GS automobile

Cartoon0512

chatted with Aaron of GS , very prompt reply from him .. but unfortunately not able to deal with him further due to the trade in issue ..  Will consider him again, when i am able to offload my current ride

chatted with Aaron of GS , very prompt reply from him .. but unfortunately not able to deal with him further due to the trade in issue ..  Will consider him again, when i am able to offload my current ride

I saw their fb advert on 0% or 10% downpayment etc. So I guess their selling point to be on high loan and overtrade.

This will be their main attraction for people to visit their showroom than Komoco's one.

If such deliverable can't be met, then no matter how good their upfront customer service to be also doesn't serve the purpose.

This is in comparison with PIs that they are able to work out a solution though their customer service could be lacking.

As end of the day, most importantly is to close the deal. 

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hi bros, anyone bought from GS Automobile? Are they reliable?

i can vouch for you that GS delivers  I sign on the beginning April and get my car before end of the month.

Only complaint.

1. No freebies or discount. same as Komoco

2.  give me wrong date to expect car mid May.  Then suddenly inform end april when coe secured.  say out of their control.

3.  Never give warning and register the car and tell the car is registered .  I missed retaining my car plate number.  Driver please go LTA website early to retain number plate number for the new car.  misunderstanding due to fast delivery.  some like it others dont when they got other plan.

All in all no complaints as they are just agent and depend on KOMOCO to give dateline

I purchased my Avante 2019 (the base model) from GS automative, so far (collected the car, but haven't reach 1k yet). All contract and paperwork is with KOMOCO letter head one. 

Date of first down payment is April 13 (COE was low at that time), car price is 71,999.

Loan wise: I went for 30% down payment, interest rate is 2.18%. 

Insurance wise: I went for the recommended one, it turns out to be SGD 1860 by AXA (My NCD is 0%, 35 years old male, married)

Collected my car on May 10, but there's still 3 freebies missing. 

Regard to the freebies, I'm not very active in chasing it and the sale person is not MIA. I believe I should be able to get it soon. 

• Praise 1

i can vouch for you that GS delivers  I sign on the beginning April and get my car before end of the month.

Only complaint.

2.  give me wrong date to expect car mid May.  Then suddenly inform end april when coe secured.  say out of their control.

3.  Never give warning and register the car and tell the car is registered .  I missed retaining my car plate number.  Driver please go LTA website early to retain number plate number for the new car.  misunderstanding due to fast delivery.  some like it others dont when they got other plan.

All in all no complaints as they are just agent and depend on KOMOCO to give dateline

Number 3 can still be done even after your car is registered if i am not wrong. Did you ask GS as per what was recommended in the Avante thread?

Unless you scraped your old car and chose to pay $100 to keep your number. By doing so, you can only use the number plate on a brand new car. 

Number 3 can still be done even after your car is registered if i am not wrong. Did you ask GS as per what was recommended in the Avante thread?

Unless you scraped your old car and chose to pay $100 to keep your number. By doing so, you can only use the number plate on a brand new car.

yes. lta say yes ...pay $1100 instead of $100.

anytime any car with number already issued can change plate number. cost 1000.

therefore i say my new car was issued with new plate number already.

if new car number not issued yet. yes it is $100

What’s the value add for getting from Ricky Tay or GS over komoco?

If the same, might as well get straight from komoco right?

I visited Komoco a few times (at least 2) before buying from GS (on the first visit, without test drive), reason: 

0) background:

* I visited both showroom in very casual way: T with jeans or T with 3 quarter short.

* I'm not tight on budget but I don't think I should spend much on car (as it'll be my wife first car, dent and scratch is expected)

* This is my first car in SG, so 0% NCD and no trade in. 

* GS is close to my in law place, so I literally walk from my in-law place to it. 

1) Sales person (and maybe the company pricing) is not to my liking. When I asked about the pricing and freebies, the sales person refer me to everything in the brochure politely and (in some case) ask when my current car COE will expire (which it's clearly probing how urgent you want/need a car), that's basically the end of the customer engagement

2) For GS automotive, I messaged it over Facebook that interested about pricing, then it offer me 2k discount over the list priced (as shown in Komoco price list @ SG carport). The catch is it takes out the 3 years free servicing (whether 3 year free servicing worth SGD 2k or not is a separate topic) 

Looking back: 

1) Komoco showroom is more presentable: The interior (lighting, flooring ad etc) is nicer, the sales person in Komoco is in formal attire as well.  GS is a bit like high end 2nd hand car dealer, probably it's because it tries to save electricity by not switching on all interior light. 

2) Sales person wise, Komoco one looks professional. As I didn't buy from Komoco, can't comment on the practise. For GS, I feel the sales person can be more professional one, he did made some mirror mistake like when should I be expecting letter from LTA. 

I visited Komoco a few times (at least 2) before buying from GS (on the first visit, without test drive), reason: 

0) background:

* I visited both showroom in very casual way: T with jeans or T with 3 quarter short.

* I'm not tight on budget but I don't think I should spend much on car (as it'll be my wife first car, dent and scratch is expected)

* GS is close to my in law place, so I literally walk from my in-law place to it. 

1) Sales person (and maybe the company pricing) is not to my liking. When I asked about the pricing and freebies, the sales person refer me to everything in the brochure politely and (in some case) ask when my current car COE will expire (which it's clearly probing how urgent you want/need a car), that's basically the end of the customer engagement

2) For GS automotive, I messaged it over Facebook that interested about pricing, then it offer me 2k discount over the list priced (as shown in Komoco price list @ SG carport). The catch is it takes out the 3 years free servicing (whether 3 year free servicing worth SGD 2k or not is a separate topic) 

Looking back: 

1) Komoco showroom is more presentable: The interior (lighting, flooring ad etc) is nicer, the sales person in Komoco is in formal attire as well.  GS is a bit like high end 2nd hand car dealer, probably it's because it tries to save electricity by not switching on all interior light. 

2) Sales person wise, Komoco one looks professional. As I didn't buy from Komoco, can't comment on the practise. For GS, I feel the sales person can be more professional one, he did made some mirror mistake like when should I be expecting letter from LTA. 

I re-read about twice on what you posted but I still don't know why you choose GS other than it is nearer to your in-law place since you mentioned about Komoco having more professional staffs and more presentable showroom.

I re-read about twice on what you posted but I still don't know why you choose GS other than it is nearer to your in-law place since you mentioned about Komoco having more professional staffs and more presentable showroom.

I buy car, not showroom or the sales person. 

I purchased my Avante 2019 (the base model) from GS automative, so far (collected the car, but haven't reach 1k yet). All contract and paperwork is with KOMOCO letter head one. 

Date of first down payment is April 13 (COE was low at that time), car price is 71,999.

Loan wise: I went for 30% down payment, interest rate is 2.18%. 

Insurance wise: I went for the recommended one, it turns out to be SGD 1860 by AXA (My NCD is 0%, 35 years old male, married)

Collected my car on May 10, but there's still 3 freebies missing. 

Regard to the freebies, I'm not very active in chasing it and the sale person is not MIA. I believe I should be able to get it soon. 

A quick update on the 3 missing freebies: The sale person is pulling off some stunt (like I made a mistake, the freebies is only applicable if you take 7 years loan) now. 

• Praise 1

0) background:

1) For Komoco, Sales person (and maybe the company pricing) is not to my liking. When I asked about the pricing and freebies, the sales person refer me to everything in the brochure politely and (in some case) ask when my current car COE will expire (which it's clearly probing how urgent you want/need a car), that's basically the end of the customer engagement

Looking back: 

Edit the 1st bullet point. 

Only complaint.

Hate to say, this story didn't end well, the freebies is re-interpreted as included already or not qualified anymore. 

Check here for update: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/sharing-gs-automotive-hyundai-new-car-6054951.html

(edited)

I buy car, not showroom or the sales person. 

Yeah.. Maybe GS's Hyundai car has a better spec than what Komoco is offering  [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

Edited by Huuray