8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Oh, I till now read and forget. So if they spec 0W20 means the car can start of with low viscosity and operate well at that viscosity level.  

Yes...i already mentioned..if Factory Filled with 0W16 Oil..there must be a Reason...don't tell me Borneo's Service Team are Smarter than Factory's Engineers.?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Why not look at the weather we have here compared to the where the Youtuber come from?

0W16 viscosity I dare not use. When the engine oil gets heated up the oil will become like water. I will use 5W30 regardless. Cannot take Youtube video as reference as they are from a different country with probably a cooler climate.

I would rather look at a chart than take ref from a Youtube video. Mechanics here know it is either 5W30 or 5W40, anything less in viscosity you can say goodbye to the crank shaft journals and white bearings. They are things you cannot see that are being worn out by low viscosity oil.

cf028082-9c32-408b-9922-6c55c0d2dc53_SAE

9 Years ago..Mazda SkyActive Engines already need 0W20 Oil...some oversmart..Mechanics..filled with 5W30..End up..Valvetrain Failure...so how you explain.?

42 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

9 Years ago..Mazda SkyActive Engines already need 0W20 Oil...some oversmart..Mechanics..filled with 5W30..End up..Valvetrain Failure...so how you explain.?

LoL...how do I know what you say is verifiable? Let me Google...

https://tuningpro.co/the-3-most-common-mazda-skyactiv-g-2-0-engine-problems/

2 most common engine problem

1) Low oil pressure

2) Carbon build-up

So number 1 would explain why you say it has valvetrain failure cos the oil pump would have problem pumping up the oil to the valvetrain.

I wont say the mechanics did wrong cos if you look at the chart I have posted they would act according to the temperatures here. To advise car owners to use 5W20 could be to put less strain on the already weak oil pump. It could be a temporary fix until they are able to do a recall or replace the engine oil pump.

This is more of a mechanical issue rather then an engine oil issue that you have mentioned.

Edited by Watwheels

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Oh, I till now read and forget. So if they spec 0W20 means the car can start of with low viscosity and operate well at that viscosity level.  

What you said previously is rather outdated with advances in material science.

My Mini normal operating temperature is 120 deg c.

It uses 5w-30 oil with HTHS 3.5

• Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

LoL...how do I know what you say is verifiable? Let me Google...

https://tuningpro.co/the-3-most-common-mazda-skyactiv-g-2-0-engine-problems/

2 most common engine problem

1) Low oil pressure

2) Carbon build-up

So number 1 would explain why you say it has valvetrain failure cos the oil pump would have problem pumping up the oil to the valvetrain.

I wont say the mechanics did wrong cos if you look at the chart I have posted they would act according to the temperatures here. To advise car owners to use 5W20 could be to put less strain on the already weak oil pump. It could be a temporary fix until they are able to do a recall or replace the engine oil pump.

This is more of a mechanical issue rather then an engine oil issue that you have mentioned.

So far S'pore Cars..never have Oil Pump issues...& those who stick to 0W20 Oil..used their Cars up to scrap..some over 200,000 Km..have no Valvetrain Failure.

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Toyota have the Own Brand of 0W16 Oil..but not made by them...Borneo never bring in..maybe due to cost..

I think so

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

What you said previously is rather outdated with advances in material science.

My Mini normal operating temperature is 120 deg c.

It uses 5w-30 oil with HTHS 3.5

Bro, I think the 20/30 does not refer to temperature, it means the viscosity of the oil. Of course when enginer is operating. the temperature is above 100 deg c 

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

Bro, I think the 20/30 does not refer to temperature, it means the viscosity of the oil. Of course when enginer is operating. the temperature is above 100 deg c 

I know 20/30 does not refer to temperature.

For Japanese car, operating temperature is around 80 deg C.

Only German NA engine runs at 100 deg C.

• Praise 1

Just 1 advice..stick to what Factory Designer/Engineer on the Oil they insist..if all Cars can use 2-3 Types of Oil..why Oil Companies make so many Grades & Types of Oil.?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I know 20/30 does not refer to temperature.

For Japanese car, operating temperature is around 80 deg C.

Only German NA engine runs at 100 deg C.

Oh, but 20/30 if temperature then I don't know liao. Engine cannot be operating in these temperatures

• Praise 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:48 PM, ER-3682 said:

Borneo wanted to use 1 Oil for all it's Customer Cars inc Vans & Lorries...easier to order Bulk Volume at lower Cost....

You are probably right. Borneo has only 5W-30.
Now, stuck for 3 years due to the free servicing package, and will decide thereafter.

On 12/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, inlinesix said:

Toyota Camry Hybrid

7A0BFE15-4582-4243-BE96-14F4DB261F61.thumb.jpeg.43353a9830d32222f4b5a2fe5d8a2fc8.jpeg

Lexus ES

A3E991F8-BAA5-40B7-8290-07E3D6265567.thumb.jpeg.529cd74b0c0263340ba55a033371ac81.jpeg

If you google and gets these manuals off generic manual sites, of course they are uploaded by Americans and for North American market with cold winter

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

If you google and gets these manuals off generic manual sites, of course they are uploaded by Americans and for North American market with cold winter

@ER-3682 has Aussie Camry. I believe it said the same thing.

Malaysia just launched the facelift Camry while it only have 2.5L NA 8AT spec but their interior equipment is higher spec than our local 2.5 Hybrid elegance E-CVT spec.

Theirs come with bigger 9" floating screen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto and JBL 9 speaker system. 

Seem like when BM management selecting the specifications for our local market, they don't really understand what our local consumers are looking for as we already paying way more than our neighbor up north yet in terms of equipment spec we are getting short change. Just look at the pathetic 7" thick bezel screen mounted on the facelift Camry, come on! 🤮

https://youtu.be/VfSE4dvY4Zs

Edited by Fellows
  • Praise 2

@Fellows Equipments wise,i think AD has no say over it,they are given by the Factory,based on the targeted OMV,esp in S'pore Market,if you want to have bid Screen,then need to consider P.I. Cars...For example,i bought my F22 BMW M240i more than 3 Years ago,PML offered the 230i M-Sport,it is fully Equipped,selling cheaper near to $40,000 compared with the M240i...which even don't have Leather Seats,Sunroof & HK Audio Syste,...According to Salesman,Equipments wise are given by BMW Asia,not choose by PML.

Edited by ER-3682
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2