8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

2 hours ago, Blade07 said:

I would like to know this too. So far I did not find anything

I tried the Camry Hybrid G model (i think) for 2 days, manage to hit 21km/l.

I think 1000km per tank doable. but since its a different battery and different model for the Ascent sport i am not too sure.

Thanks for the feedback bro. 

For the side mirrors mod, maybe can try SG Garage at Yishun. They may be able to do it.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, SGCMmilkysilver said:

Thanks for the feedback bro. 

For the side mirrors mod, maybe can try SG Garage at Yishun. They may be able to do it.

thanks. let me contact them when i can't live with it anymore. I think its gonna be an expensive mod. 

1 hour ago, Blade07 said:

thanks. let me contact them when i can't live with it anymore. I think its gonna be an expensive mod. 

Np. My ex rides when my folding mirror motor not working, I went to them for repair at $80 only. If to buy replacement parts from stockist, it will be at least few hundred bucks.

I did asked them that time if can mod to auto fold when I locked the car, they said can be done. But I didn't do it in the end and changed ride. So I don't know about the damage.

3 minutes ago, SGCMmilkysilver said:

Np. My ex rides when my folding mirror motor not working, I went to them for repair at $80 only. If to buy replacement parts from stockist, it will be at least few hundred bucks.

I did asked them that time if can mod to auto fold when I locked the car, they said can be done. But I didn't do it in the end and changed ride. So I don't know about the damage.

oh for Camry Ascent is different. it does not even have the motor to fold. So its not just installing a module to let it auto fold but rather have to add the motor and everything to make it fold.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Blade07 said:

oh for Camry Ascent is different. it does not even have the motor to fold. So its not just installing a module to let it auto fold but rather have to add the motor and everything to make it fold.

Oh thats too much with the total absence of the motor. Then it will definitely won't be cheap to get one. Unless you wan to try your luck with taobao.

This is ridiculously bare for a car in this segment and as of today's expectation by any car buyer.

Is the same goes with Ascent Sport? Totally without mirror fold motor?

18 hours ago, SGCMmilkysilver said:

Oh thats too much with the total absence of the motor. Then it will definitely won't be cheap to get one. Unless you wan to try your luck with taobao.

This is ridiculously bare for a car in this segment and as of today's expectation by any car buyer.

Is the same goes with Ascent Sport? Totally without mirror fold motor?

Yes, both Ascent models do not have the motor. 

On 2/20/2020 at 9:23 AM, Hotnyh said:

Yes, both Ascent models do not have the motor. 

Wow that is a major let down from Toyota. There will not be any cheap option to install the motors then.

1. Either you get the full parts (mirrors+mirror covers+motors) from stockist and Audio shop to install. May need to spray paint the covers too unless you don't mind the original stock black.

2. Or you fetch and install universal parts from an Audio shop.

I think the damage can easily be around S$1K then.

It's likely more than that I'm afraid. Another owner told me our PI can do it for between $1500-1600 (that was 2 months ago though)...

Guess in Australia, car park lots are big enough you don't have to fold your mirrors. So far it's not been a big deal for me. If I'm in a tight HDB car park lot, I look for a corner lot and just fold one mirror manually.

Edited by Hotnyh

16 minutes ago, SGCMmilkysilver said:

Wow that is a major let down from Toyota. There will not be any cheap option to install the motors then.

1. Either you get the full parts (mirrors+mirror covers+motors) from stockist and Audio shop to install. May need to spray paint the covers too unless you don't mind the original stock black.

2. Or you fetch and install universal parts from an Audio shop.

I think the damage can easily be around S$1K then.

Ascent is the entry level variant

13 minutes ago, Hotnyh said:

It's likely more than that I'm afraid. Another owner told me our PI can do it for between $1500-1600 (that was 2 months ago though)...

Guess in Australia, car park lots are big enough you don't have to fold your mirrors. So far it's not been a big deal for me. If I'm in a tight HDB car park lot, I look for a corner lot and just fold one mirror manually.

Which PI did you get it from? Im waiting for my car ATM. Asked the PI sales person, he say need 2k to do. end up i was like see if can live with it first. 

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Is it? I thought that just the Aussie model.

32 minutes ago, Hotnyh said:

My car is from Vin Car.

Ascent is the base model, Ascent Sport is the next level up. 

Two more higher trims are the SX and SL

https://www.toyota.com.au/camry/range

Oh got it. I nearly got from Vin also, just that limited colors, so i really want others so did not go with them.

I ordered the Ascent sport, not too much different from Ascent i think. 

How's your ride so far? 

No issues. Comfortable, quite peppy in normal mode and decent in ECO. 

I do a lot of short drives so my FC isn't very good. Current tank is about 17km/L but on longer runs can easily get 20-23km/L. 

I'm enjoying the ride and having to visit the petrol station less than half of what I needed to before. 

To be honest I think the car is a bit too big and would have been better with the Corolla or Altis hybrids. Oh well, each ride in enjoyable so look fwd to your car.

7 minutes ago, Hotnyh said:

No issues. Comfortable, quite peppy in normal mode and decent in ECO. 

I do a lot of short drives so my FC isn't very good. Current tank is about 17km/L but on longer runs can easily get 20-23km/L. 

I'm enjoying the ride and having to visit the petrol station less than half of what I needed to before. 

To be honest I think the car is a bit too big and would have been better with the Corolla or Altis hybrids. Oh well, each ride in enjoyable so look fwd to your car.

Nice to hear that. 

I had drove my relative's G model, and I think its quite good. So really looking forward to this. 

Nice FC, my relative drive alot of short drives, but he is very prudent on driving so he is getting 21~, but think the G model also get better FC?

Anyway I'm driving a 2015 Altis, so I wanted to upsize so i think the size is good. Im getting 15 km/L for my Altis. so I'm sure the FC for me would be much better. 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

But remote folding of side mirrors to be more than basic nowadays. Hahaha.

They would rather to fit in the toyota safety sense P than to have the remote folding of side mirrors. 😞

And we are not talking bread and butter car like Vios and Altis. Camry is a mid size executive sedan. Hahaha.

1 hour ago, Hotnyh said:

Possible to be at this price if original parts from Australia side. The shipment is already not cheap.

I have friend in Aust and they would not be able to accept this too. Haha.

If the one side to be on the passenger side and you have forgotten to fold back before you drive off.....hahaha

1 hour ago, SGCMmilkysilver said:

But remote folding of side mirrors to be more than basic nowadays. Hahaha.

They would rather to fit in the toyota safety sense P than to have the remote folding of side mirrors. 😞

And we are not talking bread and butter car like Vios and Altis. Camry is a mid size executive sedan. Hahaha.

I guess Aussie care about Toyota Sensing more than folding of side mirrors.

↡ Advertisement