8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Invigorated said:

I feel it's quite pointless too especially when the seats don't move back. I know for lexus, the seats do move back. If i'm tall and the steering wheel is already at it's highest point, the auto adjustment will only shift back to the highest point and adds to maintenance cost when warranty is over.

Ventilated seats are useful though.

yeah, but if you have rear passengers, then they will KPKB like my kids, unless its the S-class where the couple of inches moved didnt matter.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Invigorated said:

I feel it's a good to have too. Many a times I found my side mirrors pushed out by others when they force their way between tight spaces, or maybe its intentional. this happened less or even at all with my car with auto folding.

From my personal experience, I have to replace a side mirror on my Biante before because someone pushed it the wrong way. According to Mazda, the mirrors can only fold properly towards the rear and the gear assembly might crack if pushed towards the front which was what happened. Luckily the workshop waived off part of the cost due to goodwill. Not sure if this apply to other makes, But I think so lah.

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Jeremy Clarkson?😂

Autofold side mirror will also wear out the motor over time.

Every car parts also wear and tear..

Our body also wear and tear..

Underwear also wear until tear...

Like that how?

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Every car parts also wear and tear..

Our body also wear and tear..

Underwear also wear until tear...

Like that how?

Don’t wear UNDERWEAR 

😂

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Don’t wear UNDERWEAR 

😂

Commando u mean...

U try when biking.. then u FR here..

• Haha! 2

Just now, Freeder said:

Commando u mean...

U try when biking.. then u FR here..

I wear HOM brief while out cycling.

Very hard to find this Brand nowadays.

Neutral Newbie

Looks like a similar situation with the Harrier when BM brought it in the turbo version and PI got stuck with all their stocks.

3 minutes ago, numero said:

Looks like a similar situation with the Harrier when BM brought it in the turbo version and PI got stuck with all their stocks.

Not really comparable lah. Back then PI's stock were all NA variants only, while BM managed to blindside them with a totally new turbo variant. Currently there is no major surprise feature on BM's variant that is a deal breaker comparing to PI's stocks. Only on price and peace-of-mind factors perhaps. Even then I got mine at $132k in 3/2021, still significantly lower than the $153k BM asking now. If I had just got mine from PI, then maybe will be abit sad given that it is only about $10k higher. But this is life, no choice.

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

Not really comparable lah. Back then PI's stock were all NA variants only, while BM managed to blindside them with a totally new turbo variant. Currently there is no major surprise feature on BM's variant that is a deal breaker comparing to PI's stocks. Only on price and peace-of-mind factors perhaps. Even then I got mine at $132k in 3/2021, still significantly lower than the $153k BM asking now. If I had just got mine from PI, then maybe will be abit sad given that it is only about $10k higher. But this is life, no choice.

The ventilated seats and telescopic steering wheel are not exactly dealbreakers, but the hybrid battery warranty is good to have though. 

If given a choice, someone will choose to get it at 132k then than to have it at 153k now as 20k diff can cover a lot already. 153k is also a launch price, may not stay there for long and i do foresee prices going up later on. PIs have to adjust their prices too.

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

Harrier was the first model which BM threw the gauntlet at PIs. It was followed by C-HR turbo which again caught out the PIs. At the end of last year, Yaris Cross Hybrid challenged the PIs yet again as it was priced near what they were quoting for the petrol version. Unfortunately, it was not sustainable as BM couldn’t secure enough YCs and now the waiting list stretches to next year.

I like what BM is doing or rather how the PIs have woken up BM. Kah needs to similarly pull up their socks as well as they are the only AD that is selling less cars than PIs Honda. C&C Benz n BM Toyotas sell more than all the PIs combined for Benz n Toyota respectively.

• Praise 7

(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, Invigorated said:

I feel it's quite pointless too especially when the seats don't move back. I know for lexus, the seats do move back. If i'm tall and the steering wheel is already at it's highest point, the auto adjustment will only shift back to the highest point and adds to maintenance cost when warranty is over.

Ventilated seats are useful though.

Not too sure about the maintenance cost for the auto retract electric steering. It's a feature in harrier (both NA and turbo) for many years but never heard of any issues with it.

I personally find it quite useful for getting in and out. 

Edited by Hobbes187
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Spring said:

Harrier was the first model which BM threw the gauntlet at PIs. It was followed by C-HR turbo which again caught out the PIs. At the end of last year, Yaris Cross Hybrid challenged the PIs yet again as it was priced near what they were quoting for the petrol version. Unfortunately, it was not sustainable as BM couldn’t secure enough YCs and now the waiting list stretches to next year.

I like what BM is doing or rather how the PIs have woken up BM. Kah needs to similarly pull up their socks as well as they are the only AD that is selling less cars than PIs Honda. C&C Benz n BM Toyotas sell more than all the PIs combined for Benz n Toyota respectively.

It’s because of the new MD few years back and now CEO of Inchcape. 

https://www.torque.com.sg/features/borneo-motors-new-md-gives-firm-womans-touch/

Jasmmine Wong.

She’s a go getter, will push and push you. My bro worked with her at Nestle before. She’s the type management love and those under her hate. 😁

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 4

30 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.torque.com.sg/features/borneo-motors-new-md-gives-firm-womans-touch/

Jasmmine Wong.

She’s a go getter, will push and push you. My bro worked with her at Nestle before. She’s the type management love and those under her hate. 😁

Wow almost 4 yrs liao! I heard from a Toyota SE that quite a few of them left as Mgmt cut their commission n other incentives shortly after she joined. He left for Honda with a few colleagues. But he has since returned to BM as they hv now a better package. Win win situation as the old SEs were experienced n able to meet targets. Seems BM struggled when a bunch of them left. 

• Praise 7

Supersonic
On 6/16/2021 at 4:42 PM, Fcw75 said:

Jasmmine Wong.

This MD already head BM since 2017 liao?! But i no see any great change in Toyota cars le? Lol.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Before her, the MD was Koh Ching Hong. That time the cars were even more boring. 

He was the MD at Fuji Xerox before joining Inchcape when I was working there at FX.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Before her, the MD was Koh Ching Hong. That time the cars were even more boring. 

He was the MD at Fuji Xerox before joining Inchcape when I was working there at FX.

I think no matter who is the MD of BM, toyota cars afterall still a toyota la, cannot expect nice and fancy design and car features. From 2017 until 2021, you see toyota cars design still not as nice if compared with some jap and korea cars.

Any XV70 bros stay pasir ris/tampines/simei willing to let me take measurements of the camry words?

I wanna prank my wife by pasting the words on my non-camry toyota =D

The last time i did something to the car she didnt notice for days =X

↡ Advertisement