New Punggol link road to open about a year ahead of schedule

Wormee

If you entered Lorong Halus by mistake, there is a small road to link to Pasir Ris estate.

I take it that you are just not familiar with the roads there.

I was driving back from work last night and went the new flyover by mistake. I was travelling from KPE to TPE.

Anyway I told my friend no biggie. Sure got connection back to TPE. Jusy need to go straight. Famous last words.

We drove straight until we got to a dead end along pasir ris farmway.

Yeah u turn and headed back by going through punggol/sengkang.

↡ Advertisement

The new punggol link also help ease traffic in TPE towards SLE direction during evening peak hours. Now travelling from changi airport to yishun/cte will not need to get in traffic jam from pasir ris to punggol. Now is moderate to heavy instead of traffic jam.

Neutral Newbie

At last, 14 more days!

Punggol is getting its new road to TPE/KPE being Phase 1 starting 25 Nov 2018. Hope that it alleviates the peak hour jam (even on weekends).

Kinda of excited as I'm personally affected by the jam everyday. Let's look at the situation after it opens. But then again, it is during school holidays and the real situation should be reflected next year when school reopens.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-punggol-link-road-to-tpe-kpe-10908120

Really like this new road. No more heavy jam during to moring peak hours. 

Really like this new road. No more heavy jam during to moring peak hours. 

Havent totally finished yet.

Now the jam will be those that are turning tpe to sle direction from punggol.

(edited)

Today start the real test liao..

I have been taking the new route everyday since 25 Nov 18. My timing is about 715am. By this timing, the usual old route already jam and Google maps started showing red.

It was still smooth on the new route despite of traffic light with cars. The timing for the lights were long enough for cars to clear. No cars were left in the yellow box like the old route does.

P.S. Aside to this, from 8 plus onwards, there's an accident on Changi North Road ramp towards TPE causing full red all the way from Sengkang to Airport direction. Haiz.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

How about evening peak?

Better at KPE towards TPE?

Evening peak should be much better than morning. Morning traffic is still heavy but at least not Jam and stuck for that long. But then with more residents moving in to Punggol at Northshore expect traffic to be slow again in next one year. 

Evening peak should be much better than morning. Morning traffic is still heavy but at least not Jam and stuck for that long. But then with more residents moving in to Punggol at Northshore expect traffic to be slow again in next one year.

There’s still phase 2 coming in.

From Changi side, TPE towards Punggol, there appears to be another side road (exiting to KPE) but should join the new Halus Link flyover to Punggol Central.

When that opens, it should further alleviate traffic jam at the current exit 9 of TPE to Punggol.

oh yeah, phase 2 [:p]

Edited by Kb27

From Changi side, TPE towards Punggol, there appears to be another side road (exiting to KPE) but should join the new Halus Link flyover to Punggol Central.

When that opens, it should further alleviate traffic jam at the current exit 9 of TPE to Punggol.

oh yeah, phase 2 [:p]

yes this is the one under Phase 2 which includes the road direct to pasir ris from punggol central. Should open in a year or two base on the construction progress.

Start Date: 1st Qtr 2017

Completion Date: 2nd Qtr 2021

post-7510-0-27421000-1546915594.jpg

At least now the rate of Punggol residents growth is unlike before, when every BTO launch has a Punggol estate. Nowadays not so commonly seen, so hopefully the roads with phase 2 will maintain the current traffic.

Also, there seems to be a trend that less people are owning cars too. My estate season parking availability used to be exclusive to only 1 car a household, but now there is quite a bit of spare season parking available for 2nd cars. I can also sense it with more parking lots to choose from at night.

your estate peepur are fashionable!

Also, there seems to be a trend that less people are owning cars too. My estate season parking availability used to be exclusive to only 1 car a household, but now there is quite a bit of spare season parking available for 2nd cars. I can also sense it with more parking lots to choose from at night.

At least now the rate of Punggol residents growth is unlike before, when every BTO launch has a Punggol estate. Nowadays not so commonly seen, so hopefully the roads with phase 2 will maintain the current traffic.

After MOP,usually lesser car as PRs moved into the estate. Some becomes rental unit also. These people usually prefer to take public transport.

The number of residents moving into Northshore district is massive. Almost ready in the next 1-2 years. Edited by Dafansu

yes this is the one under Phase 2 which includes the road direct to pasir ris from punggol central. Should open in a year or two base on the construction progress.

Start Date: 1st Qtr 2017

Completion Date: 2nd Qtr 2021

Quickly finish building it.

Can divert some traffic and buses to this new road from TPE.

↡ Advertisement