8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

I cannot understand why hybrid camry is using 2.5l engine?

Because the 2.5L engine has a wider torque-band as compared to the 2.0L. Requires less revving to deliver the optimal torque needed.

When mated with a good well-designed ECU and CVT (like the Prius), it delivers good performance without sacrificing fuel economy.

The new Prius (1.8L) has better fuel economy than the old Prius (1.5L), go figure.

In addition, the new Camry is based on the TGNA chassis, which also sees a switch in suspension from the old dual Macpherson struts on the 2017 Camry to double-wishbone suspensions in the rear. This allows engineers to tune the suspension to offer BOTH good handling AND ride quality, unlike the Macpherson strut which sacrificed handling for ride quality. The engineering trade-off might have been reduced cabin space but thus far it looks like cabin space hasn't been compromised which is evidence of clever engineering.

The overseas reviews of the new Camry have been excellent, with some reviewers going as far as to say "FINALLY, a Camry that's actually fun to drive!".

↡ Advertisement

Carplay available in all new Toyota models in USA/Canada (since early 2018). Such as Avalon, ES, UX, Corolla, RAV4

But apparently it is a north american agreement only with Apple, so the rest of the world don't get Carplay.

Andriod Auto, there was some news (unofficial) in Sep that Toyota and Google has signed agreement to enable AA - no news since. Possible will only be announced when they introduce new model with AA functionality. Again high chance it is North America only.

I have seen the Sports version of the new Camry at one of the PI facebook. 

Gorgeous.

nice..which PI? how much is it going for?

eh this one. www.facebook.com/thewheelersauto 

they got very good reviews so far and seems to be able to personalise your car to your preference and styling too. 

all in one shop. 

Considering Camry Hybrid. Any reviews? Heard AD not bringing in Hybrid

Didn't test drive it but from what I've seen from YouTube reviews, this XV 70 Camry generally receives quite positive reviews. Are you also considering the normal petrol variant when Borneo motors is going to release it next year? I think it will have slightly more features as compared to PI.

Considering the hybrid version. But don't know how well it drives or if the cabin is as quiet as it's supposed to be...

was approaching a red car, can't quite make out what car was it. Until i saw CAMRY on it rear. Quite surprised

Nice color and looks sleek. No ah pek feel anymore

was approaching a red car, can't quite make out what car was it. Until i saw CAMRY on it rear. Quite surprised

Nice color and looks sleek. No ah pek feel anymore

Think i saw this new camry as taxi on the road the other day?!

Think i saw this new camry as taxi on the road the other day?!

ya, replaced the old black Chrysler

i guess red is more unique. Rare to see red camry

↡ Advertisement