8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

Twincharged
17 hours ago, camrysfe said:

0FEC60C5-84CC-4796-9E33-64F7EAE140FE.thumb.jpeg.a3dcb5043444d42f62b552ca2d366877.jpegCEF350C9-5DBD-4FE9-88EC-0BA8291804B7.thumb.jpeg.883f0106f005ec7f6cf6d58f9e8e970d.jpegThe local fitted leather seat seems more atas than the factory fitted leather seat on the elegance model

The Local fitted are PVC,not Leather Seat,if i not wrong.

↡ Advertisement

I always feel Toyota will be the next Nokia when ev cars is the future.

But to be frank, the price BM is offering for Camry is quite attractive for a 2.5l hybrid n the exterior is quite sporty, but as usual the interior cmi n I guess ppl who buy Toyota don't care ABT all these

20 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

But to be frank, the price BM is offering for Camry is quite attractive for a 2.5l hybrid n the exterior is quite sporty, but as usual the interior cmi n I guess ppl who buy Toyota don't care ABT all these

Maybe Toyota will be the next Nokia in Singapore.

58 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

I thought you were already done with thrashing Toyota cars in general.

Toyota isn't very much behind the curve when it comes to EV cars, they have already released a concept and there will be many more to come. Why would u feel so? 

If anything, Toyota may be more well placed with their history of manufacturing hybrids and their JVs with overseas strongarms like BYD.

Nokia is very different, when android came, they were sticking to their own os and I don't see Toyota just doing that.

At least when u make a point, will be helpful if you support it with why u think so.

Not sweeping statements like 'i think Android/iOS/Microsoft (or ___________) will be the next Nokia'.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Invigorated said:

Toyota isn't very much behind the curve when it comes to EV cars, they have already released a concept and there will be many more to come. Why would u feel so? 

If anything, Toyota may be more well placed with their history of manufacturing hybrids and their JVs with overseas strongarms like BYD.

Nokia is very different, when android came, they were sticking to their own os and I don't see Toyota just doing that.

At least when u make a point, will be helpful if you support it with why u think so.

Not sweeping statements like 'i think Android/iOS/Microsoft (or ___________) will be the next Nokia'.

Kia7xxx is like that lah. He is rabid anti-Toyota fan. Anything they do is wrong in his eyes.

I think he adds colour to the forum.:grin:

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Invigorated said:

Do u know Toyota used to JV with Telsa but they ended it on 2014, do u know what's the reason?

Upcoming next few yrs, there will be some new brands of ev cars like Apple and Huawei, etc. And EV car is still consider new technology for most car markers n it's less complex n lesser parts compared to ICE cars.

Therefore if Toyota wants to use back the same selling point like, reliable or good FC will be quite unrealistic though I know there r that same group of supporters who will choose to believe this.

And how will Toyota compete with those tech companies (Apple n Huawei) in terms of design n features? I don't think anyone who is buying a new EV cars will be interested in a car that doesn't come with retractable side mirror n a 5" infotainment unit that only play radio right?

4 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Kia7xxx is like that lah. He is rabid anti-Toyota fan. Anything they do is wrong in his eyes.

Hello I did praise the exterior n and pricing of Camry le. The interior really cmi, and so many members r talking abt it over here

Supercharged
45 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

At least this time round their Camry is tagged close to the PI price... 

2 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Do u know Toyota used to JV with Telsa but they ended it on 2014, do u know what's the reason?

Upcoming next few yrs, there will be some new brands of ev cars like Apple and Huawei, etc. And EV car is still consider new technology for most car markers n it's less complex n lesser parts compared to ICE cars.

Therefore if Toyota wants to use back the same selling point like, reliable or good FC will be quite unrealistic though I know there r that same group of supporters who will choose to believe this.

And how will Toyota compete with those tech companies (Apple n Huawei) in terms of design n features? I don't think anyone who is buying a new EV cars will be interested in a car that doesn't come with retractable side mirror n a 5" infotainment unit that only play radio right?

Excellent logic, although I don't understand what you are muttering about.

Retractable side mirror and a big infotainment unit need rocket science ah? Toyota don't know how to make ah? 

• Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Wondering why they cannot use the same Head Unit as the Harrier Hybrid? look nicer and easier to maintain if all same model.

Edited by GiantQ

Twincharged

I strongly think Borneo's Unit are same as P.I. ''G'' Model,i went to see the ''G'' Model,also no Headunit fitted.

2 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Excellent logic, although I don't understand what you are muttering about.

Retractable side mirror and a big infotainment unit need rocket science ah? Toyota don't know how to make ah? 

Look at the floating touch screen they r installing for few of the models

Know how to make but don't give a damn or they just enlarging the bezel to make it big lo. Lol

14 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Know how to make but don't give a damn or they just enlarging the bezel to make it big lo. Lol

I think you are a little confused here.

You said Toyota will go the way of Nokia because of the floating screens, large bezels and the lack of retractable side mirrors?

Obviously u know that Toyota has the know-how but it's also obvious they are trying to segment the market. They give u leather wrap dashboard, cool looking Merc like screens, who will buy lexus ah? For some people, those things u commented about are not even deal-breakers. Spend a bit, u can fix up the retractable mirrors and HU.

It's like you complain apple will go the way of Nokia because it still has a notch or even a 12mp camera and Samsung already using a pinhole front camera and 108mp camera. If you tell me iPhone is still using a 2mp camera because it doesn't have the tech today, then maybe it's possible.

Come on, I think u can do better than this right?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
15 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

The problem is the localization.

If you see the China domestic Camry, exactly same shape and interior layout... their instrument panel is full hi-res LCD 12" and the floating screen is full 9" with thin bezels and integrated infotainment developed with Tencent (Weibo).

image.png.79d2f0a7c217dca2e08ab03ffd295106.png

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Invigorated said:

You said Toyota will go the way of Nokia because of the floating screens, large bezels and the lack of retractable side mirrors?

Obviously u know that Toyota has the know-how but it's also obvious they are trying to segment the market. They give u leather wrap dashboard, cool looking Merc like screens, who will buy lexus ah? For some people, those things u commented about are not even deal-breakers. Spend a bit, u can fix up the retractable mirrors and HU.

It's like you complain apple will go the way of Nokia because it still has a notch or even a 12mp camera and Samsung already using a pinhole front camera and 108mp camera. If you tell me iPhone is still using a 2mp camera because it doesn't have the tech today, then maybe it's possible.

No, he is just that shallow and can't see past the gizmos. For years he has been crapping about equipment levels in some Toyota models.  

Slap on a 15" screen on a crumbling Lada and he will think its the best car in the world.

• Praise 1

Toyota has futureproof itself with a 3 prong strategy.  I don't see it going bust except maybe Singapore

6 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Strange u NV quote my reply to u. 

U already replied u the reasons n yet u want to use this reply which was meant for that joker. Either u avoiding it or u try to mislead others

↡ Advertisement