8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

56 minutes ago, pat3g said:

Brought a Camry hybrid from a PI. I’ve to paid for my own repair for the shock absorber even though it was mentioned that it comes with three years warranty. The PI just doesn’t wants to honour the warranty . So buyers just take note.

Pls pm me which pi?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
On 12/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, Smieky said:

Hi I just got a Camry Hybrid sports from Vin car, I just realize that the front do not have parking sensor,, anyone knows where I can get original 2 Matt color sensor to install to the car??  

Which model ascent sports? If yes then comes with it

Neutral Newbie
On 12/4/2019 at 12:03 PM, BernardShen said:

Hi, newbie here.  Just to check is there any difference in ride, NVH between G and Ascent Sports model?

Likely no just tHat g model is higher in spec for the JDM which comes with side folding mirrors and lithium batt.  HU is excluded though

Neutral Newbie
On 10/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, Hotnyh said:

On the verge of buying the Aussie spec Ascent Sport. Besides the nicer headlights and ambient lighting I don't think the G grade model is sufficiently different for me to bother with. The PI is fitting some interface for the standard head unit to display Apple Carplay AND Android Auto... kudos to them. 

Might get a bright red or the blue since the car looks quite sporty this time round. Is there a strong reason to get a JDM version since the Aussie one is also built in Japan?

Bro which PI is that?

On 12/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, Lanxs said:

Likely no just tHat g model is higher in spec for the JDM which comes with side folding mirrors and lithium batt.  HU is excluded though

Thanks, but Aussie model using different lithium batt from JDM ones?

On 12/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, pat3g said:

Brought a Camry hybrid from a PI. I’ve to paid for my own repair for the shock absorber even though it was mentioned that it comes with three years warranty. The PI just doesn’t wants to honour the warranty . So buyers just take note.

how many shocks did u change at one go? How u know got shock absorber problem? Leaking shock?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, BernardShen said:

Thanks, but Aussie model using different lithium batt from JDM ones?

All Aussie models use a NiMh battery as far as I know. In the USA only the base Camry hybrid gets the Lithion battery.

On 12/26/2019 at 5:40 PM, MinJunMaru said:

Hello, new forum user here. Has anyone experienced creases on their leather seats? Camry is about 3 months old from Borneo.20191220_085503.thumb.jpg.c08999d66df36e75a592e8d348a55352.jpg20191220_085601.thumb.jpg.235c1b505621798ee151db0829aa4333.jpg

While I don't own a camry, isn't this normal? Leather stretches as you use it, and that's naturally going to create creases. 

Think it it like a tight fitting leather shoe. It loosens up after wearing it a few times. 

On 12/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, pat3g said:

Hi bro, think I’m having same issue as yours.. tok sound when crossing hump and this occurs to me almost daily.. I suspect shock absorber too.. damn disappointing cos sound came out barely just less than 1 mth old. Now car 1 year old.. done 20k servicing.. I keep complaining but my PI always say sound not consistent, so cannot change for me yet. 

4 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

While I don't own a camry, isn't this normal? Leather stretches as you use it, and that's naturally going to create creases. 

Think it it like a tight fitting leather shoe. It loosens up after wearing it a few times. 

Hi, thanks for the response. 

The driver seat was "bloated/creased" beyond normal wear and tear, which BM would be replacing. I have yet to face this problem with my previous 2015 Altis or 2013/2018 E Class, thus would like to seek feedback from owners if they had similar experiences. The creases were apparent during collection, which I failed to highlight due to time constraint(my oversight). As this car is only ~3 months old, I am worried that the other seats may face the same issue in the future. Hopefully I'm just suaku la

Edited by MinJunMaru

On 3/5/2019 at 5:41 PM, DK3410 said:

Haha. Not so jialat lah...

Don't forget the clientele that the Camry typically caters to... Unkers (like myself) with a small brood +/- some elderly folk.

It's sufficient for a comfortable ride. But don't expect it to be terribly exciting. In fact, Toyota and Exciting are 2 words that don't go together in SG. Their cars have always been outstandingly average, with the exception of their price tags.

Reliability is good (not nearly as over-engineered as the Lexus) but still good. The Koreans have started to catch up in this category however.

Kia K5 will be a strong competitor here if it ever imported here..

On 2/10/2020 at 10:07 PM, Addixon said:

Is there an aftermarket kit to make the wing mirrors fold for the aussie version?

I would like to know this too. So far I did not find anything

On 2/14/2020 at 5:31 PM, SGCMmilkysilver said:

Guys, am looking into Camry Hybrid Ascent Sport. Just to check that we can easily travel above 1000km per tank? If yes, this would be good to offset the high road tax.

Thanks for advise

I tried the Camry Hybrid G model (i think) for 2 days, manage to hit 21km/l.

I think 1000km per tank doable. but since its a different battery and different model for the Ascent sport i am not too sure.

↡ Advertisement