2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

14 minutes ago, vkvkvvk said:

Just curious, how come so little Mazda 3 2019 models on the road ? I rarely see one 

comparing mazda 3 vs honda civic and toyota altis (these 2 are many on the road), i believe the rear leg room mazda lost hands down

as a small family car ... i assume rear seat functionality is critical

based on track record ... mazda sales never (or seldom) above honda and toyota

Edited by Wt_know
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

comparing mazda 3 vs honda civic and toyota altis (these 2 are many on the road), i believe the rear leg room mazda lost hands down

as a small family car ... i assume rear seat functionality is critical

based on track record ... mazda sales never (or seldom) above honda and toyota

Ya u r right, the only drawback of this Mz3 is the cramp rear leg room. Also power abit lacking i feel but that was based on my short test drive quite some time back. Otherwise this Mz3 is a good buy. I wonder power wise how this Mz3 compares against Altis, Civic 1.6 n Avante?

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

I actually went to check out Nissan Sylphy , Honda Civic, Kia cerato and Toyota Altis. End up bought Mazda 3 sedan, will be collecting next week. 

Edited by vkvkvvk

1 hour ago, Vinxuen said:

hmm...guess you need to wait till jan 2021 to see more...cos we have quite a few more waiting to reg next week....finally getting the car next week..

Come Jan or Dec 2021, you will still be very lucky to spot at least 1 Mz 3 BP on the roads.

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ya u r right, the only drawback of this Mz3 is the cramp rear leg room. Also power abit lacking i feel but that was based on my short test drive quite some time back. Otherwise this Mz3 is a good buy. I wonder power wise how this Mz3 compares against Altis, Civic 1.6 n Avante?

In terms of engine capacity, M3 already lose all vehicles listed here. 1.5L versus the rest at 1.6? Different ves band.

Does Altis have the safety features like M3 and Avante?

Civic non turbo clearly lose out to m3

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, vkvkvvk said:

Just curious, how come so little Mazda 3 2019 models on the road ? I rarely see one 

Too expensive, rear passenger leg room too small, not as famous as the Toyota and Honda branding.

Just now, kChaste said:

Why leh? 

Haha just because have the few of you collecting in Jan means there will be a lot more on the roads? I own this ride for a year now and its just like a unicorn spotted when I see a Mz3 sedan or a hatchback (even rarer) on the road.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Haha just because have the few of you collecting in Jan means there will be a lot more on the roads? I own this ride for a year now and its just like a unicorn spotted when I see a Mz3 sedan or a hatchback (even rarer) on the road.

Agree. I've seen exactly one BP sedan on the road in the last month and a half. Lots of new Avantes.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, kChaste said:

In terms of engine capacity, M3 already lose all vehicles listed here. 1.5L versus the rest at 1.6? Different ves band.

Does Altis have the safety features like M3 and Avante?

Civic non turbo clearly lose out to m3

100cc i think wont make much diff. 1.5l n 1.6l cars are always bunched together for comparison. I’ve seen the specs of the 4 cars I’ve mentioned n the hp n torque are quite similar ie 118-129hp and 152-159nm torque, the Altis being the highest for both hp n torque.

What is interesting is that at almost 1400kg, the Mz3 is the heaviest of the 4 and by almost 200kg vs Avante and by 100+Kg vs Civic and Altis. i think this explains why I found it lacking abit of power. But the plus side is the heavier car makes for better handling in my opinion. I guess u can't have it both ways.

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie
30 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Too expensive, rear passenger leg room too small, not as famous as the Toyota and Honda branding.

I am actually quite short , and rest of my family even shorter. Probably why me and my wife don’t find it uncomfortable when seating behind at the show room 😅.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

If its the Mz3 BM then its plentiful on the road cause many are PHV. 😂

How to tell the difference?

I thought I saw a quite a few BP models on the road already from the front grille. Also, the license plate starts with SM.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, kChaste said:

How to tell the difference?

I thought I saw a quite a few BP models on the road already from the front grille. Also, the license plate starts with SM.

I usually look at the back of the car. License plate for BM is mounted on the boot lid. BP is mounted below.

mazda3-review_5-750px.jpg

23_Mazda3_SDN_EXT_9.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

I was on the same boat as well.. Wanted something that was decently sized due to newborn that i had to ferry around (car seat etc) 

Civic + altis above budget. 

Jazz we had concerns if can fit car seat and stroller well. 

Avante (old) too plastic so both me and my Mrs crossed it out. 

Went for cerato during cb. But bid failed 😭 pricing was too good to be true I guess 

Ended with classic m3 as price was OK. We also liked the interior and exterior looks. Initially I was concerned about rear space as well but go showroom test it out. We are both average size and found it adequate. Currently I have a car seat stuck at the back it fits well. Boot is also big enough for the entire stroller. 

Been driving for about 3 mths. Plus points I would say comparing to cars of similar price point. Infotainment is way above average in size and functionality (you will get used to the lack of touchscreen). Love the hud lol! I hardly look at instrument panel now, can't imagine driving without this. Interior comfort is top notch. Has auto hold smth that I really like. 

Only issue is power.. But with a baby in the car I tend to go slower and chill anyway 😅 happy to stick to the slower lanes. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2