2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 11/30/2019 at 6:16 AM, Discoburg said:

Yeah lor. Really got to get used to the new mazda 3 braking. Damn buay jiak siah.

I think that's how Mazda design their brakes. My family's 1 year old mazda 3 also like this, brake need to step hard.

When I occasionally switch over to drive this car, I need to constantly remind myself to stomp harder on the brakes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rickster said:

I think that's how Mazda design their brakes. My family's 1 year old mazda 3 also like this, brake need to step hard.

When I occasionally switch over to drive this car, I need to constantly remind myself to stomp harder on the brakes.

My previous Mazda 2 brakes was great. No need to change to BBK.

20 hours ago, Rickster said:

The braking behaviour is quite different compared to say... A Toyota.

Had to drive a Corolla Altis recently, and nearly got into trouble because of the braking behaviour.

I felt that the braking response on Mazda is more linear, with gradual increase in pressure more helpful than sudden hard stomping. In contrast, in the Altis I drove (rental car), the biting point of the brake was so far down I nearly rear-ended someone because of inadequate braking pressure.

Of course, dunno if it's an issue with Altis in general (my previous car was a Prius and the brakes don't behave that way) or it's the rental car itself.

• Praise 1

Wondering, what's the Android Auto implementation like on the Mazda3? 

I ask because I'm heavily reliant on Android Auto these days, and I can't imagine operating it without a touchscreen. I know the Mazda3 doesn't have a touchscreen, so wondering if it's mafan or not. Also do the turn-by-turn directions work in the HUD? 

Not in the market for a new car now, but could see myself in future owning a CX9.  But Mazda seems to moving towards a rotary dial for operation, which I could envisage as annoying especially with AA.

As silly as it sounds, it could be a deal breaker for me (though who knows what the future holds). 

Edited by GTO-1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:16 AM, DK3410 said:

The braking behaviour is quite different compared to say... A Toyota.

Had to drive a Corolla Altis recently, and nearly got into trouble because of the braking behaviour.

I felt that the braking response on Mazda is more linear, with gradual increase in pressure more helpful than sudden hard stomping. In contrast, in the Altis I drove (rental car), the biting point of the brake was so far down I nearly rear-ended someone because of inadequate braking pressure.

Of course, dunno if it's an issue with Altis in general (my previous car was a Prius and the brakes don't behave that way) or it's the rental car itself.

You need to brake hard on altis?

3 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Wondering, what's the Android Auto implementation like on the Mazda3? 

I ask because I'm heavily reliant on Android Auto these days, and I can't imagine operating it without a touchscreen. I know the Mazda3 doesn't have a touchscreen, so wondering if it's mafan or not. Also do the turn-by-turn directions work in the HUD? 

Not in the market for a new car now, but could see myself in future owning a CX9.  But Mazda seems to moving towards a rotary dial for operation, which I could envisage as annoying especially with AA.

As silly as it sounds, it could be a deal breaker for me (though who knows what the future holds). 

As of now no touchscreen for AA is standard for Mazda, if they carry over same type of infotainment implementation from the new Mz3 to other range den GG to touchscreen altogether.

My experience with the 2017 Mz3 with AA/CP upgrade is that I prefer CP more as there’s less need to rotate. I don’t usually use the touchscreen even when CP allows since I must be stopped to use it, already used to using the commander control which is quite intuitive by itself.

For AA, I only ever used it once, it’s good, but too many apps on screen which makes it a hassle to navigate with the knob. Also it forces Bluetooth connection which I think handles the phone function which I find annoying cause I don’t like to keep the car Bluetooth on all the time when not using AA. Otherwise, AA seems to be more capable than CP.

I personally think that it’s a system that one can get used to and shouldn’t be a deal breaker just because it doesn’t have touchscreen functionality.

I suggest trying it yourself during a test drive so you can clearly know if you can accept their implementation

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Conan86 said:

As of now no touchscreen for AA is standard for Mazda, if they carry over same type of infotainment implementation from the new Mz3 to other range den GG to touchscreen altogether.

My experience with the 2017 Mz3 with AA/CP upgrade is that I prefer CP more as there’s less need to rotate. I don’t usually use the touchscreen even when CP allows since I must be stopped to use it, already used to using the commander control which is quite intuitive by itself.

For AA, I only ever used it once, it’s good, but too many apps on screen which makes it a hassle to navigate with the knob. Also it forces Bluetooth connection which I think handles the phone function which I find annoying cause I don’t like to keep the car Bluetooth on all the time when not using AA. Otherwise, AA seems to be more capable than CP.

I personally think that it’s a system that one can get used to and shouldn’t be a deal breaker just because it doesn’t have touchscreen functionality.

I suggest trying it yourself during a test drive so you can clearly know if you can accept their implementation

Thanks. Probably don't have the time to test drive. 

Honestly it's not going to be a few more years until I look to buy a new car. Love my current car, but the "enthusiast" is always thinking: "what's next?". 

At least on the touch screen implementations on Honda's they don't outright "lock" the touchscreen while driving. But AA has a 6 touch limitation while driving.

What I would be amazing is if you could project turn-by-turn in the HUD. Apparently the AIO (ie hacked) version on Mazda can, but the official implementation is not possible with no plans to do so.

The Honda implementation projects turn-by-turn into instrument cluster, which is great - except it would be better if it had a HUD. 

Let's see on the CX9. Not sure when it's due for refresh. 

Really don't understand why Mazda uses piano black for the centre console. So easily being scratched. Managed to get a shop to wrap it in clear film for me. Best is the shop dismantle the centre console carefully and removed all the buttons and garnishes. Great job done.

• Praise 1

Any Mazda 3 BP owners here knows whether is it that we are only allowed 1 or 2 Mz connect map updates within the free one year of Mz connect subscription?

I always thought that we are allowed as many updates, if there is, within the free first year of subscription. 

19 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Yeah really looks very nice but too easily get scratches. 😪

Actually scratches cannot be avoided no matter interior which part of the car de. Have to be extra careful or closed eye if really got scratches la. 😂

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually scratches cannot be avoided no matter interior which part of the car de. Have to be extra careful or closed eye if really got scratches la. 😂

But piano black really very bad. Have 2 friends driving C200 and the one with piano black interior can see so man fine scratches on the console.

3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Any Mazda 3 BP owners here knows whether is it that we are only allowed 1 or 2 Mz connect map updates within the free one year of Mz connect subscription?

I always thought that we are allowed as many updates, if there is, within the free first year of subscription. 

why worry. apple carplay google maps/ waze is free for eternity.. and better. 

On 12/11/2019 at 12:13 PM, 13177 said:

You need to brake hard on altis?

Yes. I had to. But like I said, I was driving a rental vehicle, not my own.

My previous ride was a Toyota Prius (2nd gen) and its brake didn't behave that way.

↡ Advertisement