COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2018

Philipkee

I think someone said before.

If all wait for their turn to buy their COE, it can $1/- for all. But all will want to be the first and not wait with no certainty of when (he will get his COE).

So we have the current system now.

It is s smart move. I hope more people give up their cars like you and take MRT so COE will be $1 for every bidding exercise. People without cars save money and save time, car buyers pay less and less congestion. SMRT more revenues. Everyone happy!

That's what those million dollars ministers want you to think. They can have cheaper cars while the people squeeze into their sardine cans MRT. They can and are having their comfort while the people are in the misery daily, being squeezed dry by increasing fares, squeezed hard out of their souls by crowds out of their lives every day in those sardine cans. To pay for their million dollars salaries, people are squeezed by all sorts of taxes, living in the misery of the overcrowded city, without knowing how much they have lost in life. Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

The word used is ‘hope’.

It’ll never happen. If u guys watch liar game series, if all 10 vote for red apples they get 1Million each. That never happen without special intervention. Perhaps will never happen in reality haha.

For when someone know they will benefit others by giving up their own, they won’t do it.

Supercharged

there are drivers leaving the league and there are new drivers coming to join the league. 

some ppl make money during the good time, some ppl make more money during the bad time. 

the earth is round, everyone has diff expectation in life and would not think what you're thinking. 

enjoy your day everyday.

I doubt many invest in the local stock market now.

Most just hoot the property market.

So STI is not a good barometer for the COE now. But I also subscribe that there are no Drivers (no pun intended) to push COE higher next round.

The stock market looks quite bad now. I'm expecting lower COE in the next bidding including Cat B and E now.

Singapore stocks: STI sinks 1.38% as US market, Nasdaq correction trigger bloodbath in Asia

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/singapore-stocks-sti-sinks-138-as-us-market-nasdaq-correction-trigger

Isn't it funny that people buy big ticket items like car and property based on a single moment in time when the financial commitments, especially property, are long-term over 10-20 years easily. Today slump can't buy, tomorrow recover can buy?

No simple comparison, in 2000/2001 i bought Odyssey for nearly 140k when coe was 30k. Odyssey is still about $140k now with coe at 30k. I cant imagine i spent that kind of money then. Subsequrntly i tech refreshed it with a new Odyssey for about $100k in 2005 when coe olwas 15k. After which i vowed not spend more than 100k for a new car, and since then, you know , i have to drive old car.....haha

How much u sold the 2000 Honda Odyssey back then?

Means coe will go up liao.

Literally, what he meant was ppl will not buy new cars but resale cars, so they will benefit lor !

I have master the techniques of his phrase of double meaning. [drivingcar]

Isn't it funny that people buy big ticket items like car and property based on a single moment in time when the financial commitments, especially property, are long-term over 10-20 years easily. Today slump can't buy, tomorrow recover can buy?

Not really. If today slump, they don't buy. If tomorrow recover and they expect the recovery to be long term, they will buy. If there is recovery but recovery looks shaky some might still not buy.

my brother in law who renew coe ( 10 years) during 2015 now start visit car showroom already..i remember he said before that he want drive his car for another 10 years since condition very good blah blah blah then i told him i guarantee he wont drive till10 years..

↡ Advertisement