Full-time national serviceman dies after accident with Bionix during training 03 Nov 18

Raubern

Why is it scdf report police n not mindef charge the nsfs?

The 5 nsfs belong to SCDF, so SCDF file the police report on their own nsfs.

The report mentioned that SAF is investigating the posting of another pic, likely from SAF personnel.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No bottom hatch right?

Theoretically is possible turtle in soft ground cannot get out? Can die of thirst?

Have. I have only gotten out thru bottom hatch ONCE. And its during on course. Now i think it will be very very tough for my fat body to squirm through

should be a criminal offence likely under official secrets act under the Singapore statutes, so investigation under the Police while MINDEF will be internal disciplinary in consultation with the Police after the court case.

This really stupid lor... there's nothing secret about the rover or bionix.

It's about mindef losing face.

Imagine some one tell you. :"oh your son died, so sorry you needed to find out from Facebook.. you know we need to fill out reports and get our PR team together first instead of informing you first....priorities you know ..."

As a parent and nsman. I'll fxxk them upside down and publicly thank the 5 chaps..

They value bureaucracy more than the men who die in service

• Praise 1

Have. I have only gotten out thru bottom hatch ONCE. And its during on course. Now i think it will be very very tough for my fat body to squirm through

Hey.. that means in the rain, you can pang sai directly from inside the tank without getting wet, muddy, mosquito bitten??

Guess you are amx13. Tot Leo no bottom hatch.

should be a criminal offence likely under official secrets act under the Singapore statutes, so investigation under the Police while MINDEF will be internal disciplinary in consultation with the Police after the court case.  

when LKY announce Chiam ST GCE "o" level results to the whole world, nobody complain about privacy issue.

• Praise 3

ATEC leh, closed hatch. In unfamiliar and pitch black terrain, night movement ending with dawn attack (Fire base) + I'm a gunner by training. Before that, I hardly drove ...... If comms down, I think will declare veh down sia. Too dangerous. At night how to see guiding stick ? 

But anyway, even if tank overturn, the driver and gunner is the safest

wah gunner can drive meh?

yah, if tactical and at night, guiding stick is impossible...

driver and gunner will be safe meh? if close-hatch, then driver won't fall out. But if open hatch, then got chance to fly out...

So you were using SM1?

• Praise 2

Police already very busy.. Now everything also report to police. Make police even more busy.

There is no set punishment for leaking classified documents for scdf that need to report to police?

I mean let's not talk about whether scdf done the right thing or not.. But it's more towards the guidelines and set rules set out for punishment with regard to leaking classified documents (not the picture, but if there is any other situations where classified information is leaked).

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Knn... I say these 5 folks did more for their dead comrade than anything else, at least people know what happened.

If not, even now will also no hear no trail what happened.

Imagine the parents reportedly only knew their sons death from Facebook.

To hell with the authorities. Pussies i say those guys r.

Accident happen and dun wan take responsibilities and find other reasons to tekan whistleblowers.

Cb one. Really low ball thesr authothorities

Why is it scdf report police n not mindef charge the nsfs?

Scdf no balls to sue chanelnewsasia for posting the pic as well?

Cb double standard. Phui the authority

• Praise 5

This was mindef statement before the photos were leaked.

//

" He lost consciousness and was attended to immediately by the on-site medic," Mindef said.

//

Kanna pancaked already - how can the medic attend to him?

• Praise 3

This was mindef statement before the photos were leaked.

//

" He lost consciousness and was attended to immediately by the on-site medic," Mindef said.

//

Kanna pancaked already - how can the medic attend to him?

Kinda like smrt saying trains "contacted".. each other.

Actually...by going out to get the scdf guys, it's EXACTLY like smrt previously saying people cannot share news of train breakdown unless smart say so...

• Praise 2

I am guessing the reason why the 5 were or eventually charge for uploading pictures may possibly be because of sensitive information found on the photo in particular the Bionix.

Suspose if a tactical instrument is exposed by way of photo uploaded on the internet, it woul in reality make the entire Bionix obsolete. That is perhaps why the military all over the world zealously prevent individuals from taking photographs on their site otherwise you may be prostituted.

The other possible reason is making the 5 scapegoats to re-inforce to the public (especially NS men or reservist) NOT to take photos otherwise the onsequences may be detrimental to your well being.

Lastly I am also guessing is the investigations are not over, and photos like this misinterpreted by the untrained public may create a revolution. Conspiracy theory would say like that how to cover-up to make small of the issue and blame everyone except themselves.

In any case, it is unfortunate event, lets really hope NO more such cases. 

when such incidents happen, it disturbs me a lot when a now minister claim delivering babies are just as tough and dangerous as service in NS (military)

• Praise 1

I am guessing the reason why the 5 were or eventually charge for uploading pictures may possibly be because of sensitive information found on the photo in particular the Bionix.

Suspose if a tactical instrument is exposed by way of photo uploaded on the internet, it woul in reality make the entire Bionix obsolete. That is perhaps why the military all over the world zealously prevent individuals from taking photographs on their site otherwise you may be prostituted.

The other possible reason is making the 5 scapegoats to re-inforce to the public (especially NS men or reservist) NOT to take photos otherwise the onsequences may be detrimental to your well being.

Lastly I am also guessing is the investigations are not over, and photos like this misinterpreted by the untrained public may create a revolution. Conspiracy theory would say like that how to cover-up to make small of the issue and blame everyone except themselves.

when such incidents happen, it disturbs me a lot when a now minister claim delivering babies are just as tough and dangerous as service in NS (military)

Do who determine it? Surely not scdf right? As this Pic is under saf. So how come scdf go make police report in their NSF? It should be sad doing the job right?

It's a prohibited place under the Official Secrets Act. sec 5a. They can't just take any photo and post online. 

“prohibited place” means —

(a) any work of defence, arsenal, naval, military or air force establishment, barrack, camp or station, factory, dockyard, mine, minefield, ship or aircraft belonging to or occupied by or on behalf of the armed forces or any telegraph, telephone, wireless or signal station or office so belonging or occupied, and any place belonging to or occupied by or on behalf of the armed forces and used for the purpose of building, repairing, making, proving, testing or storing any munitions of war, or any photographs, drawings, plans, models or documents relating thereto, or for the purpose of getting or storing any metals, oil, mechanical transport spirit or aviation spirit or minerals of use in time of war;

Wrongful communication, etc., of information 5.—(1)  If any person having in his possession or control any secret official code word, countersign or password, or any photograph, drawing, plan, model, article, note, document or information which — (a) relates to or is used in a prohibited place or anything in such a place; (b) relates to munitions of war; (c) has been made or obtained in contravention of this Act; (d) has been entrusted in confidence to him by any person holding office under the Government; or (e) he has obtained, or to which he has had access, owing to his position as a person who holds or has held office under the Government, or as a person who holds, or has held a contract made on behalf of the Government or any specified organisation, or as a person who is or has been employed under a person who holds or has held such an office or contract, does any of the following: (i) communicates directly or indirectly any such information or thing as aforesaid to any foreign Power other than a foreign Power to whom he is duly authorised to communicate it, or to any person other than a person to whom he is authorised to communicate it or to whom it is his duty to communicate it; (ii) uses any such information or thing as aforesaid for the benefit of any foreign Power other than a foreign Power for whose benefit he is authorised to use it, or in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interests of Singapore; (iii) retains in his possession or control any such thing as aforesaid when he has no right to retain it, or when it is contrary to his duty to retain it, or fails to comply with all lawful directions issued by lawful authority with regard to the return or disposal thereof; (iv) fails to take reasonable care of, or so conducts himself as to endanger the safety or secrecy of, any such information or thing as aforesaid, that person shall be guilty of an offence.

Do who determine it? Surely not scdf right? As this Pic is under saf. So how come scdf go make police report in their NSF? It should be sad doing the job right?

SAF compound but I think SCDF staff (those emergency ambulance officer who went down to the scene) who spread the photos online? 

• Praise 2

You know they parade this piece of crap during ndp and army open house right? Have you even looked at the pic?

The only military secret exposed by the photo shared by scdf is that the army spokesperson was lying about the deceased being attended to by a medic immediately when he was actually stuck in the Rover.

And that this vehicle is accident prone and has more blue kills than red ones.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 2

Kinda like smrt saying trains "contacted".. each other.

Actually...by going out to get the scdf guys, it's EXACTLY like smrt previously saying people cannot share news of train breakdown unless smart say so...

Tiagong fake news Chinese media even used the words 抢救。

Tiagong fake news Chinese media even used the words 抢救。

can only say if not for the leak, no 1 outside might ever know the real truth [;)]

Edited by Beregond

It's a prohibited place under the Official Secrets Act. sec 5a. They can't just take any photo and post online.

SAF compound but I think SCDF staff (those emergency ambulance officer who went down to the scene) who spread the photos online?

Not doubting that there's a law in place and that there should be such a law. Problem is selective enforcement and the obvious fact that they are only trying to tekan these 5 fellows because their lies were exposed.

Nothing to do with any military secrets.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1