8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

Neutral Newbie
On 3/12/2020 at 9:51 AM, Hotnyh said:

The dealer installed an interface kit (I never saw it). The USB cable is a separate one that pops out from inside the glove compartment. 

To access the Android Auto mode I press the Home button for a couple of seconds. A quick press will bring on the Home screen only. 

Thanks for your reply.. I guess they must have the retrofit the carplay module and rerouted the usb.  How is the interface? Buggy? Sound quality not compromised?

thanks alot

↡ Advertisement

On 3/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, ckk125 said:

Thanks for your reply.. I guess they must have the retrofit the carplay module and rerouted the usb.  How is the interface? Buggy? Sound quality not compromised?

thanks alot

There was a time when the Waze app would show a blank screen and I'd have to switch to Google Maps but it has been fine for the past few months. Sound quality is good since it is a digital interface.

I use the TuneInRadio app to listen to the radio. If you use the car's tuner, you lose audible notifications from your apps including navigation. 

Since the radio is digital too, it sounds great.  Just need to have enough data for your phone. I have never used more than 3-4 gigs a month anyway.

Supersonic

Seems like there's a few variants of the new Camry Hybrid nowadays. Anyone can share what's the difference among them?

Screenshot_20200512-173955_sgCarMart.jpg

Screenshot_20200512-174053_sgCarMart.jpg

Screenshot_20200512-174140_sgCarMart.jpg

(edited)

Middle: Australia Ascent 2.5L

Bottom: Japan G version 2.5L hybrid

Edited by inlinesix

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Middle: Australia Ascent 2.5L

Bottom: Japan G version 2.5L hybrid

What about the top white one?

(edited)
18 minutes ago, WML888 said:

Looks like a Lexus ...

What does the diff of lexus and toyota? Log card both says toyota😂

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Supersonic
43 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

What does the diff of lexus and toyota? Log card both says toyota😂

If can get Lexus ES300h for the price of Camry Hybrid, can call it Proton oso i dun mind....lol

• Haha! 3

(edited)

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to get a vehicle, and this particular model above, Camry came across my mind. I would like to seek some advice, opinion on what is the differences between getting from P.I as well as getting from AD. 

Specification, Price, Warranty and what are some things that I should look out for? There are just so many variant from both the various P.Is that I'm also getting confused. And given the next and upcoming COE bidding, how much do you think the dealers will be offering? 

Although, I've not tested drive the vehicle, I'm quite comfortable with this model, since I've drove the older generation (not sure which generation, probably the first model that is manufactured from thailand) for quite a significant no. of years.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Dinosaur33

(edited)
4 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to get a vehicle, and this particular model above, Camry came across my mind. I would like to seek some advice, opinion on what is the differences between getting from P.I as well as getting from AD. 

Specification, Price, Warranty and what are some things that I should look out for? There are just so many variant from both the various P.Is that I'm also getting confused. And given the next and upcoming COE bidding, how much do you think the dealers will be offering? 

Although, I've not tested drive the vehicle, I'm quite comfortable with this model, since I've drove the older generation (not sure which generation, probably the first model that is manufactured from thailand) for quite a significant no. of years.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

AD one are non hybrid model and made in Thailand. PI one are all hybrid model and came from Aussie but made in Japan. Becos Toyota Australia shut down their Camry production line.

For PI one, even though there are many variants, all using same engine. But the hybrid battery are not the same for all variants and features as well.

Both ascent and ascent sport, using older generation battery and on paper, 1l=23.8km. Main difference between this 2 are the sport bodykit and 4.2"/7" info display. Both non leather seats and no auto fold side mirror

Model G and above using newer battery, 1l=28.4km. But for model G, it does not come with factory fitted HU. Leather seat and auto fold side mirror features

For pricing, it is hard to gauge as there are so many PIs selling this model

Hope it helps

Edited by lemontree
Additional info
  • Praise 3

4 hours ago, lemontree said:

Hi,

AD one are non hybrid model and made in Thailand. PI one are all hybrid model and came from Aussie but made in Japan. Becos Toyota Australia shut down their Camry production line.

For PI one, even though there are many variants, all using same engine. But the hybrid battery are not the same for all variants and features as well.

Both ascent and ascent sport, using older generation battery and on paper, 1l=23.8km. Main difference between this 2 are the sport bodykit and 4.2"/7" info display. Both non leather seats and no auto fold side mirror

Model G and above using newer battery, 1l=28.4km. But for model G, it does not come with factory fitted HU. Leather seat and auto fold side mirror features

For pricing, it is hard to gauge as there are so many PIs selling this model

Hope it helps

Hi, 

Thank you for the concise summary. Short, clear and straight to the point.

How about the chassis? Do you think that there will be a different? I've drove one in Aussie, 2.5 litre, sometime around 2015, and the chassis feel much stronger and strengthen - it definitely feel more stable. Do you think there will be a different in term of the stiffness of the chassis between the AD and P.I, as well as those from Thailand and Japan.

Although I've not had a detailed look at the monetary figures, I believe there are some differences in term of figure in term of the OMV and PARF value and stuff, and also the amount of incentive offered by the various P.I.

Thank you, you post definitely help.

Supercharged
28 minutes ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Hi, 

How about the chassis? Do you think that there will be a different? I've drove one in Aussie, 2.5 litre, sometime around 2015, and the chassis feel much stronger and strengthen - it definitely feel more stable. Do you think there will be a different in term of the stiffness of the chassis between the AD and P.I, as well as those from Thailand and Japan.

Although I've not had a detailed look at the monetary figures, I believe there are some differences in term of figure in term of the OMV and PARF value and stuff, and also the amount of incentive offered by the various P.I.

Get the Australian version. It will have a nice English language factory headunit with native Apple Carplay and Andriod Auto (new stock only - be careful).

Also made in same factory in Japan.

Basic chassis will feel similar whether MIJ or MIT as those are the TNGA design specs. There may be slightly different engine tuning or suspension tuning for different markets.

8 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Get the Australian version. It will have a nice English language factory headunit with native Apple Carplay and Andriod Auto (new stock only - be careful).

Also made in same factory in Japan.

Basic chassis will feel similar whether MIJ or MIT as those are the TNGA design specs. There may be slightly different engine tuning or suspension tuning for different markets.

Thank you tOyOta.

Have you tried driving any of the model? Engine tuning or suspension - what is your opinion? 

Would like to hear what is your opinion on the engine power delivery? I'm not looking for a sporty and aggressive drive, but rather one that is smooth and quiet, with linear power delivery. As I love driving on the highway up north, I'm thinking of getting the 2.5 litre since the initial price difference based on what I've check on BM official site doesn't seem unreasonable, other than the road tax and fuel consumption.

50 minutes ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Hi, 

Globally, Camry has been on the same platform regardless of generation.  In 2015, Aussie Camry was produced in Aust.  Likely suspension tuned to Aussie road.

Ascent/Ascent - Aussie Mkt Camry

G/W - JDM Camry

48 minutes ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Thank you tOyOta.

Have you tried driving any of the model? Engine tuning or suspension - what is your opinion? 

Would like to hear what is your opinion on the engine power delivery? I'm not looking for a sporty and aggressive drive, but rather one that is smooth and quiet, with linear power delivery. As I love driving on the highway up north, I'm thinking of getting the 2.5 litre since the initial price difference based on what I've check on BM official site doesn't seem unreasonable, other than the road tax and fuel consumption.

The main difference between AD and PI is the drivetrain. Petrol-only vs Petrol-Hybrid.

BM Camry 2.5 has a 200+bhp engine with an 8-speed autobox for a sharper more connected driving experience, whereas the PI hybrids are lower powered and has e-CVT gearbox, for a more relaxed and quiet driving style and superior FC. More suited for town driving then 180kmh at the NSHW. May not like to be rushed.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance. 

Sat in US & oz teksi using the camry hybrid. Given how these cabbies trash the car, gotta say the acceleration on them is quite impressive for a supposedly practical family car

I might be selling my PI model 2.5G hybrid some time is Jul'20 . Keen buyer please pm me for more detail.

Year of registration jun 2018.

↡ Advertisement