New Punggol link road to open about a year ahead of schedule

Wormee

Dead end on this new road?

Iirc this was the route we took. Cos I thought the road will loop back to tpe and since this was a new road and we had time, so I just drove straight to see where the loop was. Ended up dead end.

So had to u turn and make a turn to punggol.

Cos I had the impression that I could go back to tpe eventually just maybe towards changi or there was a connection to seletar. Wanted to explore. Cos don't forget it was night and this was the first time I was on this road and I had this saying

"In Singapore, if you are lost, just drive straight and you will come to a sign saying this way to xxx expressway."

Famous last words :D

post-57859-0-66066700-1543222334_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

Iirc this was the route we took. Cos I thought the road will loop back to tpe and since this was a new road and we had time, so I just drove straight to see where the loop was. Ended up dead end.

Cos I had the impression that I could go back to tpe eventually just maybe towards changi or there was a connection to seletar. Wanted to explore. Cos don't forget it was night and this was the first time I was on this road and I had this saying

"In Singapore, if you are lost, just drive straight and you will come to a sign saying this way to xxx expressway."

There should be signs that direct you turn left to Punggol estate?

You missed the sign directing you to TPE PIE. 

don't drive into the sea can already.  [laugh]

I was around Punggol Plaza, Punggol Central area at about 6pm, seems like Punggol Central road was much more crowded today with all the vehicles coming down from the new link.  

• Praise 1

Drive thru at 1am, spacious road with 3 lanes.

From KPE straight to Punggol, no traffic light till the KFC (Golf area)

Wonder what's the speed limit. Didn't notice any signboard

Same, didn’t noticed any speed limit signs along the way. Then again, if its considered a flyover into an expressway, or the junction (where you split to Pasir Ris farmway and TPE/KEP), by default all roads speed limit is 50km/h unless otherwise stated.

After using the new road from Punggol Central to TPE, true enough my guess is that they joined to the existing entrance (into TPE) where the old Lor Halus road which was closed now. The 2 lanes merged into one before entering the TPE. Hope this will not be the bottleneck when traffic gets heavier when school reopens. In addition, I noticed the contours on that road stays the same. I remembered quite sometimes back it was flooded on one of the days when there was very very heavy rain. Wonder if they solved it. Don’t wanna get my car stuck in there when it happens.

Edited by Wormee

Does Lor Halus Rd still exist with this new road opened?

Yes it does. Just that need to enter from the new road. The existing slip road to Lor Halus is closed.

Bicycle can take this route?

My personal preference is no because it’s suppose to alleviate traffic. Bicycles will cause the alleviation effectiveness to drop.

How's the traffic on the new road after the first few days when school reopens?

It already helps before school restart.

Basically diver traffic build up from the trunk roads within the town.

Exit going to CTE is less congested by traffics that previously were going to TPE/KPE/PIE direction.

Now within the town motorist can easily switch with 2 or more option to TPE or KPE.

At least it helps motorist going CTE by alleviating heavy traffic condition even before going to expressways.

MOT and LTA are really pawns. All these works coincides very closely with GE. When all these can happen way much earlier.

It happened when I was at EC GRC before moving to PPGRC.

Nonetheless I am moving out of this GRC back to EC GRC.....

It's good..

Edited by Yewheng

Have been monitoring the cam along TPE, morning and evening, so far doesn't seems to have massive jam and traffic is smooth.
  • Praise 1

Have been monitoring the cam along TPE, morning and evening, so far doesn't seems to have massive jam and traffic is smooth.

this week may not be a true gauge yet as i notice as a whole traffic lightly.

Next week shld reflect better

Ya but should be pretty close to the whole traffic already. maybe 80-90%?

The road so far so good is great. Both morning and evening peak hours. Even if cars double from this week i don't think will be a big problem.

• Praise 2

Because some parents on leave for P1, but don't think will be significant. Traffic is light also can be due to smooth traffic flow as it can clear faster. Still got opening of phase 2 in 2-3 years time. But then residents population also building up fast so conditions may change again. Edited by Dafansu
↡ Advertisement