2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 8/6/2021 at 6:31 AM, Discoburg said:

Don't let these minor things get to you. Enjoy the ride.

Just trying to find out why the battery is never more than 50% charge. Who knows it might be the battery have issue? I believe in understanding as much as possible the functions of my car not just step pedal and brake.

• Praise 1

On 8/10/2021 at 1:59 AM, Sdf5725 said:

For those that said 1.5 mild hybrid FC bad. Sembawang to Bukit Merah one Saturday morning. Though this is only one off, but this FC is achievable. Computational result. 

20210506_093436.jpg

Nice FC! Are you driving the classic version? The Mz3 is indeed very efficient on the highways due to its heavier weight at 1.4tonnes which helps it to keep rolling forward. Its always the start/stop that using the most fuel as again, it is a heavier car for its engine capacity. I realised not charging your phone on the car helps too, the engine doesn't have to work more to power the battery for charging. Quite hard though as if need to use carplay it needs to be plugged in.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

Just trying to find out why the battery is never more than 50% charge. Who knows it might be the battery have issue? I believe in understanding as much as possible the functions of my car not just step pedal and brake.

Just go to any shop that sells batteries to let them check and you will know the answer. If not go to TEK and complain lor.

@RachelKim mine is elegance. Actually with a lot of traffic light stopping and starting, the FC will be very bad. I believe the HP is charged mainly by the battery hence mild hybrid. The one that draw a lot of power should be the air con of the car.

16 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

Do you understand how the mild hybrid and the electronic brake works?

@RachelKim I think lithium battery no good for fully charged. It should maintain from 20% to 80% so the life of the battery. Anyway, the battery is used to help to maintain the electrical stuff in the car so I doubt it will charged fully. The only time I got up to 4 bars is when driving in light traffic condition (highway) and with air con off (late night). Otherwise, mostly in 2 to 3 bars region

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, Sdf5725 said:

@RachelKim I think lithium battery no good for fully charged. It should maintain from 20% to 80% so the life of the battery. Anyway, the battery is used to help to maintain the electrical stuff in the car so I doubt it will charged fully. The only time I got up to 4 bars is when driving in light traffic condition (highway) and with air con off (late night). Otherwise, mostly in 2 to 3 bars region

Thanks, same for what I heard too to keep charge between 20% to 80%. Recently I don't plug in phone while driving for familiar routes and realise it did go up to 4 bars too.

Not much info about the specifics of the M-hybrid can be found online. Below are some observations from tests I made while driving recently about the M-hybrid batt.:
- It drains a lot faster when devices e.g. phone are charing in USB.
- It charges the fastest when gradual braking from high speeds (E.g. 80km/h to 30km/h)
- Regen braking only takes place above roughly 20km/h speeds, any speed below it would just be brake calliper braking.
- Regen braking only takes place when foot is fully off the accelerator. Will not activate for any slightest foot pressure. So if want to coast to make the best use of FC, good to have slight pressure on accelerator.

Above are just my own observations. Some might think its over do but it is fun for me to nerd out the details of my car. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, RachelKim said:

Thanks, same for what I heard too to keep charge between 20% to 80%. Recently I don't plug in phone while driving for familiar routes and realise it did go up to 4 bars too.

Not much info about the specifics of the M-hybrid can be found online. Below are some observations from tests I made while driving recently about the M-hybrid batt.:
- It charges the fastest when gradual braking from high speeds (E.g. 80km/h to 30km/h)
- Regen braking only takes place above roughly 20km/h speeds, any speed below it would just be brake calliper braking.
- Regen braking only takes place when foot is fully off the accelerator. Will not activate for any slightest foot pressure. So if want to coast to make the best use of FC, good to have slight pressure on accelerator.

Above are just my own observations. Some might think its over do but it is fun for me to nerd out the details of my car. 

15 hours ago, RachelKim said:

Thanks. Your observation is much professional compared to mine. 

Anyway it is fun to try to squeeze the best mileage of M-hybrid.  I found that I am evolving from speed demon to cultured uncle every time I try to get a better FC based on different experiments. 

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Again it appears. Haven't exit the MSCP to go in the rain already appear.

IMG_7011.jpeg

IMG_7012.jpeg

Happened few times. Restart car will back to normal. Sometimes come and go mostly during raining day (may be sensor blocked) 

5 minutes ago, Sdf5725 said:

Happened few times. Restart car will back to normal. Sometimes come and go mostly during raining day (may be sensor blocked) 

Yeah happened a few times already. That’s why now I’m calm and just drive in if it happens while I’m driving. If not just restart till it goes away.

Had a "Aigbag System Malfunction" message displaying on my instrument cluster so I went to the service centre to get it checked. Realised it was bcus of sudden/emergency brake that triggered the message. This is my first car with ADAS so it was surprising to hear when the person said that to me lol since I have never encountered this problem with my previous car.

Edited by Mr_LTH
  • Shocked 1

35 minutes ago, Mike2020 said:

Dealer put reserve price 49500 for me.  Good chance of getting it.

Good chance. Looks like TEK Mazda is going in aggressively this round. 

Edited by Civicblade
↡ Advertisement