Small electric porridge pot.

Neutrino

I'm looking for a small porridge maker for my mil who just eats a very small amount of porridge due to dysphagia.

Small one on Qoo100 but instructions etc in Japanese.

Seen a 0.5l one in Courts but wonder if there is anything smaller anywhere here.

Edited by Neutrino
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i bought this from Courts, though it stated 0.8L the actual pot is quite small, good for 2 person, I mainly use it for double boiled soup but it have a few functions.

db793e08-c96c-405a-a7a4-d20716bb3dba.jpg

https://www.lazada.sg/products/bear-ddz-a08d1-08l-smart-water-isolated-multi-stew-electric-slow-cooker-for-baby-porridge-bird-nest-soup-i278333924-s429881932.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.49.21712d77SLVPcS&search=1

• Praise 2

i bought this from Courts, though it stated 0.8L the actual pot is quite small, good for 2 person, I mainly use it for double boiled soup but it have a few functions.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/bear-ddz-a08d1-08l-smart-water-isolated-multi-stew-electric-slow-cooker-for-baby-porridge-bird-nest-soup-i278333924-s429881932.html?spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.49.21712d77SLVPcS&search=1

Wa can cook bird nest le?! Lol.

• Praise 1

I'm looking for a small porridge maker for my mil who just eats a very small amount of porridge due to dysphagia.

Seen a 0.5l one in Courts but wonder if there is anything smaller anywhere here.

Slow cooker suitable or not?

I sort of remember having one small one at home, which we didn't use as we use an XL, not a XS size [laugh]

If can find, can let you have it... if can find...

(edited)

Slow cooker suitable or not?

I sort of remember having one small one at home, which we didn't use as we use an XL, not a XS size [laugh]

If can find, can let you have it... if can find...

Thanks for the offer.

Very kind.

But we have slow cooker already want something a bit faster.

My mil can take 1.5hrs to eat just half of a small bowl of porridge.

That's why we are looking for a small congee cooker.

Can't praise you yet as require seven more first.

Thanks, my missus saw this at Courts last night but still bigger than we want.

Can't praise you yet as require five more first.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

jman. this one inside got water pot for double boiling or just electrical heating (cos it seems the pot is not flush with the outside exterior, got gap) ?

i kinda doubt u can find something smaller than 0.7L slow cookers. or the 0.8L shown by jman.

jman. this one inside got water pot for double boiling or just electrical heating (cos it seems the pot is not flush with the outside exterior, got gap) ?

inside must put water then the pot, i use it to boil soup and 甜汤 dessert.

can also do half boiled egg. 

it says 0.8L but by the time you put in the ingredient, like pork rib, carrot etc, in the end you only get 2 bowl max.

i kinda doubt u can find something smaller than 0.7L slow cookers. or the 0.8L shown by jman.

got mini rice cooker (0.3L to 0.5L) that can also use for porridge, but then the physical side of the product not much different from the one i post. 

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/TOYOMI-MINI-RICE-COOKER-0-4L-MODEL-RCA-10-OFFICIAL-TOYOMI-WARRANTY/420013968?jaehuid=2026058764&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvcbFrrSy3gIViQoqCh2HFQUWEAQYBCABEgJk4_D_BwE

this one is 0.4L, I think smallest you can get liao, any smaller you need to cook in a 250ml cup liao... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think this brand can get from giant, I remember seeing something similar at giant IMM.. ^_^

• Praise 1

inside must put water then the pot, i use it to boil soup and 甜汤 dessert.

can also do half boiled egg. 

cool, then can double boil.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/TOYOMI-MINI-RICE-COOKER-0-4L-MODEL-RCA-10-OFFICIAL-TOYOMI-WARRANTY/420013968?jaehuid=2026058764&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvcbFrrSy3gIViQoqCh2HFQUWEAQYBCABEgJk4_D_BwE

this one is 0.4L, I think smallest you can get liao, any smaller you need to cook in a 250ml cup liao... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think this brand can get from giant, I remember seeing something similar at giant IMM.. ^_^

Any idea how to cook congee.

Panasonic got 0.3l rice cooker.. can cook porridge.. 

https://www.lazada.sg/products/panasonic-03l-small-rice-cooker-i249709272-s387049244.html

Thanks.

Any idea how to use to cook congee?

Any idea how to cook congee.

Thanks.

Any idea how to use to cook congee?

what I do for congee ( the sticky sticky one) is i soak the rice overnight, and use hand to rub  them the next day before cooking. The rice will break into smaller pcs, the water will become chalky. Then I put the water and the rice all together into the cooker and boil them, once boiled i open up the cover and keep stirring until become very sticky.  Add some Japanese rice ( those short grain rice if you want that smooth feel). 

Also for congee cannot use those good rice ( so call old rice)  for cooking "rice", use those cheap broken rice is better. More chui more sticky and smooth.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

what I do for congee ( the sticky sticky one) is i soak the rice overnight, and use hand to rub them the next day before cooking. The rice will break into smaller pcs, the water will become chalky. Then I put the water and the rice all together into the cooker and boil them, once boiled i open up the cover and keep stirring until become very sticky. Add some Japanese rice ( those short grain rice if you want that smooth feel).

Also for congee cannot use those good rice ( so call old rice) for cooking "rice", use those cheap broken rice is better. More chui more sticky and smooth. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

When I was in Beijing, I cooked porridge using 東北大米。

I put rice in rice cooker the night before and switch on timer.

I have rice porridge for breakfast.

Lot of helpful advice in this thread thanks.

Cannot praise a lot of you because I have to praise more people before I can praise you again .

Sorry.