2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

6 minutes ago, kChaste said:

Hmm, could they have modified their engine?

For those who had engine mods, they will wanna be as low key as possible, Those that @Contipro mentioned are rice boys.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Test drive the Mazda 3 and quick feedback for me.

Pros:

Quiet cabin and good sound insulation and soft touches interior.

Cons:

Overpriced, low HP and torque, cramped passenger interior space, 6 speed gearbox not smooth, can feel gear changes like semi auto and jerky gear shifting if want to go fast from pickup or during driving.

For me, Mazda 3 competitors are civic, altis, Avante, Cerato. Mazda 3 rank the last for driver driving experience. 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, PaulMeng said:

Pros:

Cons:

Overpriced, low HP and torque, cramped passenger interior space, 6 speed gearbox not smooth, can feel gear changes like semi auto and jerky gear shifting if want to go fast from pickup or during driving.

For me, Mazda 3 competitors are civic, altis, Avante, Cerato. Mazda 3 rank the last for driver driving experience. 

I agree with your feedback. Very similar to mine except for the gear feel.

Neutral Newbie

Just received a call from my agent to collect my mazda 3 on 9 Jan. Anything to look out for during the collection date? 

• Praise 1

I have test driven all the cars listed. I feel that the gear changes for the Mazda 3 is good and smooth. Although at times I can feel the slight (really really slight) jerkiness when the gearbox is deciding if it should down or up shift.

For the Avante, Civic and Altis, they're using CVT (Hyundai calls theirs IVT), which is really smooth. I do like the automatics more.

Ended up I bought a 2015 Mazda 6.

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Ezzzz said:

Just received a call from my agent to collect my mazda 3 on 9 Jan. Anything to look out for during the collection date? 

The standard lor. Scratches, dings and dents.

35 minutes ago, Banz86 said:

I have test driven all the cars listed. I feel that the gear changes for the Mazda 3 is good and smooth. Although at times I can feel the slight (really really slight) jerkiness when the gearbox is deciding if it should down or up shift.

For the Avante, Civic and Altis, they're using CVT (Hyundai calls theirs IVT), which is really smooth. I do like the automatics more.

Ended up I bought a 2015 Mazda 6.

AT definitely beats the CVT in terms of drive.

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

AT definitely beats the CVT in terms of drive.

actually personally i prefer AT also for the real gear changes not the simulated gear changes in a cvt. 

• Praise 2

I rented cars with CVT during for my road trip in Perth and Chiang Mai, the whining sound really irritates me especially when going uphill.

For the cars that I've owned, it has always been ATs. One day I will try cars with DCT.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, PaulMeng said:

Pros:

Cons:

So which one rank number one?

• Haha! 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:10 AM, Discoburg said:

Oh! 

I got Brila, Rikecool window film, car mat, magnetic window shades, cash back when I declined the extra 2 years of free servicing and warranty.

Is Brilla coating good and lasting?

• Praise 1