Car insurance questions and answers

Discoburg

I am with MSIG motor insurance. Had an accident recently. Wanted to bring my ride to Lye Design to repair it. However Mei informed me that they are not an authorised workshop. I informed her that my insurance allows me to go to any workshop but she said they still can't repair for me. 

Does anyone knows why i can't go to certain workshops to settle the accident claims and yet mine is any workshops?

↡ Advertisement

simple. Not all workshops do claims. Most small workshops don't do that, they simply do not have the manpower nor the money to hire people for that. 

Nothing to do with the insurance policy.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3

Oh. The replies i get from a small and big workshop is they are not authorised under MSIG. 

That really made me shocked as i even told them mine is all workshops but they still said cannot.

simple. Not all workshops do claims. Most small workshops don't do that, they simply do not have the manpower nor the money to hire people for that. 

Nothing to do with the insurance policy.

Oh. The replies i get from a small and big workshop is they are not authorised under MSIG. 

That really made me shocked as i even told them mine is all workshops but they still said cannot.

ok. Are you making an Own Damage claim ? 

The workshop now told me cannot make claims on my own insurance cause they had started work on my ride already? Does it work that way even thought i had went to MSIG reporting centre and made the report and they taken photos of my ride?

I’m 22 yrs old in Indiana driving an 04’ Kia Spectra w/ 200k mi (worthless vehicle, honestly). I’ve been in 2 accidents: Once I accidentally backed into my parents car in their driveway (State Farm considers this a not a fault accident, not sure why) & the other time my car was hit by someone else while parked on the street, which was also not at fault. I’m still paying $139/month for full coverage w/ Progressive & my deductible’s are at $2,000. I have shopped around and for whatever reason everyone that I’ve looked into is similar. Am I paying too much? Or am I not looking in the right places?

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

I’m 22 yrs old in Indiana driving an 04’ Kia Spectra w/ 200k mi (worthless vehicle, honestly). I’ve been in 2 accidents: Once I accidentally backed into my parents car in their driveway (State Farm considers this a not a fault accident, not sure why) & the other time my car was hit by someone else while parked on the street, which was also not at fault. I’m still paying $139/month for full coverage w/ Progressive & my deductible’s are at $2,000. I have shopped around and for whatever reason everyone that I’ve looked into is similar. Am I paying too much? Or am I not looking in the right places?

any one read that??

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

Just switch over from AIG.  

Online application soon soon, they even have free breakdown tow lor.

But the authorized ws is abit short, if you accident prone, avoid.

As for AIG, claim window screen INCLUDE film one.  My is rookcool (can't even spell correct, whatever)

Anyone using FWD Insurance?  Any bad experience with them?

• Praise 1

Just switch over from AIG.

Online application soon soon, they even have free breakdown tow lor.

But the authorized ws is abit short, if you accident prone, avoid.

As for AIG, claim window screen INCLUDE film one. My is rookcool (can't even spell correct, whatever)

Rikecool
  • Praise 1

I am with MSIG motor insurance. Had an accident recently. Wanted to bring my ride to Lye Design to repair it. However Mei informed me that they are not an authorised workshop. I informed her that my insurance allows me to go to any workshop but she said they still can't repair for me. 

Does anyone knows why i can't go to certain workshops to settle the accident claims and yet mine is any workshops?

Motor Max - Authorized Workshop 

Motor Max Plus - Any Workshop

Fyi workshop sometimes pick and choose insurance companies especially for OWN Damages claim. 

They know insurance company is not a CAT, willingly to pay decent rates. 

My new car comes with compulsory 1st year car insurance with AIG. This is my first time with AIG. There is issue with NCD calculation with them. I am not convinced what they said about my NCD (10% difference). How may i, on my own or ask 3rd party, to check/verify what is my NCD as of now?

1 hour ago, Fibo said:

My new car comes with compulsory 1st year car insurance with AIG. This is my first time with AIG. There is issue with NCD calculation with them. I am not convinced what they said about my NCD (10% difference). How may i, on my own or ask 3rd party, to check/verify what is my NCD as of now?

Wnat exactly do you think the error in NCD is? Post here, got many lao sifu, maybe can advise. 

But easiest way to check NCD on record is to try to get a quote from another company, talk to a CSO (customer service officer) and enquire casually about current NCD. You can also act blur and ask about NCD protector, then they will reply it only applies when NCD hits 50 percent, which gives you an opening to ask about your current NCD. But usually this is openly revealed, and they're all sharing the same database. 

↡ Advertisement