8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

This is pure marketing talk.

ZF has achieved it since the introduction of 8 spd.

0-100km/h:

BMW ///M3 7 spd DCT: 4.1sec.

Alpine B3 8 spd AT: 4.2sec

BMW 340 8 spd AT: 5.2sec

In term of torque, Alpina B3(600NM) is higher than M3(550NM) and 340(450NM).

Maybe you are right, those are simply marketing statement.

However we bought a Toyota for its reliability. Thus far didn't came across any truly overstated proclaim statement made by them.

For instance, most drivers would find the real diff between their VVT and dual VVT engine. 

Those conti and premium cars that you have mentioned are running on turbo engine too. The gearbox just playing part of the role maybe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Maybe you are right, those are simply marketing statement.

However we bought a Toyota for its reliability. Thus far didn't came across any truly overstated proclaim statement made by them.

For instance, most drivers would find the real diff between their VVT and dual VVT engine.

Those conti and premium cars that you have mentioned are running on turbo engine too. The gearbox just playing part of the role maybe.

I just want to emphasize that Toyota is late in this torque AT game.

ZF has closed the gap already.

Nothing exciting about it.

I just want to emphasize that Toyota is late in this torque AT game.

ZF has closed the gap already.

Nothing exciting about it.

They have never been ahead in any other respective area. This is simply because of the reputation they needs to maintain.

Toyota is a all rounder as one could not goes too wrong for picking one. Not to mention if its executive sedan line up.

Those who are so into such technical advancement or performance then why pick a Toyota?

But nevertheless, this is a great move by Toyota themselves. I would rather they started on the DAT than to carry on with their super CVT.

They have never been ahead in any other respective area. This is simply because of the reputation they needs to maintain.

Toyota is a all rounder as one could not goes too wrong for picking one. Not to mention if its executive sedan line up.

Those who are so into such technical advancement or performance then why pick a Toyota?

But nevertheless, this is a great move by Toyota themselves. I would rather they started on the DAT than to carry on with their super CVT.

Toyota was early mover of Hybrid. Now, it’s lagging behind.

Toyota is continuing its development on CVT especially for cars below 2L. This is especially so with introduction of WLTP.

Toyota in ASEAN is seriously behind its competitor in term of infotainment. Especially lack of Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

Toyota was early mover of Hybrid. Now, it’s lagging behind.

Toyota is continuing its development on CVT especially for cars below 2L. This is especially so with introduction of WLTP.

Toyota in ASEAN is seriously behind its competitor in term of infotainment. Especially lack of Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

But doesn't matter. It's still the number 1 when it comes to association with reliability. Though some would argue it's just an association rather than actual fact. Still, their sales volume outnumbers that of the other brands, especially in other territories outside SG.

Toyota has been using CVTs in their hybrids for decades now, and the reliability of their CVTs has been good (as opposed to the s*** JATCO ones in Nissan's line-up). While their CVTs are "standard", i.e no real fun to drive, they at least don't shudder like throwing an epileptic fit or fail prematurely.

Agree that Toyota is typically slow to adopt the latest in Infotainment, etc. Even their safety-feature set tends to lag behind those of other Japanese makes such as Subaru (which is across their ENTIRE line-up), Honda (with sensing) and even Mazda.

The new Camry seems to have DRCC however, and that's a huge plus.

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 1

Took delivery of my new Camry 2.5 hybrid last month.  Smooth quiet and very comfortable drive .  Very refined new dynamic force engine.

BHP @combine 218hp is more than adequate.  

post-174076-0-65272200-1547708310_thumb.jpg

post-174076-0-82527600-1547708343_thumb.jpg

post-174076-0-90092100-1547708366_thumb.jpg

• Praise 17

Took delivery of my new Camry 2.5 hybrid last month. Smooth quiet and very comfortable drive . Very refined new dynamic force engine.

Congrats. Wow at first i tot it is a Lexus es from the front. Cant see the logo clearly
  • Praise 1

Took delivery of my new Camry 2.5 hybrid last month.  Smooth quiet and very comfortable drive .  Very refined new dynamic force engine.

very nice. noticed that you got a moonroof version.

Were you able to specs it the way you wanted?

Or are the body kit and leather done aftermarket?

• Praise 1

Bro can pm me your PI? I’ve been checking out Camry hybrid at PI, just didn’t get good vibes from those I talked to at AML.

Hang on is it from wheelers?

Italian leather for the seats.

Nice!

Have you compared the built quality esp interior between your MIJ ride and Borneo's MIT Camry?

(edited)

Mij camry has better fittings n specs, though I hv not seen the MIT specs. Understand MIT camry will not hv hybrid version. Only 2.0 old engine and 2.5L.

M20A juz intro in RAV4. That’s why even MIC Camry still on AR engine.

This is Camry Sports.

Did you order Camry or Camry Sports?

By the way, there is a full EV mode

Edited by Davidtch

Mine is camry G with Panoramic roof. I add in body kits n Lexus grill.

Bro can pm me your PI? Iâve been checking out Camry hybrid at PI, just didnât get good vibes from those I talked to at AML.

Hang on is it from wheelers?

I get it from CarQuotations in tagore. Look for Tommy or Ian