2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

I am considering the Mazda 3. Any owners can kindly comment on the ride comfort from real world experience ? This is important for my family.  Thanks. 

Edited by Ingenius

On 10/1/2021 at 9:25 PM, Mike2020 said:

Anyone does servicing at tanjung penjuru on Saturday before?  How was the experience? Have to wait very long?

@Mike2020 I have been doing servicing on Sat at Tj  Penjuru for 5k, 10k. I normally reach at 9am and always need to wait till around 12pm then only can collect car, around 3hours wait in average. I saw someone mentioned went on weekday only take 1.5hrs.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Ingenius said:

I am considering the Mazda 3. Any owners can kindly comment on the ride comfort from real world experience ? This is important for my family.  Thanks. 

Better bring family for test drive 

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Ingenius said:

My 3rd car (2nd new car) and i would say the mz3 is a very comfy ride. 

• Praise 2

On 10/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Contipro said:

May be he/she should try give some photos the position of vent for better understanding. And the mode, air fan and temp setting use. 

sometimes it is difficult to help with limited info and expecting immediate answer.. 

cheers

Thanks bro...Shall try to upload pic next time.

Anyway mazda called to inform me they gonna order the actuator and install for me...without even offering to do a detailed check first... Damm..i should have told them the whole car feels weird...and they may offer to change the whole car for me.....

• Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Vinxuen said:

Thanks bro...Shall try to upload pic next time.

Anyway mazda called to inform me they gonna order the actuator and install for me...without even offering to do a detailed check first... Damm..i should have told them the whole car feels weird...and they may offer to change the whole car for me.....

great to hear that.. hope it solved  the issue then ... 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, Ingenius said:

Hi Bro, I own the Mazda 3 HB for about 2 months+, the ride is comfortable even with the 18" rims; love the fit and finish of the interior which sealed the deal for me comparing to other cars of this class. The only complain is the engine is slightly noisy when pushed. Test drive would be the best to experience the car, but probably due to the COVID-19 situation now only allow the driver and the SE.

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Vulkan said:

Hi Bro, I own the Mazda 3 HB for about 2 months+, the ride is comfortable even with the 18" rims; love the fit and finish of the interior which sealed the deal for me comparing to other cars of this class. The only complain is the engine is slightly noisy when pushed. Test drive would be the best to experience the car, but probably due to the COVID-19 situation now only allow the driver and the SE.

Thanks to above two owners' feedbacks from ownership experience. This is certainly the car I have shortlisted and will go for a test drive of the Elegance soon.  It is also the soft touch material and design, 6AT NA free revving engine, that sets it apart for me.  I think all B&B cars dont have powerful engine, these are to be expected realistically.

I had previously owned a 2012 Mazda 3 and after that i thought I would never get another one, as the FC and space was not ideal, the gear cable and power window also failed within 2 years.  So never say never, haha.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Haha! 1

On 9/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, KennethWong2021 said:

Rear leg room might be your only concern I believe especially if u have a big family.  Which model u r considering?  Is elegance still out of stock now?

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Mike2020 said:

Rear leg room might be your only concern I believe especially if u have a big family.  Which model u r considering?  Is elegance still out of stock now?

Yeah man lack of leg room is a killer. When I sit behind to accompany my toddler during her naps when she falls asleep during car rides. So we park and off the air con and wait for her to wake up. Wah the leg very cramp. Long rides also feel like want to stretch out more...

(iirc vios leg room is more generous than mz3). I told the wife wah maybe need to get a corolla or coe camry liao :) so do ask the regular passengers to sit inside and test out...

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Praise 1

Just sharing some thoughts on the car - for me I bought the new Mazda 3 only purely coz of the exterior and interior looks haha …. It is the best looking car in this price range. If you are looking for comfort, leg room, fuel economy, this is not the best in this price range to be honest. 

The back seats are definitely cramp (I am 1.77m and my seats are pushed quite far back though).

I also feel that the suspension is quite hard, esp when driving on uneven roads, it feels rather bumpy as compared to my previous Lancer which has a softer suspension and feels bouncy and less rocky.

I also find the road noise quite loud, esp running on the stretch of expressway where the roads are old and rough. Wind and engine noise are ok though.

Having said that, I still love the car to bits and have no regrets at all! It simply looks gorgeous and every time I sit in it, I admire the interior and every time I alight, I will look back at the car to admire hahahah

So I guess just go with your feel and buy a car that you love, rather than a car that checks all the tick boxes :)

• Praise 3

On 9/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, KennethWong2021 said:

@Discoburg no not yet. They told me will be around one to two months after my policy starts. So should be sometime this month. 

They say ard 60 days iirc from start of policy...still waiting for it.

I jumped ship from FWD (they wanted to charge 900+ from 740 last year) and got charged around $630 for 50% NCD for BD.

I thought mine is cheap but surprisingly all of yours is much cheaper 😭 (ps. Mine isn't a Mz 3 -see profile pic, but since y'all are talking about BD might as well I share a bit of experience with them)

Did y'all have only 1 driver or y'all put a few named drivers?

2 hours ago, KennethWong2021 said:

Just sharing some thoughts on the car - for me I bought the new Mazda 3 only purely coz of the exterior and interior looks haha …. It is the best looking car in this price range. If you are looking for comfort, leg room, fuel economy, this is not the best in this price range to be honest. 

The back seats are definitely cramp (I am 1.77m and my seats are pushed quite far back though).

I also feel that the suspension is quite hard, esp when driving on uneven roads, it feels rather bumpy as compared to my previous Lancer which has a softer suspension and feels bouncy and less rocky.

I also find the road noise quite loud, esp running on the stretch of expressway where the roads are old and rough. Wind and engine noise are ok though.

Having said that, I still love the car to bits and have no regrets at all! It simply looks gorgeous and every time I sit in it, I admire the interior and every time I alight, I will look back at the car to admire hahahah

So I guess just go with your feel and buy a car that you love, rather than a car that checks all the tick boxes 🙂

Did u check the tyre pressures? At delivery TEK inflates to the maximum, u can consider lowering it as I have done for my CX30 (I’m running at 250kpa). Some of the other CX30 owners also did the same. 

Also as u drive longer and the springs and shocks settle in the ride should be slightly more comfy. I’m at 8k mileage now and the ride feels more comfy than when first delivered.

but on the whole, Mazda is definitely more stiff cos they prioritise sporty driving and handling. That’s why their cars even though look big From outside always cramped inside cos of the long bonnet. 

• Praise 1

@shawn207 I have had the car for 2 years already at around 17k mileage. Usually I pump it to around 250 to 260. 

Yeah I did read that Mazda cars have a more sporty drive which means a stiffer suspension. The car does feel quite solid though, like the doors, the bonnet, etc all feels heavy, thick and solid. Like for e.g. last time when I was washing my lancer, and I happen to rest my palm on the bonnet, it will sink in and pop up (if u know what I mean hahaha) …. Like very thin metal ….

But overall, not complaining la ….. still love my car v much!

↡ Advertisement