8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

22 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Australia stock with factory infotainment?

Yup. With google and apple car play. 

Lack the rain sensing wiper and auto mirror fold. 

And the batter is not Lith-ion. 

Still, i'm averaging 5.6L/100km with aircon in 1500kms.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, Yuning said:

Yup. With google and apple car play. 

Lack the rain sensing wiper and auto mirror fold. 

And the batter is not Lith-ion. 

Still, i'm averaging 5.6L/100km with aircon in 1500kms.

Nice... pay lesser than borneo but get AC/AA and better drivetrain.

No wonder no one buying Borneo camry.

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Nice... pay lesser than borneo but get AC/AA and better drivetrain.

No wonder no one buying Borneo camry.

That true. I dont see any reason to buy BM with such big price gap. It is enough to cover all the possible repair and maintenance expenses for 10 years. 

Plus the hybrid brings in so much more power than the petrol version. Not even the same game level. 

• Praise 3

16 minutes ago, Coolsurfer2021 said:

Hi any one knows the hybrid battery bar should be usually how many bars when car is new? Or does it reach full when moving? Mine is 3 to 4 bars. Thanks! 

Mine is always half. And I think this is reasonable. Because batteries running at half charged is the most durable. 

• Praise 1

Looking to buy a new Toyota Camry Hybrid SL[Full Option] Model,any Lobang.?Seems like No PI bring in now...Vincar need to Indent 4-5 Months,$155,000.

(edited)

Would like to get feedback on this Camry Hybrid, with PI in mind.

May I know the warranty cover for the batteries. Any one replace during the time of owning the ride? 

And reliability? I expecting no issue at all haha, baring tear and wear items of course.

Is the cabin really quiet on the road? And is the suspension bouncy over humps? This is important as PIs normally do not allow test drive.

Edited by Heartlander
To specify hybrid variant

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

May I know the warranty cover for the batteries. Any one replace during the time of owning the ride? 

And reliability? I expecting no issue at all haha, baring tear and wear items of course.

Is the cabin really quiet on the road? And is the suspension bouncy over humps? This is important as PIs normally do not allow test drive.

Later i get my Car then i tell you,should be in July.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Later i get my Car then i tell you,should be in July.

U getting Camry Hybrid from PI or AD? Why need so many months? I just checked with Prime ready stock here.

If I getting, which seems like it, would be within these few days haha.

Edited by Heartlander
addded last sentence

(edited)
2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Until the days come when auto tailgate is factory fitted, then I might consider. 

But why u need auto tailgate for this ride? From a few videos I watched the reviewers commented t is pneumatic powered so is quite effortless to open. Just not automatic.

Go to 5:25 mark to see how the reviewer in the video open the tailgate.

Edited by Heartlander

20 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

U getting Camry Hybrid from PI or AD? Why need so many months? I just checked with Prime ready stock here.

Maybe he waits for MY2021.

Current stock very high chance MY2020

4 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Haha what about your Spada?

I can't answer 1st 2 questions. But i drove the camry hybrid in Victoria.

Quiet yes. Good NVH at speeds up to 100-110kph. 
The TNGA suspension is firmer over bumps than the previous generations or other japanese executive sedans, certainly more than my accord.

• Praise 2

36 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

But why u need auto tailgate for this ride? From a few videos I watched the reviewers commented t is pneumatic powered so is quite effortless to open. Just not automatic.

Go to 5:25 mark to see how the reviewer in the video open the tailgate.

haha he like AMDL one lah. He no like JDM sui liap one...

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Haha what about your Spada?

I can't answer 1st 2 questions. But i drove the camry hybrid in Victoria.

Quiet yes. Good NVH at speeds up to 100-110kph. 
The TNGA suspension is firmer over bumps than the previous generations or other japanese executive sedans, certainly more than my accord.

Good question. Still loving my Spada though thinking to replace it with this as received a very good offer last weekend at $1k above my purchase price after using it for a year. So thinking if any ride worth to replace it and this Camry Hybrid came to the picture.

Then thinking to change my wife's ride to this also. Really love the package especially the excellent FC - despite road tax increasing from $700 to $1800, the saving in petrol result in net gain of $1300 considering monthly now at about $400.Toyota servicing is also significantly cheaper than Merc servicing. Hybrid battery to replace completely would cost about $3k to $4k, which is manageable given the saving in petrol if need to after 7 to 8 years.

Now seeking feedback before pulling the trigger. But most likely will keep the Steppie as wife just insisted to have a MPV in the household to do heavy lifting when necessary, such as collecting a 2nd fridge tomorrow which is this ride's forte.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

Mine is from PI,Vincar,Borneo Motor don't bring in Hybrid,i Indent because i wanted the Top of Line SL Version,with full Options,just like the Lexus ES300h Equipments,$157,000.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 3

On 3/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, Heartlander said:

Just a bit comment on the battery and drive train. According to my PI, they give 5 years/100k warrenty. But must go to their workshop for servicing. 

In China, toyota gives unlimited warranty for battery and drivetrain unless physically damaged. 

It seems this generation of battery does not die. It ages, but work. So you will have worse fuel comsumption in the long run. But this is not covered by warranty... 

↡ Advertisement