasonable too.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Heartbreakid said:

Wonder why Mazda Singapore is bringing CX-8 in when it is almost identical to CX-9. 

They should consider making the 2.0 skyactiv-G for the Mazda 3 available instead. The CX-30 without the mild hybrid comes with 2.0 engine and the pricing is reasonable too.

Similar in shape yes, actually Mazda products looks very similar to each other, and many parts are shared

CX8 is actually CX5 XL, with some updated styling bits. Dash is shared with the CX5. 

CX8 was actually a JDM model but Mazda decided to make it an official export model these days. CX9 is not sold in JDM becos its just too big. How many parking lots over there can fit the CX9? Even suburb residential garages may not be big enough for it, and then the crazy JDM road tax where the width of the car determine how much tax you will pay. 

Anyway, CX30 promised so much but I've yet to see one on the road despite having launched so many months ago. It offers even more equipment and safety kit than the local CX5 Premium

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Similar in shape yes, actually Mazda products looks very similar to each other, and many parts are shared

CX8 is actually CX5 XL, with some updated styling bits. Dash is shared with the CX5. 

CX8 was actually a JDM model but Mazda decided to make it an official export model these days. CX9 is not sold in JDM becos its just too big. How many parking lots over there can fit the CX9? Even suburb residential garages may not be big enough for it, and then the crazy JDM road tax where the width of the car determine how much tax you will pay. 

Anyway, CX30 promised so much but I've yet to see one on the road despite having launched so many months ago. It offers even more equipment and safety kit than the local CX5 Premium

In fact I don't see many Mazdas here. Especially the Mazda 3. Only Mazda 6 I see most of the time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1