The legend - 金庸 RIP

Yeshe

v difficult to have conclusion. in 神雕 , 降龙十八掌 is not the most powerful liao, having lost out to 金轮法王, which in turn lost out to 黯然销魂掌.

and in 倚天, it's not even worth a mention anymore cos beggar clan so weak by then...

but in 天龙八部, it was one of the most powerful.

winner though, must be the 扫地僧。noone even comes close...

Actually, they said 段誉 ‘s 六脉神剑 is more powerful, but because only he can master it, the martial art cannot pass down anymore, by the time left only 一阳指 but still enough to become one of top 4 martial art master.

v difficult to have conclusion. in 神雕 , 降龙十八掌 is not the most powerful liao, having lost out to 金轮法王, which in turn lost out to 黯然销魂掌.

and in 倚天, it's not even worth a mention anymore cos beggar clan so weak by then...

Actually, they said 段誉 ‘s 六脉神剑 is more powerful, but because only he can master it, the martial art cannot pass down anymore, by the time left only 一阳指 but still enough to become one of top 4 martial art master.

• Praise 1

Actually, they said æ®µèª âs å­èç¥å is more powerful, but because only he can master it, the martial art cannot pass down anymore, by the time left only ä¸é³æ but still enough to become one of top 4 martial art master.

Actually, they said æ®µèª âs å­èç¥å is more powerful, but because only he can master it, the martial art cannot pass down anymore, by the time left only ä¸é³æ but still enough to become one of top 4 martial art master.

I actually mastered 绝学 中冲剑 from 六脉神剑, thought can 独步江湖, but seems like everyone also know leh.
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

RIP 金庸. I was wondering last night why the radio kept describing his life until my wife told me that he just passed away :(

I had not read all of 金庸’s novels, but I enjoyed popular ones which I had read, and I had read them over and over again, while fantasizing myself mastering some of those martial arts such as 易筋经, 九阳神功, 乾坤大挪移 and 六脉神剑. I remember when I was in primary school, my father rented the video tapes of 射雕英雄传 and 神雕侠侣, and my eyes would be glued to the television whenever he played the tapes. I suspected that my high myopia was developed at that time as a result :) I recall once I even refused to visit my grandmother because I wanted to catch the next episode.

While alive and when asked during an interview which character was the most powerful in martial arts among all his novels, 金庸 did not answer directly except hinting that in general those characters in the earlier eras were more powerful than those later. By his own admission, 萧峰 in 天龙八部 was more powerful than 洪七公 and 郭靖 who appeared later in 射雕英雄传 and 神雕侠侣, although all three had mastered 降龙十八掌. In fact, it was 降龙二十四掌 in 萧峰’s time before he streamlined it to become what was later well-known as 降龙十八掌. Furthermore, 一阳指 which was among the most powerful skills in 射雕英雄传 and 神雕侠侣 was not as highly rated in the earlier era when the story in 天龙八部 took place.

However, the most highly skilled characters were certainly not the lead characters, and I would definitely count among them the floor-sweeping monk in 天龙八部, 逍遥子 who founded 逍遥派 in the same novel, and the legendary sword devil 独孤败 who never ever appeared in person, but left behind his 无剑胜有剑 skill-practising methods and 独孤九剑 skill which were subsequently acquired by 杨过 and 令狐冲 in 神雕侠侣 and 笑傲江湖 respectively.

• Praise 5

J. R. R. Tolkien maybe instead of j.k rowling [sly]

i would say tolkien's books aren't nice to read at all. Dam boring his books. I read 100+ pages of LOTR buay tahan, even though I'm a big fan of the movies. It doesn't translate well to modern story telling.

Jin Yong is >> Tolkien. 

• Praise 1

I actually mastered 绝学 中冲剑 from 六脉神剑, thought can 独步江湖, but seems like everyone also know leh.

post-17508-0-66782100-1540974877_thumb.png

Edited by Atrecord
  • Praise 1

Xiao Feng was taught shaolin nei gong as his base (due to the abbot trying to make up for his "mistake").

So its the best nei jia xin fa + best wai jia zhang fa.

Guo Jing could have conceivably be more powerful but he's 

i) naturally not smart, so limiting his potential

ii) helping resist the mongols so he spent his time being a war leader rather than actually honing his skills. Hence why Jin Lun fa wang could defeat him rather easily after the separation of 16 years when they were equals when yang guo was a boy.

RIP 金庸. I was wondering last night why the radio kept describing his life until my wife told me that he just passed away :(

I had not read all of 金庸’s novels, but I enjoyed popular ones which I had read, and I had read them over and over again, while fantasizing myself mastering some of those martial arts such as 易筋经, 九阳神功, 乾坤大挪移 and 六脉神剑. I remember when I was in primary school, my father rented the video tapes of 射雕英雄传 and 神雕侠侣, and my eyes would be glued to the television whenever he played the tapes. I suspected that my high myopia was developed at that time as a result :) I recall once I even refused to visit my grandmother because I wanted to catch the next episode.

While alive and when asked during an interview which character was the most powerful in martial arts among all his novels, 金庸 did not answer directly except hinting that in general those characters in the earlier eras were more powerful than those later. By his own admission, 萧峰 in 天龙八部 was more powerful than 洪七公 and 郭靖 who appeared later in 射雕英雄传 and 神雕侠侣, although all three had mastered 降龙十八掌. In fact, it was 降龙二十四掌 in 萧峰’s time before he streamlined it to become what was later well-known as 降龙十八掌. Furthermore, 一阳指 which was among the most powerful skills in 射雕英雄传 and 神雕侠侣 was not as highly rated in the earlier era when the story in 天龙八部 took place.

However, the most highly skilled characters were certainly not the lead characters, and I would definitely count among them the floor-sweeping monk in 天龙八部, 逍遥子 who founded 逍遥派 in the same novel, and the legendary sword devil 独孤败 who never ever appeared in person, but left behind his 无剑胜有剑 skill-practising methods and 独孤九剑 skill which were subsequently acquired by 杨过 and 令狐冲 in 神雕侠侣 and 笑傲江湖 respectively.

i would say tolkien's books aren't nice to read at all. Dam boring his books. I read 100+ pages of LOTR buay tahan, even though I'm a big fan of the movies. It doesn't translate well to modern story telling.

Jin Yong is >> Tolkien. 

i read his orginal paperback lotr.

he went into alot of very small details,

u really need alot of patience to finish the book .

took me about 2 months :XD:

Turbocharged

SSBD.. [laugh]   Diferent types of heros

tiko tigongkia hero - 韦小宝

actually 郭靖 also a tigong kia...

at first silly and low SES

but managed to marry his first and only love, had 3 beautiful kids (dragon phoenix twins somemore)

career wise also progressed well

upgraded his skills to be the best in the industry, then became the CEO for Xiangyang city

got excellent reputation, got respect, got legacy... what more to ask for :D

• Praise 8

Supercharged

Xiao Feng was taught shaolin nei gong as his base (due to the abbot trying to make up for his "mistake").

So its the best nei jia xin fa + best wai jia zhang fa.

Guo Jing could have conceivably be more powerful but he's 

i) naturally not smart, so limiting his potential

ii) helping resist the mongols so he spent his time being a war leader rather than actually honing his skills. Hence why Jin Lun fa wang could defeat him rather easily after the separation of 16 years when they were equals when yang guo was a boy.

In the version of 神雕侠侣 which I read, 金轮法王 did not spar with 郭靖 after re-emerging sixteen years later upon mastering level ten of 龙象般若功. If 金轮法王 had to fight one whole day with 裘千仞, who was not among the most highly skilled in his era, in order to defeat the latter, I doubt 金轮法王 would be able to defeat 郭靖, much less defeat him easily :)

Oops, I had a typo error in my earlier post; it should be 降龙廿八掌 in 萧峰's era by the way before he streamlined it to become eighteen palms.

• Praise 5

RIP to Jin Yong.... [:(]

In summary Jin Yong Novels can be summarize in this :

(source from FB:)

The Book And The Sword- My enemy is my brother

The Legend of The Condor Heroes - My father's best friend's son is my enemy

The Return Of The Condor Heroes - My father's enemy (who is the son of my father's best friend) wants to be my best friend. Also my teacher is my girlfriend

Demigods and Semidevils- Oops I accidentally killed my girlfriend and now her sister wants to be my girlfriend. Also, my girlfriend is my sister. Also, I didn't plan on having a girlfriend but we were tricked into having sex and here we are...

Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre - Girlfriend #1 became my enemy, Girlfriend #2 is my employee and Girlfriend #3 was my enemy. Also the one that got away because she was ugly AF came back to life looking really hot

The Wandering Swordsman - My boss's daughter wants to be my girlfriend and her husband is a eunuch

The Deer and The Cauldron- My friend is the enemy of my other friends

A Deadly Secret- My girlfriend married my enemy, dies, and now I am providing child support to her daughter

The Sword Stained With Royal Blood - I hung out with the wrong friends

Flying Fox of Snow Mountain - The cold is nobody's friend

Sword of the Yue Maiden - If you have actually read this book, you have no friends

• Praise 4

In the version of ç¥éä¾ ä¾£ which I read, éè½®æ³ç did not spar with é­é after re-emerging sixteen years later upon mastering level ten of é¾è±¡è¬è¥å. If éè½®æ³ç had to fight one whole day with è£åä», who was not among the most highly skilled in his era, in order to defeat the latter, I doubt éè½®æ³ç would be able to defeat é­é, much less defeat him easily :)

Oops, I had a typo error in my earlier post; it should be éé¾å»¿å«æ in è§å³°'s era by the way before he streamlined it to become eighteen palms.

It's been a while since I read shen diao. But I've read both versions before. Maybe time to refresh

In the version of ç¥éä¾ ä¾£ which I read, éè½®æ³ç did not spar with é­é after re-emerging sixteen years later upon mastering level ten of é¾è±¡è¬è¥å. If éè½®æ³ç had to fight one whole day with è£åä», who was not among the most highly skilled in his era, in order to defeat the latter, I doubt éè½®æ³ç would be able to defeat é­é, much less defeat him easily :)

Oops, I had a typo error in my earlier post; it should be éé¾å»¿å«æ in è§å³°'s era by the way before he streamlined it to become eighteen palms.

It's been a while since I read shen diao. But I've read both versions before. Maybe time to refresh

actually é­é also a tigong kia...

but managed to marry his first and only love, had 3 beautiful kids (dragon phoenix twins somemore)

upgraded his skills to be the best in the industry, then became the CEO for Xiangyang city

Knn your description sibeh hoh! Very relevant in modern day's context.

You never mention his first and only love is kan chio, smart and got powerful father with high ses background. :D

• Praise 2

actually é­é also a tigong kia...

Err...小宝 more tigong

Compare with 郭靖

He does not have a proper lineage and even lower ses.

He has 7 wives....all lovely except the princess

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1