Right-side PIE exit moved to the left from May 28, 2023 at 5am

RadX

LoL...don't praise LTA too early. Look at the road design again. It's connecting back to the existing traffic junction. Means the potential to cause jam to tail back. And the BKE exit PIE towards tuas isn't that far away. The tail back can possibly jam the BKE as well. Especially during peak hours.

LTA is just moving the jam from one place to another. Much like what they do with ERP. Don't think they deserve the praise. Get ready for face palm instead. [laugh]

• Praise 3

Take damn long to correct a wrong design ð

Nod Nod..this exit has been there since 70s?

I think the removal of this exit is more to do with the up coming surrounding construction than to rectify a design fault.

LoL...don't praise LTA too early. Look at the road design again. It's connecting back to the existing traffic junction. Means the potential to cause jam to tail back. And the BKE exit PIE towards tuas isn't that far away. The tail back can possibly jam the BKE as well. Especially during peak hours.

LTA is just moving the jam from one place to another. Much like what they do with ERP. Don't think they deserve the praise. Get ready for face palm instead. [laugh]

They build an underpass to connect over through the clementine stretch. End up the junction beneath the flyover jam. Edited by Kopites

I use this road for as long as I can remember, its not only annoying but dangerous as well. However, the interesting thing is I think the accident rate there is actually lower than other parts of PIE, at least I have not seen any throughout my years of driving along there.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Personally I support the change, which is long overdue.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

I use this road for as long as I can remember, its not only annoying but dangerous as well. However, the interesting thing is I think the accident rate there is actually lower than other parts of PIE, at least I have not seen any throughout my years of driving along there. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Personally I support the change, which is long overdue. [thumbsup]

My thoughts are that there are few blindspots there and since it's exit on the right side it is not easy to speed so maybe that's why there are few accidents there....

it's been there for the longest time almost can qualify as a heritage feature....wonder if the heritage activist will go up in arms to block the construction?

:D

but yeah...stupid slipshod money saving design..........time to go....better late than pregnant :D

• Praise 2

it was there for the longest time lah before roads were converted to expressways and traffic lights removed.

who can still remember the time when ecp had traffic lights?

Edited by Enye

My thoughts are that there are few blindspots there and since it's exit on the right side it is not easy to speed so maybe that's why there are few accidents there....

I also dont know if this is the reason,  but if we take into consideration of traffics coming in from BKE trying to filter their way to the exit, vehicles picking speed after the traffic camera on PIE, vehicles moving into the fast lane from slower lanes and putting their brakes to slow down on the fastest lane, heavy vehicles "hogging" lane 1 from as far back as before the BKE merging in, vehicles trying to move from lane 1 to lane 2 to overtake while having to look out for traffic coming from BKE moving all the way to the right. 

All these make it an ideal place for accidents to happen, all it takes is 1 careless driver to ignite it. Anyway the speed travelling there is not exactly slow also, but so far accident rate seem like a lot better than straight roads on PIE. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

Since they have tolerated this right-hand exit for decades, the reason for change is probably due to something else.

Once I was driving behind a lorry in lane 3 when the driver suddenly realize the exit is on his right. So he stopped the lorry in the middle of the expressway to wait for lane 1 & 2 to clear before exiting. All the vehicles have to come to a sudden stop. Later I went to report police with my video footage but the police refuse to take the video evidence and just wrote a report for me. Nothing happened to the lorry driver although he could have killed a few people.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2