8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

I'm looking at the standard Vs elegance. Difference of 16k.. wanna hear it it is worth it to pay so much to get the elegance?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Tlks said:

I'm looking at the standard Vs elegance. Difference of 16k.. wanna hear it it is worth it to pay so much to get the elegance?

Worth if you like 18"Wheels,Electric Seat with Ventilation.,Leather Steering Wheel.

(edited)

Just came back from viewing the Camry 2.5L hybrid Elegance model at Leng Kee. 

Its quite evidently a bare boned unit imported and dressed up with locally installed fittings to make it look pretty.

The interior is riddled with hard plastics which is a deal breaker. And from the looks of it, the headunit, wireless charging pad, leather seats, leather steering wheel, sport kit are locally fitted.

A huge step back from the pre-facelift camry.

Edited by noobcarbuyer

8 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Just came back from viewing the Camry 2.5L hybrid Elegance model at Leng Kee. 

Its quite evidently a bare boned unit imported and dressed up with locally installed fittings to make it look pretty.

The interior is riddled with hard plastics which is a deal breaker. And from the looks of it, the headunit, wireless charging pad, leather seats, leather steering wheel, sport kit are locally fitted.

A huge step back from the pre-facelift camry.

Aren't the plastics the same as the prefacelift Camry? Imo, nothing much has really changed except for the relocation of the Aircon vents and the front bumper design, just looking at the brochures.

3 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Aren't the plastics the same as the prefacelift Camry? Imo, nothing much has really changed except for the relocation of the Aircon vents and the front bumper design, just looking at the brochures.

The pre-facelift Camry (2L & 2.5 L non hybrid) was manufactured in Thailand, and the interior had a more integrated and more premium feel than the current facelift (2.5L hybrid) model which is made in Japan. 

I was quite surprised by this too, only way you can understand is if you have sat in the driver's seat in both the facelifted and non-facelifted models. 

I would believe that a bare-boned Camry model was brought in from Japan, and much of the interior fittings were locally installed. 

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

@noobcarbuyer So did you booked a Unit.?

No.

If the previous pre-facelift Camry model had been going at $131K now, I would have grabbed it in a heartbeat. 

This current facelifted model? Not so much, specially when the PI Camry models come with better quality and well integrated interior fittings. 

Most likely for Lower OMV.

What is your take given that you have seen the BM variant? Do you find the interior worse than those from PI pre-facelift? No offence to the bro who raise this observation,  just asking for second opinion.

(edited)

9 hours ago, Heartlander said:

What is your take given that you have seen the BM variant? Do you find the interior worse than those from PI pre-facelift? No offence to the bro who raise this observation,  just asking for second opinion.

Have seen the BM version over the weekend - was not impressed ... the standard or basic version had mismatched local black leather seats paired with a beige interior.  the head unit looked cheap and almost ready for new owner to swap out.  The better elegant version sitting in the showroom looks better with factory fitted leather.  it's almost like BM wants to test how badly customers want an AD version with stripped down specs and lower pricing.  At over 130k, I think they are really pushing their luck. 

Edited by Gz0707

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Cheaper than my ''SL'' P.I. model,no comments...if i know Borneo low selling price of $148,000,i may wait for it.

• Praise 2

Cheaper than my ''SL'' P.I. model,no comments...if i know Borneo low selling price of $148,000,i may wait for it.

Looking at your car, I will skip BM version.

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Looking at your car, I will skip BM version.

But it cost so much higher...only stubborn People like me like "Full Options" Model.

• Praise 1

Just now, ER-3682 said:

But it cost so much higher...only stubborn People like me like "Full Options" Model.

It is either save me to "suffer" or pay more to enjoy.

My Mini has Harmon Kardon system.  I no longer can stand car without proper system.

Factory integration is much better than aftermarket setup.

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is either save me to "suffer" or pay more to enjoy.

My Mini has Harmon Kardon system.  I no longer can stand car without proper system.

Factory integration is much better than aftermarket setup.

Me too..i opted the Harmon Kardon System on my M240i..need to wait over 4 Months for the Car.

• Praise 1

Have seen this posting on sgcarmart and i have to say the previous model looks pretty good with some enhancements to make it look more integrated. It seems to me that the owner has leather-wrapped much of the interior and some of the dash too.

Lexus-like headlights and rear ones too with bodykit. i wonder how much the previous owner has spent on it. I am not affiliated, just sharing. The basic one is spartan but with another 2-3k budget to enhance it, should dress up quite nicely.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1