2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Hopefully some software update can resolve this. It seems like portion of the startup greeting screen has yet to flash over to the speedo window.

Edited by Heartbreakid

(edited)

The US model is also facing the same issue. His is the Oct 2019 batch, for them AWD is the 2.5L trim.

https://www.mazda3revolution.com/threads/instrument-cluster-display-glitch.237872/

img_1527-jpg.275024

Just got my car back from the dealer. They determined the instrument cluster to be faulty and have ordered a new replacement unit. They also performed the SBS recall update, replaced my gas cap (which was not flush with the c-piller, but they did not update my connect II to 10050. According to them, 10018, which is what I already have, is the latest firmware available to them. Now I need to decide whether to do this myself again (I performed the update to 10018 from 10015), as 10050 is available on hidrive. Don't want to push my luck. In any event, I can report that street signs still are not displaying in my HUD

I dunno how true are the claims. Whether the dealer took a close look or not, like dismantle and look at the connections are ok.

I say this cos based on my own experience(not the car type, any regular LED display panels) the ribbon cable that connects to the LED display could be the real culprit. A loose connection or a faulty wire could give you smth like this type of lines on the display. By replacing the ribbon cable could simply solve the issue. I could be wrong. It could possibly be the display that's faulty too...

Example of a ribbon cable.

16pin_ribbon_cable_50cm_1.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
On 7/17/2020 at 8:26 PM, Discoburg said:

Went to TEK @ Penjuru. The SA saw the white line issue and said its definitely faulty. However they still need a day of checking to see what is wrong. Didn't have time so I left.

So you need to leave your car there for one day for them to check only ah? Not to resolve the problem?

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

So you need to leave your car there for one day for them to check only ah? Not to resolve the problem?

Yup 😪

Not sure why they need a few hours to check when I already had shown the SA personally.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

The US model is also facing the same issue. His is the Oct 2019 batch, for them AWD is the 2.5L trim.

https://www.mazda3revolution.com/threads/instrument-cluster-display-glitch.237872/

img_1527-jpg.275024

I dunno how true are the claims. Whether the dealer took a close look or not, like dismantle and look at the connections are ok.

I say this cos based on my own experience(not the car type, any regular LED display panels) the ribbon cable that connects to the LED display could be the real culprit. A loose connection or a faulty wire could give you smth like this type of lines on the display. By replacing the ribbon cable could simply solve the issue. I could be wrong. It could possibly be the display that's faulty too...

Example of a ribbon cable.

16pin_ribbon_cable_50cm_1.jpg

I also do not think that the LED display panel is faulty. Sometimes the line will be there and somethings is fine. Intermittent problem.

Neutral Newbie
On 7/15/2020 at 8:45 PM, theyjj said:

no leh, at least its not in the sales agreement. woah seems like im missing in some of the standard freebies here. 

Wah I didn't get any umbrella or bag offer either. I got offered the same free gifts as you for an SRC Elegance sedan.

Hi,

Looking to get a CX-30 or Mazda.

Could i trouble you guys to PM a good SE at Leng kee, or any deals you guys got!

Looking to get a rough idea what the real pricing is like!

Do your Hella car camera auto shut down and auto-reboot back up once in a while during the drive? Wonder if I have a defective set. Thanks. 

• Sad 1

Sorry to digress -

Every few pages ... I'll come in with no topic on hand except... If anyone of you recently purchased the BP series (M-hybrid) Mazda 3, do reach out if you want to join the Whatsapp Group! We currently have up to 80 members, we share topics on the vehicle,tips, and also plenty of Gurus to guide if you're looking for accessories.

Ping me!

Kev

• Praise 1

Completed my Mz3 and CX30 test drive yesterday. Some impressions to share, based on my 10min drive of each model.

The Mz3 power is fine to me -- the acceleration isn't fast, but it's perfectly good enough for me on SG roads. But this is keeping in mind that I'm very used to driving 1.6l naturally aspirated engines (my previous car is a 2006 Opel Astra 1.6). The C-pillar blindspot is tolerable too, especially with the very good blindspot monitor. The Mz3 exterior is gorgeous and the interior quality is superb. However, the rear windows are small. The rear legroom is marginally acceptable for me (1.83m), but my head touches the roof when seated at the rear. Not a serious concern for me as I'll usually be driving, but those with tall children should take note. Overall, it was v pleasant. 

The CX30 is a bit larger in many aspects: rear legroom, boot, higher roof. The pick up is noticeably better since it's a 2l engine, and it's only 40kg heavier than the Mz3. But of course, it comes at the expense of fuel consumption. The Mz3 handles better too, but the CX30 is very decent.

Overall, I like the CX30 slightly more than the Mz3 hatch, due to its space and engine. It also looks fantastic, however the Mz3 hatch looks even nicer to me. However, my wife prefers the CX30 looks.

• Praise 3

21 minutes ago, Sansfledge said:

Completed my Mz3 and CX30 test drive yesterday. Some impressions to share, based on my 10min drive of each model.

The Mz3 power is fine to me -- the acceleration isn't fast, but it's perfectly good enough for me on SG roads. But this is keeping in mind that I'm very used to driving 1.6l naturally aspirated engines (my previous car is a 2006 Opel Astra 1.6). The C-pillar blindspot is tolerable too, especially with the very good blindspot monitor. The Mz3 exterior is gorgeous and the interior quality is superb. However, the rear windows are small. The rear legroom is marginally acceptable for me (1.83m), but my head touches the roof when seated at the rear. Not a serious concern for me as I'll usually be driving, but those with tall children should take note. Overall, it was v pleasant. 

The CX30 is a bit larger in many aspects: rear legroom, boot, higher roof. The pick up is noticeably better since it's a 2l engine, and it's only 40kg heavier than the Mz3. But of course, it comes at the expense of fuel consumption. The Mz3 handles better too, but the CX30 is very decent.

Overall, I like the CX30 slightly more than the Mz3 hatch, due to its space and engine. It also looks fantastic, however the Mz3 hatch looks even nicer to me. However, my wife prefers the CX30 looks.

2.0 choice would be nicer for long cruise..

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Sansfledge said:

Buy the CX30 man.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:10 AM, Brainstorm said:

Do your Hella car camera auto shut down and auto-reboot back up once in a while during the drive? Wonder if I have a defective set. Thanks. 

I think it's programmed to do so... mine will reboot at 4.00 pm every time... ha ha...

On 7/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, Discoburg said:

Buy the CX30 man.

Tough to choose. For roughly the price of the Mz3 hatch Elegance, I can only buy the CX30 Classic, which lacks a lot of stuff like blindspot monitor, rear aircon vents, etc. The 2L engine is more powerful, but also noisier and more thirsty. Difficult trade offs...

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Sansfledge said:

Tough to choose. For roughly the price of the Mz3 hatch Elegance, I can only buy the CX30 Classic, which lacks a lot of stuff like blindspot monitor, rear aircon vents, etc. The 2L engine is more powerful, but also noisier and more thirsty. Difficult trade offs...

Get the 3 HB elegance then. I Also got it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1