8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

1 hour ago, numero said:

Hi all. Been eyeing the Camry for a long while with many PIs with different claims of theirs being the 'latest' model. There are the Ascent Sport, G, SL and some marketed with 2020 Dynamic Force engine while others are clueless. Some are pure Aussie made (likely old stock), some Aussie import but MIJ, one of the PI told me they got their stock from Thailand and the list goes on. Some even told me that upon delivery they will flash firmware to add carplay?!

With their focus now on the GLA/GLB and the many variants, I opined that time may be right for a Camry as they are 'clearing' out.

Is there a definite guide on the differences between model, country of origin and which dealer to go for? Appreciate some advice from the gurus!

Go for Aussie stock which is MIJ

I think most PIs only import the hybrid model which will be using the newest 2.5 Dynamic Force engine.

Aussie model already has native AppleCarplay/AndriodAuto, just get a new 2020 stock; best wait for facelift model.

Check Aussie website for the comparison of model and specs: https://www.toyota.com.au/-/media/toyota/main-site/vehicle-hubs/camry/files/camry_spec_data_oct2019.pdf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, RH1667 said:

@Carbon82can help re-load the photo? only 1st one can be seen. 

Thanks for highlighting the broken links. Here's the official photos of the F/L Camry Hybrid. It seems to be a trend that larger model are now looking like it smaller sibling (The F/L Camry look like the Corolla, and the same for new S-Class looking like the A-Class...)

toyota_camry_hybrid_895_05c104dc0b9b08c0

toyota_camry_hybrid_383_03bb020c0b8807a8

toyota_camry_hybrid_775_040300b10df50980

toyota_camry_hybrid_421_01aa001a10540c0a

toyota_camry_hybrid_163_01d1012010a50b60

toyota_camry_hybrid_499_028f02d00ea209b7

toyota_camry_hybrid_836_05c704a10b750897

toyota_camry_hybrid_7128_0113009d11f90d7

toyota_camry_hybrid_688.jpg

toyota_camry_hybrid_36.jpg

• Praise 9

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Go for Aussie stock which is MIJ

I think most PIs only import the hybrid model which will be using the newest 2.5 Dynamic Force engine.

Aussie model already has native AppleCarplay/AndriodAuto, just get a new 2020 stock; best wait for facelift model.

Check Aussie website for the comparison of model and specs: https://www.toyota.com.au/-/media/toyota/main-site/vehicle-hubs/camry/files/camry_spec_data_oct2019.pdf

Thanks! Hope it's worth the wait. Any recommended dealers currently if the deal is too good to pass?

I was reading some news update and apparently Camry from Aug onward (in Aus) is already fitted with Li-ion battery which the facelift will be getting! Free upgrade. Wonder if anyone has it!

Screenshot_20201201-211325_Chrome~2.jpg

46 minutes ago, numero said:

Thanks! Hope it's worth the wait. Any recommended dealers currently if the deal is too good to pass?

Buying from PI is like gambling.

If I was buying (I don't usually buy non-AD car), I would go for Vincar as they are the biggest and most reputable all these decades.

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Buying from PI is like gambling.

If I was buying (I don't usually buy non-AD car), I would go for Vincar as they are the biggest and most reputable all these decades.

Agree. Also note that if you do go for the biggest and most reputable likely you will have to pay a premium

8 hours ago, Hamburger said:

This is one uninteresting FL or not car. Inside out. 

No offence to camry lovers. 

Already not bad compared to Accord.

Accord basically wiped out in SG, and places like Australia.

Camry still surviving with loyal client base.

• Praise 4

39 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Already not bad compared to Accord.

Accord basically wiped out in SG, and places like Australia.

Camry still surviving with loyal client base.

Accord was priced way too crazily high when Kah brought it in. So far I've only seen 1 on the road but that's about it. If I'm not wrong, I rmb reading somewhere that Honda already pulled the sales of accord in most countries. 

My 2 cents opinion. 

Buying from PI is a risk. I have previously bought from a PI and car delivery was delayed by close to 5 months after securing COE due to some previous disputes between the importer of the car and the PI. That experience is a frustrating one although the PI was gentlemen enough to pay for the Road Tax and monthly installment of my car while waiting for the delivery of the new car.

My second PI experience was a pleasant one though with Prime Cars for Toyota Camry Hybrid. Their selling price isn't the lowest in the market. I got mine for 121K when there are PIs offering between 116 to 119K. However, my deal is for 1 bid guarantee and I would get my car one week after securing COE. All promises fulfilled by PI and I duly got my car on the Saturday, the same week where COE is secured. 

So, moral of the story is that when dealing with PI, let's be realistic. If you want cheaper prices, you must be prepared for some surprises. Only way to avoid this is to do your own diligence and do market research. Understand which PI can be trusted and which to skip. Be prepared to pay slightly more if you want a smooth transaction with all promises delivered. At the end of the day, PI are businesses and making profit is their ultimate objective.   

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Daryllim69 said:

My 2 cents opinion. 

Buying from PI is a risk. I have previously bought from a PI and car delivery was delayed by close to 5 months after securing COE due to some previous disputes between the importer of the car and the PI. That experience is a frustrating one although the PI was gentlemen enough to pay for the Road Tax and monthly installment of my car while waiting for the delivery of the new car.

My second PI experience was a pleasant one though with Prime Cars for Toyota Camry Hybrid. Their selling price isn't the lowest in the market. I got mine for 121K when there are PIs offering between 116 to 119K. However, my deal is for 1 bid guarantee and I would get my car one week after securing COE. All promises fulfilled by PI and I duly got my car on the Saturday, the same week where COE is secured. 

So, moral of the story is that when dealing with PI, let's be realistic. If you want cheaper prices, you must be prepared for some surprises. Only way to avoid this is to do your own diligence and do market research. Understand which PI can be trusted and which to skip. Be prepared to pay slightly more if you want a smooth transaction with all promises delivered. At the end of the day, PI are businesses and making profit is their ultimate objective.   

i agree. There is always some guys who will tell you they can offer a cheaper price to you in order to secure the deal. As long as you are happy with the deal you made, ignore the "noise" and move on. Ultimately you want a worry free delivery and a happy driving experience.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:44 AM, numero said:

Hi all. Been eyeing the Camry for a long while with many PIs with different claims of theirs being the 'latest' model. There are the Ascent Sport, G, SL and some marketed with 2020 Dynamic Force engine while others are clueless. Some are pure Aussie made (likely old stock), some Aussie import but MIJ, one of the PI told me they got their stock from Thailand and the list goes on. Some even told me that upon delivery they will flash firmware to add carplay?!

With their focus now on the GLA/GLB and the many variants, I opined that time may be right for a Camry as they are 'clearing' out.

Is there a definite guide on the differences between model, country of origin and which dealer to go for? Appreciate some advice from the gurus!

I’m also eyeing this car but have not been to see it yet. Any comments on the reliability and if they come with memory seats please?

I just received mine from Vincar 3 weeks ago and really enjoying this car. 

Just wondering why there aren't many of those cars on road? 

My personal feeling is this car at the price point @125k is way above the experience of many more expensive competitors. Even consider the risk of PI, the price difference between PI and BM is so big that it could cover everything. 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, PaulMeng said:

I am also looking for Camry Hybrid, Current PI in my list is SGcarchoice, Cartimes and Vincar.

Bought mine from Carle.....great service and they can customize the car, beautifying it according to your needs...great customer service, competitive pricing....check it out !

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Yuning said:

I just received mine from Vincar 3 weeks ago and really enjoying this car. 

Just wondering why there aren't many of those cars on road? 

My personal feeling is this car at the price point @125k is way above the experience of many more expensive competitors. Even consider the risk of PI, the price difference between PI and BM is so big that it could cover everything. 

Australia stock with factory infotainment?

↡ Advertisement