Fibre TV and termination point

Rollagt

Hypersonic
(edited)

So how does it connect? Just 1 at the modem into the main coaxial point? -> it will bring signal to all coaxial tv point at every room? -> use a normal coaxial starhub box?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843152289.html

The set up is:

Network cable from modem is connected to the input of this device, the output is coaxial.

The output coaxial cable is connected to a 2-way splitter.

One coaxial cable is connected to the input of the living room device and the output connected to the set top box by network cable.

The other coaxial cable is connected to the main coaxial point. The input of the room device is connected by a coaxial cable from the wall and the output of the device is connected to the set top box by network cable. 

Both set top boxes are then connected to the TV by HDMI cable.  

Apparently this device need to draw power from wall socket, drawing power from the router or set top box not enough strength and will result in the hanging of set top box.   :wacko:

Edited by Fcw75

Twincharged

can check for those on Free to air channel..

Is the HD channel now shutdown and only Free to air with crabpy resolution as default ?

The set up is:

Network cable from modem is connected to the input of this device, the output is coaxial.

One coaxial cable is connected to the input of the living room device and the output connected to the set top box by network cable.

The other coaxial cable is connected to the main coaxial point. The input of the room device is connected by a coaxial cable from the wall and the output of the device is connected to the set top box by network cable.

Apparently this device need to draw power from wall socket, drawing power from the router or set top box not enough strength and will result in the hanging of set top box. :wacko:

Wa lao, i read till blur like Holland. Macam back to dark ages.... One step forward, 5 step backwards
  • Praise 2

Wa lao, i read till blur like Holland. Macam back to dark ages.... One step forward, 5 step backwards

tell me about it....the cs service at starhub said the modem i wanted to return had a different serial number then the one given to me 2 yrs back. He insisted that i had exchange the modem with another.....knn! Told him i cant remember having any starhub tech coming down my place to install and i had personally taken the box from their outlet and installed it on my own. He sniggered and say he didnt believe this......as it was their practice to have a tech coming down to do the installation.

I pissed off and said, lets say their tech was the one whp installed......who would have checked the serial number during the initial installation, isnt this based on trust. Tech come and install and i just signed off when everything is running. He told me to check on my new fibre modem for the serial number......went back and waliao.....different brand sia!

Last i called their customer service and she said they will be sendong their team down to collect the modem. Buay tahan sia.....go all the way to JP and refused to accept their own modem.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Hahaha...you are right bro.

Instead of simplifying things, they add an additional device. 

The digital TV box too.

Super lame...

Smart nation for you... [rolleyes]

Smart in sucking money out of us. 

Edited by Fcw75

041B6D1C-FAAD-43E3-B51B-559767B30A18.jpeg

They using this device now to convert.

Every set top box also have one.

Basically convert cat6 to co-axial and you can use back the existing wiring at home.

Known as MOCA. Those with no LAN wiring at current house can use this instead. The coaxial wiring inside the house can be use instead of becoming white elephant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_over_Coax_Alliance

• Praise 3

The set up is:

Apparently this device need to draw power from wall socket, drawing power from the router or set top box not enough strength and will result in the hanging of set top box.   :wacko:

so u have 2 tv boxes. need 3 such device and 1 splitter.

sibei mafun

[furious]

Hypersonic

so u have 2 tv boxes. need 3 such device and 1 splitter.

sibei mafun

[furious]

Yes.

Super lame, going backwards.

Folks, need some advise.

Will be terminating my Starhub Fibre.  What does the process entail?  Do we need to return the ONT device?  Also, any termination fees?  $32.10?

thanks in advance and a happy and prosperous year ahead to all

8 minutes ago, RadX said:

Folks, need some advise.

Will be terminating my Starhub Fibre.  What does the process entail?  Do we need to return the ONT device?  Also, any termination fees?  $32.10?

Bring everything back including those yellow red white cable. You don’t have, they ask for money 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

Folks, need some advise.

Best is call up Starhub and ask.

When I terminated my MIO tv, only need to return the set-top box, remote and all the cables. I get to keep the ONT device. No fibre internet subscription too. Now depending on TPG with 4G router to run the internet devices.:XD:TPG for the win.

↡ Advertisement