8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Invigorated said:

that seems to be the same spec as the harrier hybrid? thats a cool feature. lack of memory seat is not great though, but at that price, PIs dont offer it too.

The omv for PI cars is similar about 34k but the arf works out to be 24k after ves rebates. I guess the borneo camry should also be the same? Depreciation works out to be about 14k a year if this is true.

will hope to catch it when its official in showrooms.

Already in Showroom & Open for Booking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Already in Showroom & Open for Booking.

I tried to get more info online, but both sgcarmart and BM website all no information on this model leh. Curious about the full spec.

And btw has your indent arrive already? 

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I tried to get more info online, but both sgcarmart and BM website all no information on this model leh. Curious about the full spec.

Not yet,ETA end of this Month,still need to go LTA for Test...

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Just a P.I. Ascent Sport,add 2 front Ventilated Seats[very important],18'' Wheels & Electrical Adjusted Steering,so it is called Easy Exit/Entry System..

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Just a P.I. Ascent Sport,add 2 front Ventilated Seats[very important],18'' Wheels & Electrical Adjusted Steering,so it is called Easy Exit/Entry System..

The steering wheel system is the one that automatically collapse when engine off for easy exit right? To me is not really necessary as too many movable parts sure breakdown earlier. I would think the collapsible rear sun shade is more desirable.

Curious if there is auto side mirror folding feature when locking car which is not present in PI cars but much more functional in our context? This will cost about $600 to retrofit with OEM motor and $1200 if original Toyota motor.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
18 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

The steering wheel system is the one that automatically collapse when engine off for easy exit right? To me is not really necessary as too many movable parts sure breakdown earlier. I would think the collapsible rear sun shade is more desirable.

Curious if there is auto side mirror folding feature when locking car which is not present in PI cars but much more functional in our context? This will cost about $600 to retrofit with OEM motor and $1200 if original Toyota motor.

funnily that there is no memory seat with this easy in/out system. typically it goes with memory seat. but yes, i had it in my previous car and never bothered to use it after, did try out for a couple of times, but IMHO just adds wear. I guess only for people with big stomachs. 😁

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

funnily that there is no memory seat with this easy in/out system. typically it goes with memory seat. but yes, i had it in my previous car and never bothered to use it after, did try out for a couple of times, but IMHO just adds wear. I guess only for people with big stomachs. 😁

Jeremy Clarkson?😂

Autofold side mirror will also wear out the motor over time.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Definitely true but good to have in local context where parking space is tight. Also as we get older, need to have something visual to assure ourselves that the car is locked already. How many times I have walked back near my Steppie to see that its side mirrors are folded as cannot remember lock already or not haha. 

1 minute ago, Heartlander said:

Definitely true but good to have in local context where parking space is tight. Also as we get older, need to have something visual to assure ourselves that the car is locked already. How many times I have walked back near my Steppie to see that its side mirrors are folded as cannot remember lock already or not haha. 

I rarely fold/unfold my wing mirror.  The motor already making noise now.

I off sll visual cue of locking/locking.  My only cue is to check visually.

I had a couple of times forget to lock the car.  On this island, no issue la.

55 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Jeremy Clarkson?😂

Any difference if we manual fold the side mirror every time also? Same amount of wear right?

13 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Any difference if we manual fold the side mirror every time also? Same amount of wear right?

I don't fold.

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

IMG-20210613-WA0012.jpg

The aftermarket hud by borneo is a visual assault on the eyes.. fortunately there are units you can upgrade outside with all the apply carplay tech. Dunno who in the management approved this.. those bezels within the bezels... faint.

2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I feel it's a good to have too. Many a times I found my side mirrors pushed out by others when they force their way between tight spaces, or maybe its intentional. this happened less or even at all with my car with auto folding.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I feel it's quite pointless too especially when the seats don't move back. I know for lexus, the seats do move back. If i'm tall and the steering wheel is already at it's highest point, the auto adjustment will only shift back to the highest point and adds to maintenance cost when warranty is over.

Ventilated seats are useful though.

↡ Advertisement