So how these marking on road work?

commonjunks

n3XbMra.jpg

Do a person waiting in lane 1 have access to all 1,2,3 lane on straight road?

I was in lane 2 while turning right, but when i try filtering in lane 3 this bike standing in lane 1 want to get in lane 3 and start showing me gestures like i should have gone in lane 4.

After he filtering in 3rd lane, he went back to lane 1 to get in MBFC car park.

↡ Advertisement

n3XbMra.jpg

Do a person waiting in lane 1 have access to all 1,2,3 lane on straight road?

I was in lane 2 while turning right, but when i try filtering in lane 3 this bike standing in lane 1 want to get in lane 3 and start showing me gestures like i should have gone in lane 4.

After he filtering in 3rd lane, he went back to lane 1 to get in MBFC car park.

If u ask me, my answer will be a NO, u follow the pocket. There is an offence called incorrect forming up at a junction. 

unless its one turning lane into 3 or 4 pockets on the turn then yes. one by one has access to all pockets then to the lanes.

There was Bus and car on left lane (beside me), Bus took the 5th lane and car took the 4th.

So i could only stay in 3rd lane or apply brake in the middle of the road to let other cut in my lane, but ang-moh biker didn't gave much thought as he think he had right of way. Its not i die die don't want to give way but he was driving at back of my car and i can't see him at all (touch wood if he would have hit me, i would be at fault  [:(] , because we suppose to look out for biker/cyclist/pedestrian).

The way the waiting pockets are painted, the first pocket does indeed points towards lane 3.  Can't blame the biker.

Given the lack of commonsense and poor driving/judgement of sillypoor drivers, LTA perhaps should consider extending the dotted lines all the way to the correct lanes on the right.

Then there won't be any argument who's right or wrong.

(edited)

The way the waiting pockets are painted, the first pocket does indeed points towards lane 3.  Can't blame the biker.

Given the lack of commonsense and poor driving/judgement of sillypoor drivers, LTA perhaps should consider extending the dotted lines all the way to the correct lanes on the right.

Then there won't be any argument who's right or wrong.

So where does it lead to the people who are waiting in lane 2 when bus and car in 3rd lane already took over 5th and 4th lane?

Interesting fact about dotted line to other end, from cantonment road toward Tiong Bahru side (just after police station), at junction there are 5 lanes.

1 goes right, 2,3 go straight and 4 & 5 merge (and there is yellow dotted line start from lane 3 all they way join to other end). But a lot of people in lane 4 start pushing traffic from lane 3 to lane 2, so even LTA draw line it does't matter as they will still try to push themselves in the lane which seems empty to them without paying any attention if they suppose to be in that lane or not.

4pbtwof.jpg

Edited by commonjunks
↡ Advertisement