8th Gen Toyota Camry (XV70)

inlinesix

5 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Planning to rent this car for my overseas trip, like to check with owner here. Can the car boot fit in 2 big 29 inches luggage and 2 cabin size luggage? 

I Don't think so,Best go for SUV.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Fellows said:

USA getting a facelift to their 2023 Camry 

An Attrage here can buy 2 of this over there in different colour to suit your mood.

The top range version too.

🤣

Supercharged
18 hours ago, Fellows said:

USA getting a facelift to their 2023 Camry 

Every year, there will be a "new" model for USA market. Most of the time, just some trim or specification changes - for example more exterior colors available or now all trims include 18" wheels.

Just replaced tyres for my Camry Hybrid. Abit overdue but the Premacy 3 tyres that came with the ride are still doing ok after 2 years and 1.5 month. Anyway decided to change them and have used the after market resource from this forum to shortlist suitable tyres. Very easy that need to enter the 215/55R17 and the suitable tyres would be displayed. But take note that the prices listed are seriously not accurate. I went down a popular tyre shop along Ubi 1 Road and the actual prices are higher. Decided to take up the Pirelli P7C2 at $225 against Premacy 4 at $185 as the reviews are generally more favourable and country of origin. No regrets when driving out as the tyres are very quiet, even more than the Premacy 3 they replaces despite being UHP tyres. And I am sure the tyres would not be noisy when they are old as my Superb came factory-fitted with Pirelli P7 and are still very quiet after 45,000km. But for that ride, most likely I am changing to PS5 as good to try out different tyres if costs are similar.

To add on, I am also very happy with the production dates of the P7C2 tyres - 1023. Very fresh indeed.

• Praise 4

Supercharged
On 5/14/2023 at 8:51 PM, Heartlander said:

Just replaced tyres for my Camry Hybrid. Abit overdue but the Premacy 3 tyres that came with the ride are still doing ok after 2 years and 1.5 month. Anyway decided to change them and have used the after market resource from this forum to shortlist suitable tyres. Very easy that need to enter the 215/55R17 and the suitable tyres would be displayed. But take note that the prices listed are seriously not accurate. I went down a popular tyre shop along Ubi 1 Road and the actual prices are higher. Decided to take up the Pirelli P7C2 at $225 against Premacy 4 at $185 as the reviews are generally more favourable and country of origin. No regrets when driving out as the tyres are very quiet, even more than the Premacy 3 they replaces despite being UHP tyres. And I am sure the tyres would not be noisy when they are old as my Superb came factory-fitted with Pirelli P7 and are still very quiet after 45,000km. But for that ride, most likely I am changing to PS5 as good to try out different tyres if costs are similar.

To add on, I am also very happy with the production dates of the P7C2 tyres - 1023. Very fresh indeed.

Huh...P7C2 is cheaper than Mic? I thot Mic is the numero uno in pricing...

I was looking for tires as well...all the quotes I got, prices of Mic is really obscene... :TT_TT:

On 5/15/2023 at 10:43 AM, Spidey10 said:

Huh...P7C2 is cheaper than Mic? I thot Mic is the numero uno in pricing...

I was looking for tires as well...all the quotes I got, prices of Mic is really obscene... :TT_TT:

P7C2 at $225 while Primacy 4 is at $185 lah. 

Supercharged
On 5/15/2023 at 12:34 PM, Heartlander said:

P7C2 at $225 while Primacy 4 is at $185 lah. 

sorry is the other way round....is it really P7 much more ex than PS4? unless Mic have promo? but not that i know of ah..

Pirelli is indeed better than Premacy in terms of noise and comfort. But the sad side is that the tyre wear off much faster. 

Supercharged

Maybe better comparison between the Pirelli and PS5?

On 5/15/2023 at 4:10 PM, 209752648026519 said:

Pirelli is indeed better than Premacy in terms of noise and comfort. But the sad side is that the tyre wear off much faster. 

My the other car is using P7 and still doing ok after 45,000km. Good enough for me already haha.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:19 PM, t0y0ta said:

Maybe better comparison between the Pirelli and PS5?

Think 215/55R17 profile not available under PS5. The tyre shop only have P7C2 and Primacy 4 anyway.

(edited)

I have just replaced my 17" stock tyres and rims on my Camry, after clocking 47,000km last month. This time change to Michelin PS5 235/45ZR18 from Spain. Also change the rim to full Alloy SSR GTX01 (Japan made).

20230531_104600.thumb.jpg.6f930b7f95b8dbdc9a7a84012f896854.jpg20230531_104549.thumb.jpg.86aaeb7c686ab2ddc1331afd969f1f3a.jpgAm enjoying the drive, very quiet and comfortable, very responsive, good road holding and handling on both dry and wet days.....no regrets although probably costs more than others.

Cost of tyres (after taking in my old tires for $110) = $1,250 ($312.50 per tyre). The full set of rims = $2,200.

Edited by Samlimlp
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
On 5/31/2023 at 11:36 AM, Samlimlp said:

I have just replaced my 17" stock tyres and rims on my Camry, after clocking 47,000km last month. This time change to Michelin PS5 235/45ZR18 from Spain. Also change the rim to full Alloy SSR GTX01 (Japan made).

20230531_104600.thumb.jpg.6f930b7f95b8dbdc9a7a84012f896854.jpg20230531_104549.thumb.jpg.86aaeb7c686ab2ddc1331afd969f1f3a.jpgAm enjoying the drive, very quiet and comfortable, very responsive, good road holding and handling on both dry and wet days.....no regrets although probably costs more than others.

Cost of tyres (after taking in my old tires for $110) = $1,250 ($312.50 per tyre). The full set of rims = $2,200.

Should put 19".

(edited)
On 6/1/2023 at 11:58 AM, ER-3682 said:

Should put 19".

Did thought about that. I had previous experience using 19" on a SUV.

Pros :

- more sporty, especially if your car are those big sporty models.

- generally means better handling.

- looks good, but only you have a good looking matching rims.

Cons :

- higher fuel consumption

- not as comfortable especially with thin profile tyres.

- more bumpy drive.

- costs more.

For me, Camry is more of a mid-size family sedan (although current model is more sportly design), 18" seems to be right-sized. 17" looks  somewhat under-sized, but it also provides a comfortable ride and better fuel consumption compared to 18".

Old uncle like me wants a comfortable smooth drive and ride for my family, so go for 18".

Edited by Samlimlp
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

@Samlimlp I am on 19",245/40-19 Tyres..Camry Suspension not very hard,i find it more comfortable than my Mazda 6 in 19'' Wheels.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1