Full-time national serviceman dies after accident with Bionix during training 03 Nov 18

Raubern

If really sick, better report sick.

Like me, mc for one month, then immediately go back, they want me to sail. So i sail with them to Taiwan. At Taiwan, my illness flare up again. So had to report sick there. Was brought to hospital and have excuse from exercises. In the end, i am just a dead weight they carry around. I just enjoy my 10 days ahore leave there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

What's the reason there can be 15 pax falling out due to heat stroke at the same time?

Weather/lack of rest or other punishment. I don't remember the details. I was at the MC when the rover and ambulance start evacuating them in. I don't remember what the reason what caused such mass causalties. I can only rber the chaotic scene and subsequent high ranking officers coming in the following week or so..no night off. Edited by Kopites

This is only my camp as 41 medic. Eventful? Saddened?

I always tell the youngsters nowadays. In the army if they never ask you to run..that you walk. If no one ask you to stand than you sit down immediately. Follow the crowd and never volunteer your times. Keep a super low profile and not be the prominent one unless you want to sign on as regular. Others call you keng king/sabotage king is perfectly alright. At the end of day you will be the one with sane mind to rod.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

mass heat exhaustion/stroke evacuated to medical centre during road march around the same span of times. Around 10 to 15 of them(I don't remember the exact figures). 41sar and 21 arty MO on hand. 2 MO and together with medics doing IV infusion on the sickbay floor. It was like war zone. Blood and ice water spillage everywhere. That was the first time I poked on another human foot. His vein on arm collapsed so was scolded by MO to take the foot.

I encountered similar before. Taiwan summer really no joke. Superbly fit guys (abt 15 or so) collapsed - in a span of 15mins - towards the end of a 3D2N exercise during fast march in mid day to the end point. We were on some kind of dirt track (animal path?) but no overhead vegetation.

When the scale of the incident became clear, the trainers evacuated the casualties down to a CCP at a nearby road (as opposed to treating in situ) as the other trainees were already stretched to their limits.

CCP was as you described - huge patches of blood n water on the floor.

I recall the medics even ran out of IV packs and had to call for resup. The rover came with more IV packs and jerry cans of water.

These are the times when we truly appreciated the combat medics for doing what they were trained to do.

Fortunately there wasn't any death/serious injury, no doubt due to the good work of the 4 medics with us.

• Praise 3

I encountered similar before. Taiwan summer really no joke. Superbly fit guys (abt 15 or so) collapsed - in a span of 15mins - towards the end of a 3D2N exercise during fast march in mid day to the end point. We were on some kind of dirt track (animal path?) but no overhead vegetation.

When the scale of the incident became clear, the trainers evacuated the casualties down to a CCP at a nearby road (as opposed to treating in situ) as the other trainees were already stretched to their limits.

CCP was as you described - huge patches of blood n water on the floor.

I recall the medics even ran out of IV packs and had to call for resup. The rover came with more IV packs and jerry cans of water.

These are the times when we truly appreciated the combat medics for doing what they were trained to do.

Fortunately there wasn't any death/serious injury, no doubt due to the good work of the 4 medics with us.

Mine wasn't CCP. Medical centre. Plenty stock of IV. Ice cube cold water. Treatment room with the shower bed (I have forgotten the term) already treating one causalty. The rests all shifted into the sick bay floor. My senior medic Eric Lee (realised and appreciated his effort only in the latter years. He didn't treat any causalty instead standing at the MC entrance barking instructions. We medic were all like wtf..kpkb like a mad dog..without him giving instruction it will be even more chaotic and might turn fatal as well.) Not sure Eric Lee still around? He probably will be in his 80s now.

Ok enough of sharing.

• Praise 1

I shared with you here. Not fit for duty can be amend to excuse running or excuse carry weight. MO won't invalid the MC but can "endorse" the MC.

Last time my unit report sick prior to exercise....

Follow ration truck, send ration...

Edited by Hoseyboh

I remember long ago in safti..

Was night training. Not too far from the soc field.

Night patrol. We're prone by the track.. then amx 13s start rumbling down.

Knn.. all go non tac immediately stand up on torch light .. how did infantry get mixed up with armour at night not knowing each other was supposed tho be there..

• Praise 1

Non wartime cosplay also can have this kind of miscommunication?

Wonder if there was any punishment meted out for what you experienced and any actions taken to prevent such things from happening again. Under fog of war, I reckon SG army will have a lot of blue on blue deaths.

SAF can have lots of cock ups one...

when i was in safincos, we had m203 live firing at area i think A or B... very big open area.

we went there in tonners, then de-bused and waited for our turns, with lessons, dry runs and all, and the live firing range was about 30 m away.

Can see the open area maybe 2-3 km away, was all still open patch sandy area. At one point when the whole company was going through the live firing (i thin 4-5 details at a time), we saw the open area 2-3 km away, got projectiles (that time didn't know the name even) landing, and then exploding...

TMD... They were mortar rounds landing there, live firing also...

We were from D coy. Our OC was the 2nd fattest OC in Safincos at that time. after the first wave of mortar rounds landed only, we saw our bui bui OC, actually running from the live firing point, to his land rover, then picked up the signal set (30 yr ago got no handphone hor), and we heard him yelling to the other party (which I gathered much much later, must be safti ops room)...

Within seconds, he got off the comms, and shouted at the entire company, for everyone to load up the parked tonners, and all moved out back where we came from...

waited forgot how long, then afterwards went back in again, and continued the live firing...

Incidentally, 1.5 yr later, i was posted to 46SAR support coy. Then somehow we heard our OC is henta kaki type (unlike other AI Coys OC all scholars, even got one PC who later became Chief Armour Officer)... The OC was mortar-trained, and then someone said he was the OC responsible for the mortar live firing we encountered in safincos... the 120 mm mortar just needed to be calibrated a bit more off... and our company could have been history at that time... [sweatdrop]

But amour vehicle engine so loud! Definitely not lexus standard..10/20meter away should be able to hear them coming

err... if in the middle of the night, and the ground troops were being tactical, then actually from 50 m away also can hear liao...

but likely all taken by surprised, so still stayed tactical dun dare so fast come out...

• Praise 4

SAF can have lots of cock ups one...

when i was in safincos, we had m203 live firing at area i think A or B... very big open area.

we went there in tonners, then de-bused and waited for our turns, with lessons, dry runs and all, and the live firing range was about 30 m away.

Can see the open area maybe 2-3 km away, was all still open patch sandy area. At one point when the whole company was going through the live firing (i thin 4-5 details at a time), we saw the open area 2-3 km away, got projectiles (that time didn't know the name even) landing, and then exploding...

TMD... They were mortar rounds landing there, live firing also...

We were from D coy. Our OC was the 2nd fattest OC in Safincos at that time. after the first wave of mortar rounds landed only, we saw our bui bui OC, actually running from the live firing point, to his land rover, then picked up the signal set (30 yr ago got no handphone hor), and we heard him yelling to the other party (which I gathered much much later, must be safti ops room)...

Within seconds, he got off the comms, and shouted at the entire company, for everyone to load up the parked tonners, and all moved out back where we came from...

waited forgot how long, then afterwards went back in again, and continued the live firing...

Incidentally, 1.5 yr later, i was posted to 46SAR support coy. Then somehow we heard our OC is henta kaki type (unlike other AI Coys OC all scholars, even got one PC who later became Chief Armour Officer)... The OC was mortar-trained, and then someone said he was the OC responsible for the mortar live firing we encountered in safincos... the 120 mm mortar just needed to be calibrated a bit more off... and our company could have been history at that time... [sweatdrop]

err... if in the middle of the night, and the ground troops were being tactical, then actually from 50 m away also can hear liao...

but likely all taken by surprised, so still stayed tactical dun dare so fast come out...

Wahahaha, you got 120 rounds landing in your area I've got 155 rounds landed on a farm in Thailand and killed a herd of cattles....

It was due to the fact that the firing window was out and no checks was carry out...

Commander was charged but still fly high leh cause he was a scholar...

• Praise 3

Wahahaha, you got 120 rounds landing in your area I've got 155 rounds landed on a farm in Thailand and killed a herd of cattles....

It was due to the fact that the firing window was out and no checks was carry out...

Commander was charged but still fly high leh cause he was a scholar...ð

The herd of cattles lost to paper value (pun intended).

Commander was charged but still fly high leh cause he was a scholar...

aiyoh... was the whole farm destroyed then? 155 leh, our most lethal weapon liao... better be lethal [sweatdrop]

but hope no human casualty.

also got animals killed in farm in Aust. (not-yet-armed) bomb accidentally dropped from plane, crushed animals to death... but covered up and paid compensation.

scholars are destined to go up and up. The future CAO in our unit - he was a CPT PC leading his platoon to chiong flanking during the AIs' armour conversion course. His coy 2IC was those old school LTA, and when he met 2IC will address the 2IC as 'Sir'. After the unit turned operational, the PC became OC straightaway, while the OC became S3. Heng the 2IC got posted out to SOA and avoid having to have table turned and have to address the new OC 'Sir' everyday... [sweatdrop]

Scholars or high flyer confirmed to go up and up de. I remember last time my unit CO was a major, after we have ORD he was promoted straight to LTC then only after not so many years later and during our reservist, saw that he was a BG liao.

Edited by 13177

Scholars or high flyer confirmed to go up and up de. I remember last time my unit CO was a major, after we have ORD he was promoted straight to LTC then only after not so many years later and during our reservist, saw that he was a BG liao.

yup. The PC->OC--->CAO i mentioned, was a President's scholar. no stopping him.

but at BG, will see got how many can make it to MG liao. Most will actually go LTA/SMRT/ST, etc...

yup. The PC->OC--->CAO i mentioned, was a President's scholar. no stopping him.

but at BG, will see got how many can make it to MG liao. Most will actually go LTA/SMRT/ST, etc...

Inn the book : defending the lion city.

The author actually commented that saf officers seemed more focused on their post saf careers than their army one.

Not a good observation at all..

• Praise 2

Commander was charged but still fly high leh cause he was a scholar...ð

This wan i also heard but its mortar not howitzer.....not sure that time 155mm got stationed in Thailand or not as those self-propelled arty are stationed in ROC.

I remembered the safety officer shouting through the loud hailer for any civilians to clear of the area before the live firing starts. Most prob the cattle didnt understand Thai...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1