LTA buys electric buses from China

Stooky

20 single-deck electric buses each from BYD and ST Engineering Land Systems

10 single-deck and 10 double-deck electric buses from Yutong

The buses will progressively arrive in Singapore from next year, with the final batch delivered in 2020

Source: The Straits Times

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

20 single-deck electric buses each from BYD and ST Engineering Land Systems

10 single-deck and 10 double-deck electric buses from Yutong

The buses will progressively arrive in Singapore from next year, with the final batch delivered in 2020

Source: The Straits Times

Quite normal. China is the prime of electric vehicle now.

They control high % of raw material for battery also.

Congo ? (I think so)

• Praise 2

Twincharged

During my trip to Hainan in May, tried the electric bus there.

not much diff but bus is smaller. and very much quieter, except for the commuters talking.

I am guessing that the SG electric buses will only ply those feeder routes as the batts might not be able to tahan bedok to jurong.

but one thing that was GREAT was it only cost RMB 1cent if you pay by wechat,

cash is rmb$2.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

Quite normal. China is the prime of electric vehicle now.

They control high % of raw material for battery also.

Congo ? (I think so)

Congo is cobalt which is required for Li-on batteries.

Yes the chinese have secured supplies there.

• Praise 1

So... these Chinese buses will sneak up quietly on you... just like Chinese immigrants sneaking up quietly on our population numbers?

:D

• Praise 4

During my trip to Hainan in May, tried the electric bus there.

not much diff but bus is smaller. and very much quieter, except for the commuters talking.

I am guessing that the SG electric buses will only ply those feeder routes as the batts might not be able to tahan bedok to jurong.

but one thing that was GREAT was it only cost RMB 1cent if you pay by wechat,

cash is rmb$2.

My fren working Siemen told me it definitely can do more than you said.

So... these Chinese buses will sneak up quietly on you... just like Chinese immigrants sneaking up quietly on our population numbers?

I don't mind Chinese migrants sneaking up as long as it is from Beijing or Shanghai.

:XD:  :XD:

Twincharged

I also guessing only lah ... about both the mileage and route.

I don't mind Chinese migrants sneaking up as long as it is from Beijing or Shanghai.

:XD::XD:

ATBCPJHJ. [laugh]
  • Praise 1

actually I dont see anything wrong if our principle is to get the best, faster and cheapest

as for the Chinese immigrant issue: it is not the fault of Chinese because if the gates are not open, nothing can get through including fart, this issue of immigrant is not something new, in fact we are all in fact immigrants in one way or another; i guess the discomfort is we are loosing our identity but then again who is responsible, let me guess Thaipusam cannot have drums, but St Patrick Day can close road, Thai Songkran is celebrated at RC in a big way etc. 

Unfortunately, the retail love them for their $$$$ they bring in.

We have a tendency to put them down like they are some uncivilized animals but China is not homogenous and contains billion over of people in different stages of development. If you think they are uncivilized, what do you when your government promote Medical tourism in PUBLIC hospitals and PAY agents (more than a nurse earns in a year) to bring in foreign patients at the expense of our locals. Our locals have to be bed in corridors and tents. So who are the animals in reality. 

It is in the genes of the Chinese to do well and survive, I understand there is a billionaire being created in China every 2 days or so (from Forbes). We have to import them to make ourselves look good. 

We complain they are poorly mannered but we citizens have been called daft in front of the world and yet we accept it lying down. At least the Chinese have the guts to fight back.

This coming century is the China's century and those ignore this fact would be at their perils. Even the current president's grand daughters are learning Chinese.

So please stop blaming the immigrants, we are the deciding factor. 

• Praise 13

Good luck!

BYD is well known in the world ..... slowly but surely .... I sat in their cab in UK ...... was good .... though very plasticy
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

I raised this question before to my fren.

Just saw the picture of the supposed electric bus... Definitely bigger than what I sat in hainan.... So perhaps youare right... can tahan further.
↡ Advertisement