Fibre TV and termination point

Rollagt

Then.............

They already have the 1st 300 going....

MV5BZjQ0MWUyZGMtMThhZi00OGM0LTllNWUtMmM0

Waiting for Part 2 if they still don't wake up their idea....
post-24957-0-71784200-1541215258_thumb.jpg

:D 

Zero value.

If you cancel now, SH will not drop price for you.

I hope SH proves me wrong.

↡ Advertisement

Eh?

I recontracted my cable TV two weeks ago.

Hehe when they stop the cable TV in Jun 2019

Make them pay the penalty for breaking the contract.

Look at your contract for 16 months early termination.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hehe when they stop the cable TV in Jun 2019

Make them pay the penalty for breaking the contract.

Look at your contract for 16 months early termination.  [thumbsup]

Should there be a thread about the best alternative for fibre TV and another the best alternative for fibre internet.

For me I find that Star hub TV is now crap as they've stopped broadcasting a lot of the channels I used to enjoy watching.

So looking to move elsewhere but don't know where to.

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/starhub-to-stop-cable-services-from-july-next-year

Q: What is needed to set up fibre service?

A: Customers need a termination Point (TP) installed in their homes. Those without a TP can check if their addresses are ready for fibre services by entering their postal code at http://www.netlinktrust.com/

If the customers’ address is eligible, StarHub technicians will take care of the installation and activation of fibre services.

Charges will be waived for the installation of the first TP and the optical network terminal for eligible customers.

Edited by Jamesc

My neighbour existing fibre TP permanently blocked by their feature tv wall.

Wanna recontract with SH to get fibre. From existing cable modem. Die die have to pay $160 to lay new TP.. Zzz

Yippe for me too. Receive SMS to recontract with 1GB fibre broadband for 2 years and 10% off for Fibre TV subscription !

Need to pay the installation of TP for S$160.50 thou

• Praise 1

My neighbour existing fibre TP permanently blocked by their feature tv wall.

Wanna recontract with SH to get fibre. From existing cable modem. Die die have to pay $160 to lay new TP.. Zzz

My case even worse... 3 years ago sign up for "free" fibre installation through Starhub....

OpenNet come down to install, stand around and scratch heads, then say cannot do..... 3 weeks later get Quotation from Singtel (?) for digging up the road to connect some pipe, more than $2k.... wtf  [shakehead]   

If my place already have SH Fibre ONT for fibre internet......

can I ask for better freebies/discounts in leu of the "free installation" which I don't need?

Twincharged

If my place already have SH Fibre ONT for fibre internet......

can I ask for better freebies/discounts in leu of the "free installation" which I don't need?

Can try. I was given a free google wifi and all the installation charges waived. Digital voice also free for next 2 years and got 20% discount for the 1gbps fibre. And rental of the set top box for the fibre TV waived.

• Praise 1

oh... sounds good. Need to call in to get this deal?

Can try. I was given a free google wifi and all the installation charges waived. Digital voice also free for next 2 years and got 20% discount for the 1gbps fibre. And rental of the set top box for the fibre TV waived.

Twincharged

oh... sounds good. Need to call in to get this deal?

I received the letter stating the dual broadband plan I am on is no longer available. They offered me this when I called in to check what I can recontract to.

My homehub contract up in Jan 19... Maybe I call to check if can recon earlier. 

I received the letter stating the dual broadband plan I am on is no longer available. They offered me this when I called in to check what I can recontract to.

My homehub contract up in Jan 19... Maybe I call to check if can recon earlier.

Go check their website, i think the Google home mini offer still on.

In the UK most fibre is now served by FTTC.

As I understand it that means a street will have a centralised cabinet either at ground level of on a pole which is the extent of where the fibre will run to.

From that cabinet to individual houses they use cable, usually at high level strung from a pole to the house above the height of of lorries which pass underneath.

In Singapore we have FTTH, i.e. the fibre stops at the boundary to the home.

The HDB's Condos etc have the internal wiring set up for cable.

So is there any reason why we can't have an adapter box at the end of the fibre run outside of the boundary to the home  which can then be attached to the cable running through the HDB etc and would mean that there is no need for additional cabling inside the home.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

is the starhub offer getting better and better?

i have been receiving monthly letters asking me to upgrade to fibre tv from cable tv.

oct 2018 ltr is 6 mths free setupbox rental

nov 2018 ltr is 6 mths free 1gbps fibre internet

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1