2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

19 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Ask you guys, did you guys go for some kind of external coating to preserve the amazing Mazda paint? The other day at the service center I noticed that the boot cover already has some very fine micro scratches! 😮 How can like that in less than 6 months! I asked the fella there and he said thats because when I brought car for a wash at those car washes, they must have scrubbed without dusting off the car first... Can like that meh? I am quite a novice in such matters, so want to ask you guys! 

I really like my red color Mazda and I want it to remain shiny for as long as possible.. Is there some kind of coating that one can do, one time and can stay put for at least a few years? I have heard of some such things, but the price varies so much between different shops that I can never understand their differences and which one to chose in the end.. Any advice Bros?

No coating will absolutely protect the paint.

Avoid petrol station car wash

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

36 minutes ago, poorcarowner said:

Ask you guys, did you guys go for some kind of external coating to preserve the amazing Mazda paint? The other day at the service center I noticed that the boot cover already has some very fine micro scratches! 😮 How can like that in less than 6 months! I asked the fella there and he said thats because when I brought car for a wash at those car washes, they must have scrubbed without dusting off the car first... Can like that meh? I am quite a novice in such matters, so want to ask you guys! 

I really like my red color Mazda and I want it to remain shiny for as long as possible.. Is there some kind of coating that one can do, one time and can stay put for at least a few years? I have heard of some such things, but the price varies so much between different shops that I can never understand their differences and which one to chose in the end.. Any advice Bros?

there is ceramic/glass/nano (all kinds of name) coating which can retain the paint's gloss and make the surface hydrophobic. i do like the glossy look but certainly cannot prevent scratch

of course price varies but im not actually sure if there is any difference in different products

Another way is let it be.....scratches are unavoidable when u drive around, stone chip, dents from others opening their door and hitting your car, u opening the door (fine lines on the handle)

accumulate a few dent/scratch and then go polishing

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Fine micro scratches cannot be avoided if car is wash outside, even your car is wash by AD during car servicing also will have. Sometimes even your car is wash by yourself, if the cloth is not clean enough, your car also might ended up with some fine micro scratches here and there.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
On 8/23/2020 at 10:24 AM, Dt1212 said:
  Hide contents

Hi,

Have 1 set of carbon fiber trunk lid to let go. Suitable for 2019-2020 Mazda 3 sedan. 
Easy installation using double sided tape.

Selling at $180, bought at $210. 
Interested, please let me know. 
Thanks. 

DAFB7368-61DC-4B15-9D96-69252BCC865E.jpeg

4120F06D-4EEA-4EBF-8783-325731AEC21E.jpeg

Please post it here instead.https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=marketplace

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Fine micro scratches cannot be avoided if car is wash outside, even your car is wash by AD during car servicing also will have. Sometimes even your car is wash by yourself, if the cloth is not clean enough, your car also might ended up with some fine micro scratches here and there.

You can to see my car or not?

I only wash it at Rxxxx.  It is 7 yr old car that still look shiny

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You can to see my car or not?

I only wash it at Rxxxx.  It is 7 yr old car that still look shiny

You got do some coating on your car paint ah? So lesser chance to get mirco fine scratches.

• Haha! 1

Just now, 13177 said:

You got do some coating on your car paint ah? So lesser chance to get mirco fine scratches.

Not really.

Rather, no dirty cloth is used to dry the car

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

You ride doesn't come with the Brilla coating? Anyway coating doesn't warrant you free from scratches. Its for the hydrophobic feel, lesser chance of water marks. 

Try and wash your own ride. prevent swirl marks and micro scratches using the right wash mitt and drying cloth.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Shiny and scratches are different thing bro. A car can be full of scratches but still be waxed and shiny.

8 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

a true paint protection film will stop all that, but will you be willing to pay to cover the full exterior?

car wash places reuse their cloth throughout the day. so you don't know the amount of fine dirt/ particles that will be stuck between the fibres. it will also happen (but less likely) over time even if you wash your car by yourself. if you have a pressure washer, use a first layer of shampoo and rinse off without scrubbing to rinse off any exisiting dust/dirt/ particles. then repeat and wash with mitt after. also 2 bucket method with washing mitt..

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, poorcarowner said:

u shld do PPS for ur car, spent a few hundred dollars, after that washing will be much easier oso

moreover ur car is red, which why i avoid, shiny but need lots of maintenance

they will teach u the correct way to clean ur car as well after PPS

fyi, i only wash my own car

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Not really.

Rather, no dirty cloth is used to dry the car

Even when you wash that time, also must be careful, usually it is during washing you scratch the car body de.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, louisbosco said:

a true paint protection film will stop all that, but will you be willing to pay to cover the full exterior?

car wash places reuse their cloth throughout the day. so you don't know the amount of fine dirt/ particles that will be stuck between the fibres. it will also happen (but less likely) over time even if you wash your car by yourself. if you have a pressure washer, use a first layer of shampoo and rinse off without scrubbing to rinse off any exisiting dust/dirt/ particles. then repeat and wash with mitt after. also 2 bucket method with washing mitt..

The cloth that they use at outside car wash super dirty de, cause same cloth use to wipe on every car, and some cars are very dirty, and the same cloth without any much rinsing and clearing off the dirt stuck on the cloth, and then use it to wipe on your car. I saw before those car washer guys even use the same cloth to wipe entire car including the rims! [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Shiny and scratches are different thing bro. A car can be full of scratches but still be waxed and shiny.

Car looks so ugly liao with all the scratches on it even the car is waxed and shiny lo. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Aiyah, simi Diamond grade PPS oso no use de lah, u parked swee swee, next thing you know, I lorry or Car comes along park next to your car - fella drive or passenger open door wide wide. Bang . Ho sei -1 mark on door or front fender. 99.9 % of cars sure have small dings. Less those Lambo & Porsches 🙂

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 4

On 8/25/2020 at 9:10 AM, 13177 said:

The cloth that they use at outside car wash super dirty de, cause same cloth use to wipe on every car, and some cars are very dirty, and the same cloth without any much rinsing and clearing off the dirt stuck on the cloth, and then use it to wipe on your car. I saw before those car washer guys even use the same cloth to wipe entire car including the rims! [sweatdrop]

i wouldn't even use their cloth wipe my feet let alone my car..

• Haha! 3

On 8/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, inlinesix said:

On 8/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, SZ_ford said:

there is ceramic/glass/nano (all kinds of name) coating which can retain the paint's gloss and make the surface hydrophobic. i do like the glossy look but certainly cannot prevent scratch

of course price varies but im not actually sure if there is any difference in different products

Another way is let it be.....scratches are unavoidable when u drive around, stone chip, dents from others opening their door and hitting your car, u opening the door (fine lines on the handle)

accumulate a few dent/scratch and then go polishing

On 8/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, 13177 said:

On 8/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, Discoburg said:

You ride doesn't come with the Brilla coating? Anyway coating doesn't warrant you free from scratches. Its for the hydrophobic feel, lesser chance of water marks. 

Try and wash your own ride. prevent swirl marks and micro scratches using the right wash mitt and drying cloth.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, louisbosco said:

On 8/25/2020 at 8:47 AM, Pryder said:

u shld do PPS for ur car, spent a few hundred dollars, after that washing will be much easier oso

moreover ur car is red, which why i avoid, shiny but need lots of maintenance

they will teach u the correct way to clean ur car as well after PPS

fyi, i only wash my own car

On 8/25/2020 at 9:10 AM, 13177 said:

Whoah thank you so much to all of you for your suggestions, comments and advice! :a-dothewave: ( haha I just learnt how to do this! 😛 )

So if I summarize, basically if we get the car washed outside, then sure car kenna got scratches because of their super dirty rags... Secondly all those coating options can provide some protection, but still no guarantees la.. 

Now my problem is that I cannot wash my car, for some reasons that I do not want to get into.. 🙂 so probably learn to live with some scratches.. 

The next option is to get some kind of coating on the car to at least minimize the scratches to some extent.  so far I have not done any coating on my car.. I see so many advertisements for car coating... @discoburg mentioned about brila, wonder how much does it cost for our car?? any estimations Bro? 

Also, any other recommended option that you guy have tried and is hopefully not too crazy expensive like thousand over bucks! :D 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2