Right-side PIE exit moved to the left from May 28, 2023 at 5am

RadX

Underpass? That stretch of Bt Timah Rd got ponding risk.

Nope....

That parts at Jalan Anak Bukit sit on higher ground. There is a underpass from Upper Bukit Timah Rd to Clementi Road.

If LTA will to open an underpass on the right side of PIE, they have to eat into some bungalows land ....    [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

it was there for the longest time lah before roads were converted to expressways and traffic lights removed.

who can still remember the time when ecp had traffic lights?

Always see the public bus have to filter from left lane to right lane early and crawling slowly on the road to exit. Very dangerous when cars are travelling very fast on lane 1.

But this exit have been there for dont know how many decades liao, how come now then they do something about it le?

Edited by 13177

The Clementi exit never bothered me much. Maybe because I never encountered a peak hour jam there.

But if they're fixing historically bad designs, I wish they'd start with Newton Circus. That's probably one of the most hazardous junctions in Singapore. Any analysis of the accident stats and near misses there?

• Praise 1

The Clementi exit never bothered me much. Maybe because I never encountered a peak hour jam there.

But if they're fixing historically bad designs, I wish they'd start with Newton Circus. That's probably one of the most hazardous junctions in Singapore. Any analysis of the accident stats and near misses there?

What can they do on the Newton Circus roundabout? Think nothing much they can do la. Last time before they have fixed with traffic lights really very hazardous. Now with traffic lights improved a bit liao.

That's because our driver don't know how filter in/our Newton Circus.

Not because of roundabout.

Always see the public bus have to filter from left lane to right lane early and crawling slowly on the road to exit. Very dangerous when cars are travelling very fast on lane 1.

But this exit have been there for dont know how many decades liao, how come now then they do something about it le?

Maybe nothing to spend, so justify something to spend lo.

OMG! such small project plan 3 years (Surely cannot be completed in time), actual completion at least 4 years above, this is typical Singapore speed,  

Edited by MQX87511

Newton Circus is dangerous only because there are too many boh lesen drivers who don't know how to use a roundabout. Left lane to go 1st exit, middle lane to go 2nd exit, right lane to go 3rd/4th/5th exit .. but majority use the bloody left lane for anything, and those who use the right lanes cannot filter left safely into their 2rd/3rd exit.

Also in answer to @davidtch, in practical terms the reason makes no difference. If a lot of sg drivers have no clue how to use the roundabout and it's impractical to change that situation, then it's dangerous full stop. What are you proposing, an education campaign just for roundabout use? Edited by Turboflat4

Since they have tolerated this right-hand exit for decades, the reason for change is probably due to something else.

Once I was driving behind a lorry in lane 3 when the driver suddenly realize the exit is on his right. So he stopped the lorry in the middle of the expressway to wait for lane 1 & 2 to clear before exiting. All the vehicles have to come to a sudden stop. Later I went to report police with my video footage but the police refuse to take the video evidence and just wrote a report for me. Nothing happened to the lorry driver although he could have killed a few people.

Bro, it's more of because too many people feedback to lta, so they have to do something about it. But one thing they need to becareful, as sometimes too many people don't understand the rationale behind why they do it this way and these people get fed up and feedback. The rationale could be because of cost factors and thus do it this way that may Slight inconvenience people or because of other factors like environmental like there are old trees there so cannot built it over there. I am not saying about this expressway exit but more of in terms on general things they do.

The thing is sometimes many people feedback about on particular things and if the rationale behind doing it the other way works out to be actually a less cost effective method, and by changing it because of too many people feedback = up expenses which is no good. So at times it is also how they deliver the message across to people the rationale behind things they do is also very important.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Newton Circus is dangerous only because there are too many boh lesen drivers who don't know how to use a roundabout. Left lane to go 1st exit, middle lane to go 2nd exit, right lane to go 3rd/4th/5th exit .. but majority use the bloody left lane for anything, and those who use the right lanes cannot filter left safely into their 2rd/3rd exit.

Agree on the bo lesen part. I once saw a female driver jam brake in the middle of the circus. Luckily no accident. Seriously don't know why she jam braked when there was no car in front of her.

Agree on the bo lesen part. I once saw a female driver jam brake in the middle of the circus. Luckily no accident. Seriously don't know why she jam braked when there was no car in front of her.

Mid life crisis?

BTW how you know is "her" and note "him" since you stated no car at hèr rear.

Bro, it's more of because too many people feedback to lta, so they have to do something about it. But one thing they need to becareful, as sometimes too many people don't understand the rationale behind why they do it this way and these people get fed up and feedback. The rationale could be because of cost factors and thus do it this way that may Slight inconvenience people or because of other factors like environmental like there are old trees there so cannot built it over there. I am not saying about this expressway exit but more of in terms on general things they do.

The thing is sometimes many people feedback about on particular things and if the rationale behind doing it the other way works out to be actually a less cost effective method, and by changing it because of too many people feedback = up expenses which is no good. So at times it is also how they deliver the message across to people the rationale behind things they do is also very important.

You have no clue at all on how the policy wonks actually work. 

Another band aid project. LTA should have incorporate this when expanding the flyover near Beauty World (3 lanes to 4 lanes) and rebuild that flyover taller.

Now got to suffer another 4 years of digging and diversions.

Stupid A$$.

• Praise 1

Try merging into the PIE from the BKE  just after the satellite station. You are basically entering a bend and then you have to filter all the way to the right just to exit. supremely stupid.

Also in answer to @davidtch, in practical terms the reason makes no difference. If a lot of sg drivers have no clue how to use the roundabout and it's impractical to change that situation, then it's dangerous full stop. What are you proposing, an education campaign just for roundabout use?

Why do we have to sanitize our road design for idiots?

If they don't learn how to drive it, they will have to pay an expensive lessons for it.

You have no clue at all on how the policy wonks actually work.

How they work? Can't be that bad right? If not singapore will be in a mess by now.

Another band aid project. LTA should have incorporate this when expanding the flyover near Beauty World (3 lanes to 4 lanes) and rebuild that flyover taller.

Now got to suffer another 4 years of digging and diversions.

Stupid A$$.

Poor planning and probably lack of funds.

However I still welcome the upgrade. 

How they work? Can't be that bad right? If not singapore will be in a mess by now.

Getting to be a mess with this generation. 

↡ Advertisement