Honestbee Megastore - from boom to doom

ChaosMyth

Honestbee to open new high-tech Grocery & Dining Megastore

https://www.greatdeals.com.sg/2018/10/17/honestbee-habitat-grocery-cafe-megastore-alexandra-opening-launch

For those lazy to click on link and read, Ive done the hardwork for yall. Another place to hangout? Or just a matter of time when this will fail too............. How sustainable are these mega stores. Look at Decathlon, Don Don Donki. Are these also a matter of time in tiny SG? 

post-186600-0-86155500-1539756362.jpg

It won’t be just another online grocer or food delivery service for Honestbee as the company opens a new brick and mortar store that mixes supermarket with cafe concepts at Alexandra this week.

Called the Habitat, it will be Honestbee’s first venture on a physical space that offers the world’s first tech-integrated multi-sensory grocery and dining experience.

Habitat will come with a grocery section that carries fresh ingredients directly sourced from farmers and producers around the globe including Japanese spices, dry-aged meat, prosciutto on demand, limited edition balsamic vinegar and unique seasonal produce.

post-186600-0-32255500-1539756385.jpg

post-186600-0-84202500-1539756425.jpg

It will also house over a dozen cafe and dining concepts including Korean fried chicken from KF Chua, milkshakes and premium ice cream from Milk Made, bubble tea and kombucha from Mr Bubbles, craft beers from White Moustache and much more.

post-186600-0-19852000-1539756435.jpg

post-186600-0-70116900-1539756441.jpg

post-186600-0-98271400-1539756472.jpg

Food Meets Technology

post-186600-0-74255300-1539756487.jpg

Besides good food and fresh groceries, Habitat by Honestbee will also be tech-enabled that offers cashless transactions, fully automated checkouts with robots and conveyor belts that manage the packing and collection.

Habitat opens this Thursday, 18 October at 34 Boon Leat Terrace. Nearest MRT stations at Pasir Panjang and Labrador Park.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Saw this in the news yesterday. Very interesting. Important thing must be cheap, since they save on labor, should pass some savings to consumers.

Saw this in the news yesterday. Very interesting. Important thing must be cheap, since they save on labor, should pass some savings to consumers.

i doubt it will be cheap, more on the cafe and shopping experience.

i dun think will be cheap.

look at the place  , layout know liao.

• Praise 2

Given the track record of all the previous concepts before this, surely doomed to fail. 

If i wanted to buy groceries, i would go NTUC finest or what.

so many merchant already trying to close their shop to go online they still open new shop. lets see how long it can last.

Edited by Xers007

I've been there already.

It's basically an old warehouse converted into a snazzy and hipper looking warehouse that allows shoppers to buy groceries already available on Honestbee platform, without having to fork out cash or even use cards for that matter.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers  and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

The carpark lots are already taken up by the office staff, so don't expect any more than 20 lots on a working day, but you can park at ARC and take a short 5-8mins walk over.

All in all, you wouldn't go there if you have a purpose cos of location, at least based on what I've seen.

• Praise 9

I've been there already.

It's basically an old warehouse converted into a snazzy and hipper looking warehouse that allows shoppers to buy groceries already available on Honestbee platform, without having to fork out cash or even use cards for that matter.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers  and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

The carpark lots are already taken up by the office staff, so don't expect any more than 20 lots on a working day, but you can park at ARC and take a short 5-8mins walk over.

All in all, you wouldn't go there if you have a purpose cos of location, at least based on what I've seen.

in just one post youve sorta jst destroyed their new megastore a day before their opening.  [laugh]  [grin]

• Praise 4

Location seems not say very good? Think there is not many parking available. Open such a megastore concept with limited parking, how to sustain in longterm?

• Praise 1

Given the track record of all the previous concepts before this, surely doomed to fail.

If i wanted to buy groceries, i would go NTUC finest or what.

I give it 3 years.

I've been there already.

The perishables are stored at the back of the 'store' in freezers and/or chillers with various temperatures. That sorta ensures freshness.

Not enough parking?

Don't feel like going liao...

they are promoting a high technology supermarket will be like, all about adapting and experience. It may slowly implemented in more supermarkets.

sometimes i wondered why these investors plough money into something that seems will fail because of location, competition, small market

I am suspicious there may be some laundry mat in the making (money laundrying)

on a serious note: I believe Honest Bee may work as they are vertically connected

if you care to check who their investors, you will ......

• Praise 3

sometimes i wondered why these investors plough money into something that seems will fail because of location, competition, small market

I am suspicious there may be some laundry mat in the making (money laundrying)

on a serious note: I believe Honest Bee may work as they are vertically connected

if you care to check who their investors, you will ......

That’s why u r still being employed

Rather than self employed

Location seems not say very good? Think there is not many parking available. Open such a megastore concept with limited parking, how to sustain in longterm?

ARC parking.

surrounded by many offices. Good location for weekday human traffic.

weekend probably will be like ARC.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1