8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

4 hours ago, Yuning said:

Just a bit comment on the battery and drive train. According to my PI, they give 5 years/100k warrenty. But must go to their workshop for servicing. 

In China, toyota gives unlimited warranty for battery and drivetrain unless physically damaged. 

It seems this generation of battery does not die. It ages, but work. So you will have worse fuel comsumption in the long run. But this is not covered by warranty... 

Thanks for the inputs. My PI does not offer any 10 years hybrid battery warranty like Borneo but was told it now cost 3k to 4k to replace the whole battery pack, very manageable as will happen after 8th year if it happen within 10 years.

Just signed the deal this evening for a Ascent Sports for my wife and now waiting impatiently for the COE to be secured then car delivery.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

1 hour ago, DylanChen said:

any pi allow test drive?

i ask a few already, not allow.

I know a few largest ones provide. But seems they dont want to let people know. 

Try your luck bro, go to the megga market and a few allows it there. 

3 hours ago, DylanChen said:

any pi allow test drive?

Pay Deposit can Test Drive..

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Pay Deposit can Test Drive..

But isn't it like coming forum ask opinions after buying the car? But seriously is it even necessary nowadays with all cars feeling almost the same? The showroom car would have allowed you to explore the physical item, which to me is most important to allow you to decide if it can serve your needs with  the functionality and quality of fitting. Take your time there and check out every aspects that are important to you. To me there is really no need to test drive a car that can run 6.6sec century sprint for performance unless you are shopping for Kia Stinger, BUT you are deciding on Camry which is a uncle car. To me watching a few youtube review videos would be enough to form an opinion.

6 hours ago, DylanChen said:

any pi allow test drive?

Test drive a used car lo

11 hours ago, Heartlander said:

But isn't it like coming forum ask opinions after buying the car? But seriously is it even necessary nowadays with all cars feeling almost the same? The showroom car would have allowed you to explore the physical item, which to me is most important to allow you to decide if it can serve your needs with  the functionality and quality of fitting. Take your time there and check out every aspects that are important to you. To me there is really no need to test drive a car that can run 6.6sec century sprint for performance unless you are shopping for Kia Stinger, BUT you are deciding on Camry which is a uncle car. To me watching a few youtube review videos would be enough to form an opinion.

Does the Camry you bought came with full spec Toyota Sense?

3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Does the Camry you bought came with full spec Toyota Sense?

Yes. Mine is the Ascent Sport variant. All Camry Hybrid sold here should come standard with TSS aka Toyota Safety Sense. The minor facelift announced in 1/Feb/2021 come with minor enhancements like pedeatrian detection at night or something beside the standard 9: floating display..

https://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/CAMRY/

The translated text as below:

‎The Camry is located under the Toyota brand and the highest-end model of the FF sedan. The lineup includes the G, G leather, X, WS, and WS leather packages equipped with a 2.5-liter in-line 4-cylinder engine. All grades are equipped with 2WD and E-Four (electric 4WD system). By combining the dynamic force engine 2.5, a new TNGA engine with a maximum thermal efficiency of 41% and high power, and the ever-evolving hybrid system (THS II), it achieves both low fuel consumption and excellent power performance. Intelligent clearance sonar (parking support brake (stationary) that contributes to the reduction of collision damage caused by wrong stepping on the accelerator and brakes in parking lots, etc. is set as standard to the "X" grade, which was an optional setting in the conventional model, and all vehicles are equipped as standard equipment, blind spot monitor (BSM) that supports the driver's blind spot, The standard setting of the rear cross traffic autobrake "Parking Support Brake (rear approaching vehicle)" has been expanded to "WS" and "G" grades to enhance safety. This time, "G", "G leather package", and "X" are more gorgeous, and "WS" and "WS leather package" are styled to enhance each individuality more sportyly. The design of the front bumper, headlamp and rear combination lamp decoration, front lower grille, aluminum wheel, etc. was changed (except for some grades), and the decoration of instrument panels etc. was changed. In addition, the standard display audio is sized from 8 inches to 9 inches. As safety equipment, "Lane Tracing Assist" is added, and "Radar Cruise Control" is equipped with advanced functions with curve speed suppression function, and the latest preventive safety package "Toyota Safety Sense" with improved functions is standard equipment on all vehicles. The body color is available in 5 monotone colors and 2 two-tone colors, including the newly set color "Precious Metal".‎

So is it that you have been tempted already haha. 6.6sec century sprint is not slow yet can achieve FC of 20km/L if you take it slower, and it offers alot of space and comfort. Good for everyone in the family.  

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Yes. Mine is the Ascent Sport variant. All Camry Hybrid sold here should come standard with TSS aka Toyota Safety Sense. The minor facelift announced in 1/Feb/2021 come with minor enhancements like pedeatrian detection at night or something beside the standard 9: floating display..

https://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/CAMRY/

The translated text as below:

‎The Camry is located under the Toyota brand and the highest-end model of the FF sedan. The lineup includes the G, G leather, X, WS, and WS leather packages equipped with a 2.5-liter in-line 4-cylinder engine. All grades are equipped with 2WD and E-Four (electric 4WD system). By combining the dynamic force engine 2.5, a new TNGA engine with a maximum thermal efficiency of 41% and high power, and the ever-evolving hybrid system (THS II), it achieves both low fuel consumption and excellent power performance. Intelligent clearance sonar (parking support brake (stationary) that contributes to the reduction of collision damage caused by wrong stepping on the accelerator and brakes in parking lots, etc. is set as standard to the "X" grade, which was an optional setting in the conventional model, and all vehicles are equipped as standard equipment, blind spot monitor (BSM) that supports the driver's blind spot, The standard setting of the rear cross traffic autobrake "Parking Support Brake (rear approaching vehicle)" has been expanded to "WS" and "G" grades to enhance safety. This time, "G", "G leather package", and "X" are more gorgeous, and "WS" and "WS leather package" are styled to enhance each individuality more sportyly. The design of the front bumper, headlamp and rear combination lamp decoration, front lower grille, aluminum wheel, etc. was changed (except for some grades), and the decoration of instrument panels etc. was changed. In addition, the standard display audio is sized from 8 inches to 9 inches. As safety equipment, "Lane Tracing Assist" is added, and "Radar Cruise Control" is equipped with advanced functions with curve speed suppression function, and the latest preventive safety package "Toyota Safety Sense" with improved functions is standard equipment on all vehicles. The body color is available in 5 monotone colors and 2 two-tone colors, including the newly set color "Precious Metal".‎

So is it that you have been tempted already haha. 6.6sec century sprint is not slow yet can achieve FC of 20km/L if you take it slower, and it offers alot of space and comfort. Good for everyone in the family.  

I was quite surprised on this 6.6sec century sprint that you mention.

Some Youtube I had watch is like all 8sec+.

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I think most of the videos and information i saw are 8 seconds too. 

15 minutes ago, Tohto said:

What I mentioned was what was reported in the video. I have watched a few other videos there to see if the timings are plausible. The latest A and C class all reported similar timings as official spec, even Civic Type R and Yaris GR and a few other jap rides also similar accuracy. The spec listed in the Camry test I personally checked to be same as what Toyota Japan selling  in Japan now, and very close to what is listed in sgcarmart. Given that we are getting Camry Hybrids made in Japan unlike USA and China with their own production plants,  our variants should be similar if not same as the Japan domestic market products. 

But to me this century timing is just but 1 of the reason to get the ride. Most Camry owners got it because of FC period. Same for me haha. If can do 8.3 sec or 6.6 sec is definitely good but make little difference to my daily driving experience. My wife is not the chiong type, neither is she concernd about FC at all. So doesn't really matter. More important is the overall package, the seating comfort, 2nd row legroom, trunk space, etc, etc. 8.3sec or 6.6sec, both will allow brisk overtaking without any drama.

• Praise 3

Anyone can enlighten what is this model Camry hybrid XSE ? Is it different from the current PI range in sg? 

7 hours ago, Ravinged said:

Has anyone actually installed the auto-folding mirror? Seems a little pricey out there and with very limited workshops doing it.

I did. $580 and I know two workshops doing this. 

I only two workshops that does the auto-fold mirrors. Please note that these two workshops added an additional module to the existing side mirrors, hence it is cheaper than the option of replacing the full set of auto-fold mirrors. I was quoted by the PI which I purchased my XV 70 from at price of $1,500 to install the auto-fold mirrors, by the way. To install the additional module on your existing side mirrors, you can go to (1) Singtrade @ Sin Ming Auto City and/or (2) Perfect Power @Bt Batok Wcega, both at $580. I also know of another Camry owner who is also able to do this at an even cheaper price. But not sure if he still has stock. PM me if you want to know more.

• Praise 2

On 3/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Heartlander said:

What I mentioned was what was reported in the video. I have watched a few other videos there to see if the timings are plausible. The latest A and C class all reported similar timings as official spec, even Civic Type R and Yaris GR and a few other jap rides also similar accuracy. The spec listed in the Camry test I personally checked to be same as what Toyota Japan selling  in Japan now, and very close to what is listed in sgcarmart. Given that we are getting Camry Hybrids made in Japan unlike USA and China with their own production plants,  our variants should be similar if not same as the Japan domestic market products. 

But to me this century timing is just but 1 of the reason to get the ride. Most Camry owners got it because of FC period. Same for me haha. If can do 8.3 sec or 6.6 sec is definitely good but make little difference to my daily driving experience. My wife is not the chiong type, neither is she concernd about FC at all. So doesn't really matter. More important is the overall package, the seating comfort, 2nd row legroom, trunk space, etc, etc. 8.3sec or 6.6sec, both will allow brisk overtaking without any drama.

I floored it when i was in rural victoria state. It's not a 6 second car. 8+ seconds is around there.  

But like you said, it's more than adequate for usual driving. 

For pple like us, used to japanese cars, can't really go wrong type of choice. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1