2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

4 hours ago, Contipro said:

so Mazda talk so much of perfecting NA engine as claim is the direction to go.

At the end still resorted back to turbocharging for need of pure power.

You can't trump physics... ha ha...

6 hours ago, Contipro said:

so Mazda talk so much of perfecting NA engine as claim is the direction to go.

At the end still resorted back to turbocharging for need of pure power.

Even Honda have turned to TC. Thought that they will always stock to Naturally aspirated.

35 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

TEK don't even want to bring in skyactiv x, the chances of the turbo unit coming will be even less 

If 2.5T, it is highly remote. Unless it is 1.5T may more likely meet mass market option

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bought the following items from Taobao but not used. Would like to sell these at costs as follows:

image.png.99cf4ffe775dd0d4f808169e29d35c34.png

Suitable for 20192020 Mazda 3 door handle bowl protection: S$12 . Can be self-installed.

image.png.c30843c183d2649b7ff5df832552bf21.png

Suitable for 2019/ 2020 Mazda 3 door handle protection:S$9 . Can be self-installed.

image.png.cfb3b0e813515086eff715c8022449a1.png

Suitable for 2019/ 2020 Mazda 3 rear-view mirror cover protective case: S$24. Can be self-installed.

image.png.8a3375b0a19ffcb7b90a1ae147cb4847.png

image.png.176e126d2031f9f79f55c0349d9ddba2.png

Suitable for 2019/ 2020 Mazda 3 front bumper lip:S$54.

A workshop at Alexander Village can install for S$30 for labour.

image.png.955294417a1ef0a336654d82d466a825.png

image.png.e3d1600637c8ba86c63756feeffeadb7.png

Suitable for 2019/ 2020 Mazda 3 rear bumper lip:S$104  .

A workshop at Alexander Village can install for S$30 for labour.

Please PM if interested.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hello, i am currently looking at Mazda 3 and Honda Civic as they have similar price point. Would anyone recommend what I should go for as my understanding is that the first owner will take a bigger hit in terms of re-sale for M3 as compared to Civic in SG. In addition, the M3 is not as roomy as the Civic which I am not sure if it will pose any concern to me in the future.

Lastly, I have been seeing a number of people posting issues with their M3 and there were not many new M3 on the road, is the new M3 reliable and not just good in terms of "design"? 

Edited by curiousbu
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, curiousbu said:

hello, i am currently looking at Mazda 3 and Honda Civic as they have similar price point. Would anyone recommend what I should go for as my understanding is that the first owner will take a bigger hit in terms of re-sale for M3 as compared to Civic in SG. In addition, the M3 is not as roomy as the Civic which I am not sure if it will pose any concern to me in the future.

Lastly, I have been seeing a number of people posting issues with their M3 and there were not many new M3 on the road, is the new M3 reliable and not just good in terms of "design"? 

dont bother about resale value if you are buying a car in SG. 

be prepared to take a hit of 10k/yr depre regardless if you are buying a brand new car and intend to sell within the first 2 to 3 years. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, curiousbu said:

I saw quite some Mazda 3 around Sengkang area, but of course not as often as Altis. 

Didn't go to Honda's showroom aft CB, but I think can negotiate a much better price for Mazda 3 compared to the listed price .

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, curiousbu said:

Buy what you like and can afford. In the end its your thoughts that matter. We Mazda 3 owners can sing till the cows come home and the Cific owners in their thread can also do so.

Go see and test drive both models. Look at the interior, specs and you weight the odds. If you want good resale, roomy, reliable, get the basic altos. Won't go wrong, it's a Toyota.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
11 hours ago, ferrytales said:

dont bother about resale value if you are buying a car in SG. 

be prepared to take a hit of 10k/yr depre regardless if you are buying a brand new car and intend to sell within the first 2 to 3 years. 

I am looking towards 5 years or more. I am more concern of whether it would be still "salable" without taking a larger cut as civic generally have a higher pool of buyers.

6 hours ago, LGmonitor said:

I saw quite some Mazda 3 around Sengkang area, but of course not as often as Altis. 

Didn't go to Honda's showroom aft CB, but I think can negotiate a much better price for Mazda 3 compared to the listed price .

May I ask how much you are able to negotiate? Given the phase 2 period, discount seems common, which brings down the M3 to close to the price of a Civic.

3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Buy what you like and can afford. In the end its your thoughts that matter. We Mazda 3 owners can sing till the cows come home and the Cific owners in their thread can also do so.

Go see and test drive both models. Look at the interior, specs and you weight the odds. If you want good resale, roomy, reliable, get the basic altos. Won't go wrong, it's a Toyota.

I am leaning towards M3 due to the design and interior, but less roomy. Civic is very  roomy, better driving experience but very very plastic. I am avoiding toyota as I dont really like the looks of their sedan cars (my own personal preference).

I think I just want to understand (1) the reliability, (2) if the car is "salable" in the future, (3) maintenance/repair concerns (given that there are more electronics and lesser new M3 on the road which may bring up significant tangible and intangible costs of owning a M3). These were some of the advice from a friend of mine as he owns a civic, and was singing how good the car is till the cows come home, and not buy a M3 due to lousy after-sales service, heavy and higher fuel consumption, bad resale value and bad 2nd hand market. Hence, I would like an alternative opinion from owners of M3 and do not want to regret my decision since buying a car is not like buying vegetable from supermarket. Appreciate it!

(edited)
2 hours ago, curiousbu said:

I am looking towards 5 years or more. I am more concern of whether it would be still "salable" without taking a larger cut as civic generally have a higher pool of buyers.

May I ask how much you are able to negotiate? Given the phase 2 period, discount seems common, which brings down the M3 to close to the price of a Civic.

I am leaning towards M3 due to the design and interior, but less roomy. Civic is very  roomy, better driving experience but very very plastic. I am avoiding toyota as I dont really like the looks of their sedan cars (my own personal preference).

I think I just want to understand (1) the reliability, (2) if the car is "salable" in the future, (3) maintenance/repair concerns (given that there are more electronics and lesser new M3 on the road which may bring up significant tangible and intangible costs of owning a M3). These were some of the advice from a friend of mine as he owns a civic, and was singing how good the car is till the cows come home, and not buy a M3 due to lousy after-sales service, heavy and higher fuel consumption, bad resale value and bad 2nd hand market. Hence, I would like an alternative opinion from owners of M3 and do not want to regret my decision since buying a car is not like buying vegetable from supermarket. Appreciate it!

the previous gen of mz3 wasn't that 'salable' considering large volumes were used for PHV. when there is an oversupply, it will be supply > demand.

basic economics when supply > demand, price drops as well as 'salability'. 

Edited by ferrytales

5 hours ago, curiousbu said:

The Mazda 3 is definitely is not heavy in consumption. Do go test drive one to feel it’s quietness, much a like a European branded ride. I’ll not advice you to buy any Mazda should you want it to be sell-able easily. That’s why I suggested an Altis for that factor. Go buy the civic.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, curiousbu said:

How tall r u?

If you are like me 1.82m & son 1.86m,then I think get the civic would be better.

Cos when we test drive,not much leg room at the back.lol.....

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Mazda 3 is not a bad car if for the driver. But if for passengers esp the rear seat, mazda 3 definitely not spacious if compare with others model. Unless you get a mazda 6, then the rear space is quite spacious. Although i am not comparing apple to apple la. Since cannot compare mazda 3 with a mazda 6. Lol.

If you're getting the Mazda 3 with the mild hybrid system, just beware that it adds a significant degree of complexity to the car, which may affect reliability as well as servicing costs since you have more parts to look at...