8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

6 hours ago, SGCMmilkysilver said:

But remote folding of side mirrors to be more than basic nowadays. Hahaha.

They would rather to fit in the toyota safety sense P than to have the remote folding of side mirrors. 😞

And we are not talking bread and butter car like Vios and Altis. Camry is a mid size executive sedan. Hahaha.

This I agree. At this level they still leave it out. Toyota really damn stingy on such stuff.

Wonder if anyone here did fix the folding mirrors after getting the car. 

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I guess Aussie care about Toyota Sensing more than folding of side mirrors.

I think they call the toyota one,  toyota safety sense . Honda Sensing. 😛

Its more like a safety feature ba. When not all the variant have it, the complaint was not every one lives costs the same. 

↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Blade07 said:

I think they call the toyota one,  toyota safety sense . Honda Sensing. 😛

Its more like a safety feature ba. When not all the variant have it, the complaint was not every one lives costs the same. 

Thanks for the correction.

All version received the same Toyota Safety Sense (Lane Departure Alert, Pre-Collision Safety System with pedestrian detection, Automatic High Beam and All-Speed Active Cruise Control)

17 hours ago, Hotnyh said:

No issues. Comfortable, quite peppy in normal mode and decent in ECO. 

I do a lot of short drives so my FC isn't very good. Current tank is about 17km/L but on longer runs can easily get 20-23km/L. 

I'm enjoying the ride and having to visit the petrol station less than half of what I needed to before. 

To be honest I think the car is a bit too big and would have been better with the Corolla or Altis hybrids. Oh well, each ride in enjoyable so look fwd to your car.

Oh yes, did you get apple car play & android auto on your new ride? its listed on the Aussie site already. 

12 minutes ago, Blade07 said:

Oh yes, did you get apple car play & android auto on your new ride? its listed on the Aussie site already. 

My car is too old to have the upgraded head unit. PI installed a 3rd party interface that allows Android Auto

IMG-20191003-WA0002.jpg

Edited by Hotnyh

On 12/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, pat3g said:

Brought a Camry hybrid from a PI. I’ve to paid for my own repair for the shock absorber even though it was mentioned that it comes with three years warranty. The PI just doesn’t wants to honour the warranty . So buyers just take note.

Can share what wrong with your suspension?

12 hours ago, Hotnyh said:

My car is too old to have the upgraded head unit. PI installed a 3rd party interface that allows Android Auto

Good enough alternative. ~

On Friday, my 8" stock head unit failed to display the usual Toyota start up screen/ battery status/ reverse camera display. However when I plugged in my phone I could still access Android Auto.

After some Googling I found out that you can reset the head unit by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. I had to do this a few times but eventually it went back to normal. Phew.

Anyway, now you know what to do if this happens to your car. 

The new Aussie spec cars should have Car Play and Android Auto built in already.

You can replace the headunit with a standard 2 DIN one like in the JDM G spec models if you buy the dashboard adaptor.

Edited by Hotnyh

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi,

I am looking at camry and am wondering if there is a new model coming out soon or if the existing model are already the latest 2020 model?

if anyone can sic the latest price (highest trim), it will be helpful too.

Edited by marvelme

1 minute ago, marvelme said:

Hi,

I am looking at camry and am wondering if there is a new model coming out soon or if the existing model are already the latest 2020 model?

Its the latest model, one year old only, i foresee it will change model in 2023-2024 maybe

Neutral Newbie
2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Its the latest model, one year old only, i foresee it will change model in 2023-2024 maybe

thank u. how to check if latest or not is there a stark difference somewhere which i could check to prevent having old model?

18 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

That's AD version.

PI version should be 2 years already

• Praise 1

Supercharged
24 minutes ago, marvelme said:

Hi,

In USA, this  ALL-NEW model was introduced in 2018, facelift should come next year in 2021.

For Australia (where the PI stock comes from) and local, it was introduced around early 2019, so expect facelift to come earliest end 2021.

Neutral Newbie
On 2/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, Hotnyh said:

IMG-20191003-WA0002.jpg

Hi.

i am a camry xv70 owner from Malaysia, we here dont get apple carplay Retrofit updates like the Australia and North America counterparts.
How do you access carplay from your HU? It is through pressing mode button for 3 seconds? Or through the menu settings?

thanks

Neutral Newbie
On 2/22/2020 at 5:54 PM, inlinesix said:

Camry with TRD kit

E2F70084-D840-482A-9D6E-DEF188CE572C.jpeg

This one not Camry with TRD kit nia, it’s Camry trd. 

got performance/handling upgrades also 

On 3/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, ckk125 said:

Hi.

i am a camry xv70 owner from Malaysia, we here dont get apple carplay Retrofit updates like the Australia and North America counterparts.
How do you access carplay from your HU? It is through pressing mode button for 3 seconds? Or through the menu settings?

thanks

The dealer installed an interface kit (I never saw it). The USB cable is a separate one that pops out from inside the glove compartment. 

To access the Android Auto mode I press the Home button for a couple of seconds. A quick press will bring on the Home screen only. 

↡ Advertisement