8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

12 minutes ago, Tlks said:

@209752648026519 that's v good millege! Can share which PI u went?

I got mine from Prime Motors. Was originally quoted $123K for Camry Hybrid Ascent but managed to bargain down to 121K and taking in my old ride at 1 K more than originally quoted. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, 209752648026519 said:

I got mine from Prime Motors. Was originally quoted $123K for Camry Hybrid Ascent but managed to bargain down to 121K and taking in my old ride at 1 K more than originally quoted. 

the Corolla hybrid was around $120k a couple of weeks back when i was kaypoh-ing...

Edited by yellowshaun
grammar

Just got a text from Borneo SE that the Camry Elegance Variant from Japan will be launched this Saturday at $150,888 after $2k VIP discount and there  will be special trade in price as well. It’s a hybrid with Toyota Safety Sense. 

Altis hybrid going for $10k cheaper is overpriced and the 2.5l Camry at $181k is also ridiculously priced. This seems more palatable as Accord is going for $172k for a 1.5l car

• Praise 7

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Spring said:

Just got a text from Borneo SE that the Camry Elegance Variant from Japan will be launched this Saturday at $150,888 after $2k VIP discount and there  will be special trade in price as well. It’s a hybrid with Toyota Safety Sense. 

Altis hybrid going for $10k cheaper is overpriced and the 2.5l Camry at $181k is also ridiculously priced. This seems more palatable as Accord is going for $172k for a 1.5l car

Any idea what's the omv after the ves rebates? Wonder how the depreciation compares to the PI hybrid. Is it worth it to go with Borneo for the extra warranty? There should be lifetime warranty for the hybrid battery? Old link seems to say max one change in 10 years for toyota. same still a not?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=6231

Edited by Invigorated
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Any idea what's the omv after the ves rebates? Wonder how the depreciation compares to the PI hybrid. Is it worth it to go with Borneo for the extra warranty? There should be lifetime warranty for the hybrid battery? Old link seems to say max one change in 10 years for toyota. same still a not?

1st 3 years should be under manufacturer warranty so it doesn’t cost Borneo a cent. Thereafter is insurance warranty. Thus claiming more can make the premiums go up too high. So this is then subject to whatever clause they wish to define. I would assume that typically insurance warranty would be more difficult to claim. 

3 hours ago, Invigorated said:

I do not hv info on the OMV nor VES rebates. As for the hybrid battery, Yaris Cross only has a 5yr warranty on the battery unlike previous Toyota hybrids which has 10yrs. Honda Jazz hybrid also now has 5yr warranty on the battery so seems like this is the new norm?

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Just viewed the Car this Morning,Borneo's Pricing will give P.I. selling the Ascent Sport Model ''Sleepless Nights'',selling about $5,000-$7,500 more than P.I.s,Borneo's Car came with 18'' Wheels,Ventilated Seats,Electric Steering Adjustment & finally from a AD...Warranty not an issue in the Future....

• Praise 7

Twincharged
On 6/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, Spring said:

I do not hv info on the OMV nor VES rebates. As for the hybrid battery, Yaris Cross only has a 5yr warranty on the battery unlike previous Toyota hybrids which has 10yrs. Honda Jazz hybrid also now has 5yr warranty on the battery so seems like this is the new norm?

OMV $34,000,same as P.I. Ascent Sport.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
34 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Just viewed the Car this Morning,Borneo's Pricing will give P.I. selling the Ascent Sport Model ''Sleepless Nights'',selling about $5,000-$7,500 more than P.I.s,Borneo's Car came with 18'' Wheels,Ventilated Seats,Electric Steering Adjustment & finally from a AD...Warranty not an issue in the Future....

MIJ?

Original Infotainment system?

42 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

you mean powered telescopic steering wheel adjustment ?

Twincharged
43 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

MIJ?

Original Infotainment system?

Yes,Japan Made,Infotainment is Local Fitted....But anyway,P.I. Cars Sat-Nav also cannot work in S'pore.

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

For 153k without VIP discount, it's amazing value with full features and ad warranty. Does the car come with memory seats?

Will expect to see more on the road. Cat B may go up in subsequent bids with this coming on board too.. Any idea if the hybrid battery warranty is also for 10 years?

• Praise 1

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Invigorated said:

For 153k without VIP discount, it's amazing value with full features and ad warranty. Does the car come with memory seats?

Will expect to see more on the road. Cat B may go up in subsequent bids with this coming on board too.. Any idea if the hybrid battery warranty is also for 10 years?

No memory Seat & Sunroof...but very important & useful in our Climate....Ventilated Seats...

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

No memory Seat & Sunroof...but very important & useful in our Climate....Ventilated Seats...

that seems to be the same spec as the harrier hybrid? thats a cool feature. lack of memory seat is not great though, but at that price, PIs dont offer it too.

The omv for PI cars is similar about 34k but the arf works out to be 24k after ves rebates. I guess the borneo camry should also be the same? Depreciation works out to be about 14k a year if this is true.

will hope to catch it when its official in showrooms.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1