2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, RachelKim said:

Hi guys, my mz3 is one of those collected earlier this year 2021, hitting my 1000km servicing/inspection soon. Hope to ask if anyone did their 1000km inspection/servicing? Curious to know how long it takes, as the appointment time didn't mention anything, thanks! 

Just did mine last week at Ubi for 1000km. Appt at 1.30pm.. Quite a smooth process. Just pass them the key and they will tell u it will take estimated 3hrs. Received a call 1.5hrs later saying can collect. Mine they did the washing and cleaning both outside and inside. No complains as my car was quite dirty when I send it. 

2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Ezzzz said:

Just did mine last week at Ubi for 1000km. Appt at 1.30pm.. Quite a smooth process. Just pass them the key and they will tell u it will take estimated 3hrs. Received a call 1.5hrs later saying can collect. Mine they did the washing and cleaning both outside and inside. No complains as my car was quite dirty when I send it. 

Its good that you are satisfied with the service you received. Guess its really different standard for different folks.😅

21 hours ago, Vinxuen said:

My car tells me i got another 400km to go b4 need to refuel...after i complete my 40km journey..it tells me i got another 420km to go b4 refuel.... No it is not the odometer I'm seeing. It is the number beside the fuel gauge...anyone idea why? Or anyone has same exp?

Yup, same also, i think the meter needs a few drives to callibrate? Or it is dependant on recent trip settings?

20 hours ago, too456 said:

1-1.5h. Shorter if you ask them to not wash. Longer if you hand them a list of problems you noticed in your first 1000km. Try to select an earlier appointment time. I went at 10.30am and had to wait a bit to hand my key over to them cos there were lots of people there already before me. I did mine at Ubi btw.

Free one just take, lol. Unless yours not included for some reason

It's just an estimate. Maybe it said 400km cos you floor the pedal before or mostly stop-go traffic. Then for your 40km journey maybe you light touch or do 90% highway driving and the fuel efficiency went up. If you want to know when to refuel, just see the analog fuel dial. That one won't bluff 😂

16 hours ago, Ezzzz said:

Thanks guys, will try the Penjuru one since it is nearer to my place. Hopefully they can do faster there. might need to bring work to do since its 1.5 hours wait 😅

On 2/1/2021 at 8:21 PM, Vinxuen said:

My car tells me i got another 400km to go b4 need to refuel...after i complete my 40km journey..it tells me i got another 420km to go b4 refuel.... No it is not the odometer I'm seeing. It is the number beside the fuel gauge...anyone idea why? Or anyone has same exp?

the distance-to-go (how much more before need refuelling) is a live function, it is calculated as you drive, and will keep changing according to live conditions.

as a very rough illustration ..

your tank has 40 litres and you are averaging 10l/100km, so the distance-to-go will read 400km.

you then go onto the expressway and you are cruising along - you may be achieving 7l/100km.

after 40km on the expressway you have consumed 2.8 litres of fuel (40km at 7l/100km)

you now have 37.2 litres left in your tank.

your average consumption (averaging the 10l/100km earlier and the 7l/100km on the last 40km) is, lets say 8l/100km now.

with 37.2 litres the distance-to-go will read 465km (37.2 litres at 8l/100km will give you this distance).

thus, it seems it can go further even though there is less fuel now.

my guess is that your 40km journey was a rather gentle light traffic drive (as opposed to being caught in a traffic snarl).

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Darlyna said:

@eleison I am expecting the car with the same timing like yours. Let me know if u have any updates. Thanks

Yea sure thing! Hopefully it wld be mid rather than late march heh. Which ride did you get!

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

the distance-to-go (how much more before need refuelling) is a live function, it is calculated as you drive, and will keep changing according to live conditions.

as a very rough illustration ..

your tank has 40 litres and you are averaging 10l/100km, so the distance-to-go will read 400km.

you then go onto the expressway and you are cruising along - you may be achieving 7l/100km.

after 40km on the expressway you have consumed 2.8 litres of fuel (40km at 7l/100km)

you now have 37.2 litres left in your tank.

your average consumption (averaging the 10l/100km earlier and the 7l/100km on the last 40km) is, lets say 8l/100km now.

with 37.2 litres the distance-to-go will read 465km (37.2 litres at 8l/100km will give you this distance).

thus, it seems it can go further even though there is less fuel now.

my guess is that your 40km journey was a rather gentle light traffic drive (as opposed to being caught in a traffic snarl).

I see. Thanks for the clear explanation. Now I know the reason why and how come my oil gauge didn't move at all during that 40km drive. There was some traffic though..got caught in the rush hour jam. but i guess not stepping on the brake and stopping the car too many times help 

3 minutes ago, Vinxuen said:

I see. Thanks for the clear explanation. Now I know the reason why and how come my oil gauge didn't move at all during that 40km drive. There was some traffic though..got caught in the rush hour jam. but i guess not stepping on the brake and stopping the car too many times help 

yes, fuel consumption is a function of fuel used versus distance travelled.

hence when you are caught in a stop-start traffic snarl, the distance travelled is zero to very small but fuel is still being consumed, hence the consumption goes up exponentially .. by the same token, idling is terrible for fuel consumption as distance travelled is zero.

also by simple physics more fuel needs be used to get the car moving from a standstill than keeping it in motion when has already attained cruising speeds .. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

May I know what numbered chassis do you guys have on your hatchback? I've looked up Japanese chassis numbers and they go by BP5P, BP8P, BPEP and BPFP while mine says BP2H. I wonder if they are all the same and share the same parts across all different chassis numbers while the last two digit/alphabet just indicate the production date/year.

8 hours ago, skingg said:

May I know what numbered chassis do you guys have on your hatchback? I've looked up Japanese chassis numbers and they go by BP5P, BP8P, BPEP and BPFP while mine says BP2H. I wonder if they are all the same and share the same parts across all different chassis numbers while the last two digit/alphabet just indicate the production date/year.

Same here.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Need to spray paint your ride ah?

No ah, asking about the effect of coating with this colour.

↡ Advertisement